News

Beat FM, MTN & Naija FM Shut Down due to Fuel Scarcity

imageRadio stations Beat 99.9 FM as well as Naija FM have shut down services very early tonight due to the ongoing fuel/diesel scarcity.

Making the announcement on social media, the radio stations stated that they will be closing at 8:00PM.

Beat FM mentioned on air that services will resume on Sunday morning but that Monday could not be guaranteed.

Telecoms company MTN also sent out a message saying:

image

1. Pat

May 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Scarcity of fuel in a country that has abundance of it.

2. Scared homosapien

May 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Critical situation!
    In other news, I heard salaries might be veryyyy late this month cos of the transitioning governments. We have to tighten our belts. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
    #austeritymeasures #fedcivilservant

3. http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.ccom

May 23, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Slowly, other organisations like banks will shut down and then we will know that shit has hit the fan.

4. Changing Faces

May 23, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Just negodu…. we followed marketers to OccupyNigeria in 2012, now they have occupied us? Oando, Conoil, Forte, MRS, Total… why are you people not selling na? Why are we not occupying the cabal… Jona biko revoke their licences.

• Nkoyo

May 24, 2015 at 6:38 pm

This “Negodu” just tops it for me. God have mercy on us…….

5. Ada Nnewi

May 23, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Chaos might soon set in…Meanwhile most GEJ supporters are outside Nigeria!

• Holmes2him

May 25, 2015 at 7:16 am

Must you blame GEJ for everything? Is this one his fault too? Ah!!! Obviously you don’t follow the news. So oil marketers are holding the country to a ransom and it is suddenly GEJ’s fault, dat man no go die for ur hands. For ur info, FG has not refused to pay oil marketers, they are only doing d right thing by asking a committee to review the bill of N159m submitted by d marketers becos it’s too bogus. I’m sure d committee will find irregularities at d end n d marketers know this that’s y they want to blackmail the FG into paying immediately.

• Me

May 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Very myopic. I expect nothing better from you @AdaNnewi. Bia, you just Finnish JSS? Becos ur views dey tire me o!

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Do you know why GEJ could not act against the cabal? Because they pay him, PEJ and Dieziani just to name a few, kickbacks in large amounts (That’s why Otedola heavily sponsored GEJ and Jimi Agbaje’s campaign and why Ifeanyi Uba wanted to die on top TAN) so they can keep collecting subsidy on fuel and kerosene that is shipped to and sold in neighbouring countries instead of being brought into Nigeria…You ignorant GEJ supporters should continue spilling bile…I wish it was possible to c reate your own country so you clowns can keep him as your leader…

6. Idomagirl

May 23, 2015 at 10:24 pm

Oh boy….

7. Emmy

May 23, 2015 at 10:26 pm

This is insane. How is our president NOT addressing this issue?

• Ada Nnewi

May 24, 2015 at 7:10 am

What were you expecting? Someone that did not address the Nation on the missing girls till international pressure set in.

• Warizdiz

May 24, 2015 at 11:15 am

In ur little mind only Jona and his supporters are responsible for this mess. Okwaya? The last l heard, all the state Gov’s have continued to receive their statutory monthly allocation. What did they do with it. Oh, the APC Gov’s hv paid salaries abi? What did they do with it? To think only the APC Gov’s are shouting. Well, they used the money for elections. Jona may have his faults and short comings and yes the Bucks stops at his desk, but analyse with sense abeg. And it is not compulsory you comment on all posts.

• Ada Nnewi

May 24, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Warizdiz the truth must really hurt you…

• T.I.

May 25, 2015 at 1:05 am

I’m not sure this can is the president’s fault. According to what I hear, the cabal/importers have been paid their subsidies but are requiring they also be paid to make up for the devaluation of the Naira. GEJ’s govt has said they will not pay for that and unless something else is at play I agree with that stance. FX devaluation/Time value of money is the risk of doing business, the govt. is not their personal atm or whatever. Did Buhari say he will pay them when he is sworn in? if not then the problem has no end in sight since the fuel importers have decided to bring the country to her knees. It’s time to do away with subsidies.

8. nene

May 23, 2015 at 10:27 pm

it is a terrible situation. i support them in shutting down, other businesses should do the same. even schools should tell students to stay home. there’s no point wasting fuel in times like this.

