Style

Dencia Reacts to Comments about her 2015 BMA Outfit, Says ‘Grandma Raised a Strong Soul’

Dencia (3)When Dencia stepped out for the 2015 Billboard Music Awards a lot of people were surprised with her outfit and quite a number of people had something to say about it.

In a post on Instagram, Dencia has reacted to those comments.

She wrote:

So wait,u took ur hard earned money, paid for these images on Getty to talk sh!t? lmao ..thank u guys tho at least u hated & I got it 4 free from u!! At least something + always comes outa something – ..#WestAfrican #CandyCrush #AfricanEnergy #billboardmusicawards .. @beautybybeyina & I have been cracking up at the comments, y’all funny AF, serious comedy but hey I was raised by the Army so I am Invincible #GrandPaRaisedAGeneral #GrandMaRaisedAStrongSoul ..You don’t want my clapbacks cuz they hit u right where it hurts & alotta u are already depressed & suicidal so I’ll let y’all have fun & make me laugh.God Is Love ..#WorldpeaceAndLove & I am loving the human organs on my outfit.

She also had an exchange with an international entertainment and gossip blog who put up her photo on their Instagram page as well as their website.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1. Chizzy

May 19, 2015 at 9:20 am

Babe needs brighter grammar!

2. U C

May 19, 2015 at 9:24 am

Hahahahahahahahahaha @feelings been surgically removed.
    Same way she bleached her dark skin.
    Nonsense

3. Naked

May 19, 2015 at 9:30 am

Yeah right.. Momma raised a strong soul, but I’m certain she never included bleaching of skin and dressing like a Yaba left patient in her lessons while bringing you up.

4. bimpe

May 19, 2015 at 9:34 am

She undoubtedly knew she would be getting criticism and insult as well as attention for wearing that outfit but she still wore it. Regardless of what she says or does. She knew what she was getting herself into. So please lets on move on, shes shouldnt a topic of discussion.

5. bruno FIERCE

May 19, 2015 at 9:40 am

dencia, YOU ARE A TROLL

6. Anon

May 19, 2015 at 9:42 am

She sure loves the attention. This is exactly what Dencia wants and likes.

“I don’t remember meeting you several times…” LMFAO!

7. nonye

May 19, 2015 at 9:49 am

Dencia knew the outfit would attract attention so she was definitely prepared to “come back” at anyone who “came” for her. The question is… was necolebitchie’s analysis really that critical or insulting? I don’t think so. The outfit Dencia wore is very reminiscent of Nicki’s Pink Friday days; and until Dencia took off that visor it would have be easy for anyone to mistake her for Nicki seeing that the outfit was similar to a style of Nicki’s that we are familiar with but we thought Nicki had moved on from. Hence the use of the word “regressive”. That wasn’t insulting to Dencia’s person in anyway. Fashion can sometimes be regressive – many trends have come and gone and come back again. Dencia, word-to-the-wise, find the balance between being a strong individual and being confrontational without cause. It would be a shame if your attitude sets back your career just as it has for some very talented artistes like Azealia Banks and K Michelle.

8. Amy

May 19, 2015 at 10:52 am

Famzing gone terribly wrong @ “I don’t recall meeting you several times”. The wind has blown and the nyash of the fowl has been exposed. Dencia knew what she was going for when she wore the outfit, now she’s loving the attention

9. Dom

May 19, 2015 at 11:13 am

This girl though… she is dying for attention.

10. Fatyma

May 19, 2015 at 12:02 pm

How exactly is she famous again?

11. Doreen

May 19, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Dencia needs to take several seats and some chill pills! You dont have to respond to every comment that comes to you. She sounds like she is looking for cheap publicity!!

12. nene

May 19, 2015 at 2:06 pm

ode ni e. lost soul.

13. Bliss

May 19, 2015 at 4:13 pm

I love me some Dencia!! Haahhahahhahha the bish got brain for daaaaaaays!! My darling, you are right. The only way to survive in this bitter world is to have your feelings/emotions surgically removed. Literally!! Hahhahahaha my dear, go collect your cash. Sales just went out the roof. Free publicity. These chicks don’t get it. I love me some marketing!! #business

• amy

May 19, 2015 at 7:47 pm

HI DENCIA!

14. Luchy

May 19, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Wow must she respond to critics??? That’s what they do! She needs to read up on real celebrities smdh