Music

New Music: Timi Dakolo – Wish Me Well

BellaNaija.com

Timi Dakolo Wish Me WellMusic star Timi Dakolo is out with his first single in 2015 and it is titled ‘Wish Me Well’.

The song, produced by Cobhams, is off his forthcoming album ‘Love and Consequences’,

For his new single Timi Dakolo draws inspiration for this single from his days as a young boy in Port Harcourt just before West African Idols, going through the harsh events of life.

“I have had it bad, from days with no money to pay my school fees, having to survive by selling pure water, pushing wheelbarrows for money, it has been tough. I remember when Idols came calling, I knew this was my opportunity to make it, I picked my bags and moved to see what would happen. I was scared, but if I didn’t, I wonder where I would be.”

Listen!

Download

1. Jude

April 20, 2015 at 11:46 pm

My best musician in Nigeria ,keep it up timi

2. ty

April 21, 2015 at 1:12 am

heart warming…… nigeria seal. that voice, OMG!!!

3. tish

April 21, 2015 at 2:00 am

Timi is good. Different from the everyday Naija musician, but really good. Kudos!

4. newman

April 21, 2015 at 2:46 am

The best Rnb musician.. Naija ever produce, I always look forward to his songs.

5. imose

April 21, 2015 at 3:15 am

Lovely song !! Good job Timi… So inspiring! I must say your standard keeps moving up.

6. SLA

April 21, 2015 at 5:25 am

I totally love the song. Timi is hugely talented. I was just a little bit disappointed with his hustling during the GEJ campaign.

7. word

April 21, 2015 at 6:09 am

Substance. Away from all the gbam-gbam-dim-dim. And them vocals…..hmmmm

8. adetoke

April 21, 2015 at 8:41 am

I always look forward to hearing him sing….great one there!

9. Baraqah

April 21, 2015 at 8:47 am

Timi is so good. Sounds a like a wonderful country song which is really different from the rest of the pack.!
    Well done to his talented producer cobhmams!

10. Ene

April 21, 2015 at 8:54 am

Great song, Great artiste!

11. elise

April 21, 2015 at 9:06 am

His song is good but credibility Zero. will rather listen to his song but never again to attend his concert because he may never even show up.

• peter

April 21, 2015 at 9:32 am

His credibility is a 100 percent. Timi will only never show up if u don’t meet his terms. He takes his music more seriously than a bank manager. Not a good thing to try to put a good man down.

• Jhennique

April 21, 2015 at 10:24 am

@ Peter please dont mind her. The only reason Timi may dissapoint being at an event is if there is a family emergency cos he doesnt joke with his family, Which is a very good thing. Stop trying to knock anoda mans hustle

• Jhennique

April 21, 2015 at 10:23 am

wetin dey worry this one? lol! abeg take seat

• Veekay

April 21, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Timi keeps to time, unless of course, you refused to pay him or come to a conclusion…he can’t keep on doing charity, he has a family to Carter for

12. Jhennique

April 21, 2015 at 9:41 am

On replay!!!!!

13. Lyrics

April 21, 2015 at 10:06 am

I didn’t expect anything less and I sure wasn’t disappointed. I love Timi and Cobhams!

14. Nnomsie

April 21, 2015 at 10:25 am

What a deep. rich and unique voice. I’m really in love with his music.

15. 'lade

April 21, 2015 at 11:00 am

timi!!!!!!!!!

16. Liz

April 21, 2015 at 11:00 am

Splendid…I could imagine him playing live at the Royal Albert Hall. #withlove

17. Enkay

April 21, 2015 at 11:12 am

Nice. Refreshing.

18. tunmi

April 21, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Oooohhhh I want to hear a collaboration with him and Seyi Shay. Something about their voices together sounds appealing

19. whatwillbewillbe

April 21, 2015 at 12:55 pm

My dear SLA, no vex, Timi has always been pro GEJ. He wasn’t hustling. Funny how no one seems to accuse Mavin, Banky and the likes that campaigned for APC of hustling.
    TIMI is one of the most underrated arts of Nigeria, This guy should be our number 1, why the heck isn’t he?