9. Smith's Kitchen

May 23, 2015 at 10:30 pm

This is no longer funny, I see. A gradual shutdown of the economy.SMH terrible

10. Tee

May 23, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Hmmmm! N they’ll say why are we running away from naija oh. Lol
    Why won’t I run?
    With my basic work study job, I’ve no reason to fear for no gasoline for God knows how long, I have no reason to fear I won’t have electricity unless I haven’t paid what I owe. A system should work this way, I pay my taxes, I pay my bills, I get what I ask for.simple. There should be no excuses to this nonsense. It is absolutely ridiculous! I feel sorry for Nigerians, we are an oil producing country for the love of God. The Nigerian government is a scam, and incompetent, total nonsense. It’s errant BS! I love my country and miss certain things, but tbh the way it’s going, many of us will not be returning if this is how it’s going to be. And no it’s not a threat or whatsoever, there’s no place like home, yeah but I’d rather have a functioning system than home where I’ve to suffer for what should be handed to me.

11. Kay

May 23, 2015 at 10:41 pm

When the elephants fight,it’s the grass that suffers.
    Biko nu end this plague

12. just me

May 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm

And where are all those occupy nigeria youths? All these would’ve been avoidable.

13. dolapo

May 23, 2015 at 10:51 pm

What kind of country is this. We are being ruled by fools that’s the sad truth. Goodluck Johnathan and his cronies have destroyed Nigeria and are leaving the carcass for Buhari to resuscitate,

14. Rolly

May 23, 2015 at 10:59 pm

It’s bad enough the govt doesn’t provide constant electricity and now this? How are people meant to survive without petrol to drive (no other means of transportation) and diesel to power their generators? This is unethical and so embarrassing. Businesses and corporations shutting down early to ration diesel.
    Honestly, I will never take 24/7 power supply in the UK for granted anymore. Imagine thinking/planning when next you’d be able to do something so simple as charging your phone. Nigeria is just a disgrace sometimes.

15. Diesel

May 23, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Jona see how far u’ve run the affair of this country yet u wanted to continue . thank God we didn’t make the terrible mistake of voting u in for another 4 years of living in hell

• usuji

May 24, 2015 at 6:18 am

the idiot still wanted to return for another 4 years imagine!!! fuel scarcity has been going on for days and he hasnt even come out to say anythng about it !!!, “hero”MY FOOT!!!

16. vivian

May 23, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Na wa ooooooo

17. kk

May 23, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Ooopsss

18. A Real Nigerian

May 24, 2015 at 12:02 am

What a failed country.
    Well, the citizens deserve to suffer. We are as guilty as the leaders we always condemn. The average Nigerian is greedy, selfish, corrupt, inept, unwilling to change and thus, we will all continue to pay for our sins. Don’t blame the leaders, let’s blame yourselves for being so morally rotten. We will suffer.
    Pathetic.

• A Real Nigerian

May 24, 2015 at 12:03 am

*ourselves

• cindy

May 24, 2015 at 8:01 am

Pls don’t generalise. I am not any of the things you mentuoned so I don’t deserve to suffer.

• ShineShineShine

May 24, 2015 at 11:23 am

Have u ever photocopied ur personal docs using company machine and paper? Is your father a senator, member of house state/federal?. Is ur mother a contract inflating contractor? Are ur parents civil servants yet you live like Dangote? The list goes on. If in ur church mind u know you belong to any of theses categories or hv taken what is not urs then, my friend u are a part of the problem. It is oh so easy to throw stones.

• leader's leader

May 24, 2015 at 1:46 pm

My dear we’ll not suffer! It will all end one day…maybe in our great grandchildren,s generation but it will all end. Although I agree with you small. The average nigeria has to be a good leader and not only the leaders. I get angry when I see Nigerians and their lackadaisical attitude in showing the tiniest virtue of a leader.because one day they too migh have a seat high up and will definitely give this BS we receiving again!

19. Amina

May 24, 2015 at 12:07 am

God Bless Nigeria.

20. Somebody

May 24, 2015 at 12:14 am

To open this sef na problem because I dey manage my battery. No light

21. cindy

May 24, 2015 at 12:18 am

This man wants to drain us finish before he eventually lives. There’s God o. See how much debt you put us in Jonathan? I’m even too tired to be angry. Light here is so bad. Thank God for inverter *sigh*

22. Lucy

May 24, 2015 at 12:53 am

Hnmmmm it is seriously getting worse

23. Regnawii

May 24, 2015 at 1:18 am

naija our country

24. nwa nna

May 24, 2015 at 2:33 am

shyte just got real!

25. Tosin

May 24, 2015 at 5:54 am

Weee dey keee demselves before?

26. keechi

May 24, 2015 at 6:40 am

Naija!! I’m seriously praying for thee.

27. ada

May 24, 2015 at 6:44 am

GEJ and his team are leaving naija in a bad shape for BUHARI to inherit. THis is very ba. As patience good luck said ‘There is God o’

28. Pat

May 24, 2015 at 7:13 am

@The Real Nigerian, Correct!!! You said it all. No body can put it better than u just did. 🙁 And that’s why we all suffer in this kind of mess. Whether one lives abroad, in Naija or is rich the situation of the country has been a set back in our lives in one way or the other. Those that even have the interest of the people get killed e.g Saro Wiwa, MKO and so on. I guess fear Plays a role in making positive change in Naija, nobody wants be be silenced/ killed so people succum to the “usual’ way things are done since the county is lawless.

