Career

“I Don’t Care if You Like Each Other, Just Get S**t Done”! Do You Agree with Diddy’s Cut-Throat ‘Motivation’ for His Staff?

diddyAs the weekend approaches, most of our minds are wondering off to what leisurely activities we’re going to indulge in, (well, apart from the elections).

But here’s some ‘#PureMotivation’ for you!

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is known to be a ruthless businessman and in one of his #Diddys15secofmotivation videos he proves just that.

Posted this week, in it he meets with his staff and says to them,

“I don’t care if y’all love each other, like each other, get along on the weekends or none of that.

It’s only one result.

And as I said in my theme of the year, is to get. S*it. Done.”

I don’t wanna hear about nothing else.”

Watch it here:

Credit: Instagram.com/IAmDiddy

1. Olori Tari

April 10, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Lol the guilt on my face, one would think he was talking directly to me! GET IT DONE…zero excuses to be honest! Go all out and yes, I fully agree!

2. ATL's finest

April 10, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Hell yes!! He sounds like me right now.. These are my exact words; it’s really annoying when U have co-workers that drag or like I call them shit starter and then if affects the job and no team work. I don’t ve to like U to work with U because at the end of the day, I’m making my coin & we ain’t breaking bread nor having a PJ parties outside the job. There’s nothing like team work. Everyone doesn’t have to like each other to get alone. Some folks just let immaturity take over them. If u ask me what happened at work 3days ago, I can’t recall because that BS ain’t worth remembering if it has nothing relating to my job description PERIOD!!!

• ATL's finest

April 10, 2015 at 7:11 pm

*along*.. I know someone will be justifying this smh

3. Marc Francis of Chelsea

April 10, 2015 at 7:19 pm

That would be a terrible work environment. Nothing worse than working for an egotistical boss.

4. lookpass

April 10, 2015 at 7:23 pm

thats the truth! we should look past our differences and just get it done. I may not like you, but our goal is the same, so we must work together to get it done. Teamwork!

5. Diddy

April 10, 2015 at 7:35 pm

That is my man speaking,always in control,get shit done is the only to move forward in business,cos the moment u spend so much time on a particular shit,just know that failure is around the corner

6. Scared homosapien

April 10, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Of course, no sentiments in business o. If you can’t stand your colleague, you better resign, but if you have to stay under my payroll, you have to get along with one another and get my s*it done!!!!

7. MrIKedia

April 10, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Yes o.. He is too right. Get it done and have your bickering on your own time. When you are on my clock being paid, you work on my terms. FAAAACk you mean!!!

8. Adanna

April 10, 2015 at 7:49 pm

STORY.OF.MY.LIFE.

9. Ibinabo

April 10, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I agree with him 100%, do what you are paid to do and stop wasting time worrying about frivolities. I am female but I must confess that in the offices I have worked in females are usually guilty of this. Instead of minding their work they are always in each others’ businesses and keeping malice over petty issues.

10. nene

April 10, 2015 at 8:20 pm

but it’s true. he pays them to work for him, their personal lives should not be his problem.

11. fleur

April 10, 2015 at 8:23 pm

As someone who manages people, this is another way of saying I don’t see people, I see robots. If you don’t manage the people working for you and their perceived or real problems, progress will elude you.

• Get shit done

April 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm

I kinda get what you are saying but the truth is getting along is not what they are been paid for. It’ll be nice if they did but if not, still get my shit done or walk out the door. As someone who works for a large corporation, there’s none of that sentimental shit. Off course there are pple i dont get along with but we have goals and we gotta meet them by the end of the year. If not you get fired. Theres a ton of pple looking for work.

• fleur

April 11, 2015 at 1:10 am

I did not ask that they must get along. I implied that he needs to confront the issue. A lot of work requires team work for success. There will be disagreements. The question is whether the disagreements are premised in technicalities that impact the end product. Even when it is about personality differences, those differences can be the difference between losing good staff and retaining bullies who have less to offer than the people they ride roughshod over. It cannot be ignored. People do not lock their personalities in a closet when they come to work. They bring it with them. Each organization really needs to invest time learning about the interactions between the workers. The level of trust and happiness is directly correlated to productivity. Silicon Valley companies have mastered this art. It is not about changing people. It is about promoting a feeling of connectivity to a grant mission that brings out creativity and personal investment beyond what any level of salary could do. If there is a spanner in the wheel of production and the boss is focused on the product without thinking about the means to the product, you are looking at a product that might not reflect maximized potential. Even if one is running a production line that requires near robotic workers, you still need a level of cooperation and collaboration between all persons manning critical points in the production line in order to produce at a level that exceeds expectation – high quality products, on time deliveries, etc. You want people looking forward to coming to work. You want them to know that they matter and you care. They can get your pay check elsewhere. You cannot find the human spirit each person brings in every and any place..

12. @edDREAMZ

April 10, 2015 at 8:32 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Cant watch the video….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

13. Mrs Nwosu

April 10, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Is that a bowl of cereal in front of him? You go Diddy too many lazy bones trolling around giving excuses and not delivering result.

14. shaeyi

April 10, 2015 at 9:45 pm

I tots agree with him, you have a job 2 do u do it sentiment aside

15. beast

April 10, 2015 at 11:17 pm

lol! Puffy is upset he hasn’t made billionaire yet. I’m sure in his mind he’s like ‘can’t see Jordan as number1’.
    Tell quilox to reduce the price of your vodka. Na so i see 8 men dey share one bottle

16. Kelechi

April 11, 2015 at 1:50 am

Research on very successful people shows a consistent trait. Which is clinical ruthlessness when it comes to achieving their goals. They have an uncanny ability separate everything else from the actual objective. This trait is often misinterpreted by others as being cold,unfriendly or harsh. In reality what it is,is advanced focus.

17. Somebody

April 11, 2015 at 2:43 am

Poor leadership skills on display right here. All this sounds good in theory, but have you ever really worked for a boss ‘who doesn’t give a shit’ about what’s going on with the workers lives? The workers usually end up not giving a shit about what’s going on with the company too. Empathy and compassion are free, but they pay GREAT dividends.

• jide

April 11, 2015 at 5:42 pm

But if the company bears everyone’s personal pain and spends all time and resources playing dr Phil and Oprah to every snot who can’t separate work from personal ish, how will the company be profitable and remain competitive? People join companies forgetting that the core reason for existence is to make money.

18. Peter Oyeti

April 11, 2015 at 8:38 am

I agree with Diddy! Do what you are paid to do, some put it in the CV that they can work in any environment to produce result, change agent etc so do your job and leave the sentiments aside!