20. tunmi

April 21, 2015 at 12:58 pm

This sounds like soundtrack music

21. babygiwa

April 21, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

22. cesc

April 21, 2015 at 3:41 pm

heartwarming, lovely lovely song.. I’m impressed. There’s hope for nigerian music.. Someday we will produce music that can stand on the same level as the likes of Seal and Coldplay.. deep thought provoking songs… I like!!!

23. olajumoke

April 21, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Timi…A class on his own!

24. Tosin

April 22, 2015 at 9:17 am

🙂 🙂 🙂

• Tosin

April 22, 2015 at 9:18 am

the queen is pleased.

25. Opara Boy

April 22, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Lovely! Just Beautiful.

26. adelegirl

April 24, 2015 at 8:31 am

LOVE!!!
    Timi Dakolo and Asa are by far my favourite Nigerian musicians. They are 100% original and they make meaningful music that speaks to my soul not to mention the awesome gift that is their voice. LOVE this! I wish I knew where I could buy authentic CDs of Nigerian artistes. You never really know when you’re buying pirated and I hate to do that especially for talented hardworking musicians like Timi and Asa.

27. ayomikun

May 2, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Temi nice song nice lyrics and so inspiring I love you temi dakolo keep the good work

28. Ifesi

May 17, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Love! Love! This song. Timi only a few compares to you. The other bunch of naija artists are just crappy lyricists

29. trust

May 23, 2015 at 8:35 am

Timi has been test and trust let’s give it up 4 him cobhams is a master class producer wow see song

30. adejoh

July 20, 2015 at 12:30 am

I celebrate you

31. CL

August 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

I travelled to Nigeria two weeks ago, and as soon as I lodged into an hotel and the concierge turned on the AC & TV, I wasn’t paying attention to the video footage, but the sounds and the deep lyrics that came on TV (hip tv) hit me.

What…who is this guy…and then I looked up…it was Timi Dakolo! Then I did a quick google search. And remembered I had watched him perform “If there’s any justice – By lemar” on Nigerian Idol some years back. He was really good with his rendition.

I watched “Wish me well” on youtube again that same day (as hiptv spent the rest of the day showing videos that contain mediocre beats with different lewd lyrics and erotic dances) and I broke into tears. Timi basically summed up “me” 10 years ago!

Timi told my story…my own hustle..how I had actually packed my bags and told family members….to “wish me well” as I was going all out on my own.

Looking back, I am glad I did pack my bags….

Thanks Timi Dakolo. You have a new fan! Just added you on IG. And Yes, I am buying this Album. The original one…not pirated!

32. Liz Joe

August 16, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Oh my God……what mmusic sensation is this? Jeeeez! Wooooow! I am playing this song over n over again. I sit in my house….recollecting my tussle and hussle as a girl back then after NYSC…it was rough,thorny…how I am able 2 stand on my two feet is Gods ability. @CL I can relate well dear.
    Timi u are God’s talent 2 Nigeria….take it frm me!

An emotional piece….country side,pastoral and rustic background(nature poets will get me properly)

33. Liz Joe

August 16, 2015 at 10:21 pm

And lastly…’Wish me well’ dope song, a million miles away from d usual noise I hate 2 hear frm some characters.

34. carter

August 18, 2015 at 11:28 am

i must say that this guy is the Lionel messi of soul music,,,,,,, am happy to see a Nigerian sing a miningfull song, am touch by hos lyrics,,,,God bless d producer of this song n d singer. ami…..

35. Doc Lewis

October 15, 2015 at 10:56 am

Wow!!! This is great…… Timi has indeed brought hope to the Nigeria Music Industry. This is good music for this generation and next generation to emulate.

36. Timi Dakolo