29. chinyere

May 24, 2015 at 8:21 am

This fuel scarcity is really getting out of hand, to the extent of affecting the media systems, we pray for a better government in nigeria.

30. SMH

May 24, 2015 at 8:30 am

This country is a joke,

31. emata(truth)

May 24, 2015 at 9:41 am

GEJ and his cronies are a bunch of selfish, insensitive, wicked, shameless, diabolical, corrupt, clueless(as to good leadership) and incompetent people. They together form an apotheosis of BAD governance. They are educated illiterates who according to the well respected Wole Soyinka could not have dreamt to even “smell the varnish on the seats” they occupy” but for corruption and rigging of elections. No more room for incarnate spirits of corruption in this country. May God give Buhari the wisdom to wipe off this mess.

• Chi

May 24, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Plenty English….

32. krasavitsa

May 24, 2015 at 10:01 am

Smdh, whenever I complain about the deplorable state of the nation and compare her to other countries (eg, Benin, yes! At our backyard here), there’s always someone to give an insensitive retort like “Be patriotic”. What a laugh! Westerners and even many Africans have every reason to be patriotic, their government is FOR them. I have no reason at all to be sentimental towards the Nigerian government as it is against us. With all the money being doled out to politicians (imagine a Nigerian senator who probably has just secondary school education, earning way more than Barrack Obama), the country can’t provide constant power supply, fuel for the love of God!, free education etc. Like someone stated earlier, it really is our fault. Corruption is ingrained in most of us. You see it everywhere even in the smallest of organizations – private or public- it’s always about “pesin know pesin”. And some of us wonder why people that leave don’t want to come back. What’s there to return to? Mscheww! @ Rolly, I disagree with you, Nigeria is an embarrassment EVERYTIME. Try discussing with nationals of other countries about any topic that involves our government and watch their eyes widen with disbelieve and surprise at how a country can be so blessed and yet have more than 60% of it’s population living below the poverty line. *phew! Lemme save my batt abeg since PHCN has failed.
    Happy Sunday y’all. @BN, biko, post this.

33. Mazi

May 24, 2015 at 11:31 am

GEJ – Villain -Hero back to Villain! He always forgets he’s still the president. If he hadn’t called Buhari when he did, I’m sure we would have kicked him off by now. Arrant nonsense!

34. ari

May 24, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Wait until you hear about hospitals shutting down on Tuesday.
    A govt that is borrowing to pay salaries is the same one you want to pay subsidy?
    Th nation is close to bankruptcy.

35. tutu

May 24, 2015 at 5:29 pm

What madness! And to think the “leaders”aren’t addressing this issue !!
    How can a nation be so rich yet so damn poor!!…
    Leaders ma foot!!
    Why aren’t people .making peaceful protests? Where are the youth?. The majority of them licking the asses of the corrupt leadres!! Sickening I say!

• Mike USA

May 30, 2015 at 11:21 am

The youth is the only way to push out corrution. They will learn from the mistakes made by the forfothers and sadly within one or two generations. It will not be an overnight event. Too much has been taken from the people that most are afraid to stand up to the wrong do’ers! If they only knew the shear numbers that wish to have it all working as it all should. Peacefully and in harmony with the rest of the world. Mending the pockets that have the holes in then will take time.

36. tee

May 25, 2015 at 5:26 am

On the brighter side, at least there’d be less traffic now. Lol!

37. prince

May 25, 2015 at 10:52 am

How did we get to this place. How? Presently, Nigeria is on Standby. nothing is moving and there’s a president in this country, jumping all over the churches for thanksgiving. What is he thanking God for? No wahala.

38. Jhennique

May 25, 2015 at 3:03 pm

I sha know things wont get worse than it already is.

39. Mike USA

May 30, 2015 at 11:42 am

This effect people like me in other parts of the world too. Being, well trying to be a host to a fellow Nigerian takes a lot of time and effort to accomplish besides the huge amounts of money just to board a plane to visit another country that once the visiting Nigerian is given everything he or she needs while visitation takes place. To have this chance to learn about another way of life as so the host learn of the visiting person, this is one thing that is so dissapointing to both sides. As well knowing what had been needed now will end up being more and continue to stop this great exchange take place. This just one of meany im sure. Sorry to hear such a thing as, where did all that money go that the good people of your land go if they already paid for it? Middle man? Who has the hole in their pock? Lose pants need to be changed for some without holes in them so this can heal. But there should be a limit to something like shutting down a entire country like this. Sting a lot maybe but don’t kill it!