Scoop

Screen Divas! Joke Silva, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett, Bimbo Akintola, Dakore Akande & More Glammed Up as the Sophomore Edition of ‘Hear Word!’ Kicks Off

HearWord_1Hear Word! is back!

Last year we saw star actresses stage a quick play in Mushin Market in Lagos (click here if you missed it) as they promoted the debut season of Hear Word! so we are pretty excited to see what this Sophomore edition will have in store.

Hear Word! is a collection of skits based on the true life experiences of inequality from Nigerian women from different regions and walks of life. Humorous and poignant, the stories reveal deep social, political and cultural norms that confine and limit the potential of women across Africa and the diaspora. It is aimed at showcasing the best of Nigerian performance art that challenges the status quo with a focus on empowering women and transforming society.

Produced and directed by Ifeoma Fafunwa, the show generously serves up powerful performances from a cast of extraordinary Nigerian actresses- Joke Silva, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett, Kate Henshaw, Bimbo Akintola, Omonor, Elvina Ibru, Deborah Ohiri, Lala Akindoju, Zara Udofia, Rita Edward, Ufuoma McDermott and Odenike.

Hear Word_3 Hear Word_2

The costumes are by Nigerian designer, Ituen Basi.

Yesterday, there was a launch of the Sophomore edition of Hear Word! – Naija Woman Talk True at the Goethe-Institut Nigeria.

Check on it!

DSC_4706 DSC_4732 DSC_4736 DSC_4843 DSC_4868 DSC_4915 DSC_4953

Photo Credit: Hear Word!

1. tunmi

April 17, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Absolutely beautiful women

2. tunmi

April 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Wait, where is that police/detective soap opera Bimbo Akintola is involved with?

3. nnenne

April 17, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Bimbo Akintola is one actress that does not get the accolade she deserves. I love her acting.

• Pat

April 17, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I totally agree. I fell in love with her after l watched her in a movie called The Gardener in the 90’s. She is so natural at acting.

• Jaygirl

April 19, 2015 at 9:36 am

Oh my….u just took me way back!!!! I loved that movie.

4. chu

April 17, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Kate Henshaw is too fine jare.

5. Ani

April 17, 2015 at 3:06 pm

@ Nnenne so so true. I don’t know why she doesn’t bring out herself that much. To me, She’s the best in Nollywood. I love the way she interprets her roles.

6. Kunmi

April 17, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Beautiful Ladies. I really hope the skits will be on youtube. I just love how they look like regular people at the launch. A lot of Nigerian celebrities would have us believe that their faces are ‘beat’ by MUAs every single day. I’m sure the skits will be great. Joke Silva and Bimbo Akintola are powerful actresses.

7. Dolly

April 17, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Bimbo is so underrated, just like Taraji….I hope she gets her shine some day. She’s such a natural actress and delight on screen, oh I also dare to say she’s the only actress with a perfect diction.

8. letty

April 17, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I totally agree with u guys..bimbo is so captivating on screen..she literally sucks you in with her raw talent….a true thespian…give me the bimbos, joke silvas, liz bensons,Gloria youngs, genevieve can hold her own, queen nwokoye too does not get the accolade she deserves. …all these newfangled talentless so called actresses pls scoot over…..nollywood needs to do a better job with recruiting these so called actresses.. and clean up house..omotola most highly overrated, and uche and chika ike screaming their ways and contorting their faces through movies to compensate for poor acting….

all the omotola follow follows please keep ur comments to yourselves..and if you say anything back to sender…

9. ms tobi

April 17, 2015 at 4:10 pm

@Letty lmfao! you got me in your comment! but I really do love bimbo and d way she interprets her scripts

10. Calabar Gal

April 17, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Taiwo Ajai-Lycett – are you really in your eighties? You look younger than 35!!

11. fd62kola

April 17, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Bimbo Akintola is Bae

12. PD Young Billionaire

April 17, 2015 at 8:59 pm

I agree with you all….
    Bimbo Akintola is my favorite actress!

13. sadebabe

April 18, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Love Bimbo to bits. Lovely women they all are. These are the real professionals when it comes to female actresses. Love some of the Yoruba ones too.

14. Anonymous

April 25, 2015 at 3:11 pm

This is the classical, the quintessential nollywood, not the contemporary one penny a dozen wannabes.