Style

BN Pick Your Fave: Stephanie Coker & Beyoncé in FnR

BN-Pick-Your-FaveWhen Beyoncé first rocked this FnR piece by Nigerian Tope Abiola a few weeks ago (click here if you missed it) and it created quite an excitement.

Beyoncé wore the free-flowing floral piece on her Anniversary trip to Hawaii recently.

Beyonce-Pictures-From-Hawaii-Vacation-2015 image47 Beyonce-Shares-More-Sizzling-Photos-From-Hawaiian-Vacation

Media personality Stephanie Coker has also been spotted in the free-flowing floral piece while on vacation in Miami.

Capture Capture1

Who do you think wore it better?

Photo Credit: Instagram/stephaniecoker | @topefnr

1. honeymix...

May 19, 2015 at 9:31 am

Stephanie Coker.

2. bruno FIERCE

May 19, 2015 at 9:33 am

we all know this attention seeker stephani cooker wore that particular dress just so she can be on the “who wore it best” segment with beyonce.

girl, u are seeking attention. to even compare u to beyonce is an insult to beyonce.

stephani cooker get lost u attention seeker.

3. tybay

May 19, 2015 at 9:40 am

I would have easily said Bey, but her pictures aren’t clear enough which i think is deliberate. But then, why did Stephanie have to use a similar backdrop when taking her pic? That is another deliberate move. Anyway, they both look nice…

4. Nike

May 19, 2015 at 9:56 am

This dress is as random as it gets tbh. Queen bey wins this round easily!
    Meanwhile, any close friend of tope in the house needs to let her know her attitude needs checking. She treats one like she’s doing you a favour. For someone that gets to deal with different type of people, she needs to cool it down.

• temi

May 19, 2015 at 10:32 am

omg I just commented on this below and came and saw your comment too. Thank God I am not the only one.

• Yemi

May 19, 2015 at 11:07 am

She is too rude, abeg.

5. jwest

May 19, 2015 at 10:20 am

Beyoncé!!!!

6. temi

May 19, 2015 at 10:22 am

Tope Abiola has awful customer service. Anyway I prefer Steph’s look. ordered from her once and that was it, never again. and even when I insisted on coming to her shop to fit it, she kept insisting I don’t and in a very rude way too, telling me how she never makes mistakes blah blah. She is way too overpriced anyway. 20k for oleku iro and buba for what?

• yinkus

May 19, 2015 at 10:59 am

lmaoo she’s sooo rude, she once told me she’ll leave my clothes with her gateman if I doth come pick them up on time, oh and also her shop is like a tiny basement in someone’s house, probably why she doesn’t want you to see it. I hope she has changed sha…..she had absolutely no manners, ridiculous.

Definitely not going back there, when there’s toju foyeh and aprilbykumbi who are infinitely better designers (not glorified tailors) and so lovely and polite. Perhaps tope should take lessons from them

• yinkus

May 19, 2015 at 11:01 am

dont*

• temi

May 19, 2015 at 11:58 am

So true, people don’t get that GOOD customer service is EVERYTHING! Like I said, have no business using her anymore. Thing is people with that sorta attitude don’t go very far eventually. I know from her instagram and all, she does all the preaching and godly brouhaha but really, her attitude is far away from godly. There are much nicer and polite real designers out there like you said, Toju, kunbi n co. and a few others with better manners too doing the same oleku designs for less than half her price. In the end, she got my black buba all wrong despite her bragging about being the best.

7. Why

May 19, 2015 at 11:09 am

Beyonce.

8. yinkus

May 19, 2015 at 11:13 am

Why did you guys delete my comment?! TopeFnr is rude af. It’s better for you guys to let her read it!
    With that her basement of a shop! She needs to change.

9. Blossom

May 19, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Wow. So many complaints about her attitude. How true is this? Anyone out there have a positive testimonial of her behaviour?

• Isabella

May 19, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Funny enough, the first time i spoke to her on the phone, she wasn’t necessarily rude, just sounded like I was wasting her time a bit, but when i saw her she was a lot nicer, maybe because i came in a mercedes, at least that’s what my friends seem to think (she wasn’t very nice to them and they went in a kia) lol

10. Amina

May 19, 2015 at 3:04 pm

If you know Stephanie Coker well, you’ll know she is a huge Beyonce fan. I don’t see anything wrong & Btw, they both rocked it well. Pictures not clear enough for who did better.

11. Abcdefg

May 19, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Tope is great at what she does. Being nice isn’t her strong point but I think she is working on it/improving. She needs to treat people better and be humble . She also needs to work on her tone and listen to the client carefully-don’t make the dress shorter than they ask or make a dress show more skin than they ask . Overall, I will reiterate she has good work ethic and delivers quality almost every time compared to most-if she says she can, she will!

12. Aweriawhen

May 19, 2015 at 3:31 pm

My country people @yinkus and @temi, yes she might have an attitude but I believe you should tell her to her face and move on. See the way you are spoiling her name and brand on BN. We are not all perfect and working on ourselves in different ways. I believe if you called her out privately on this after her rude behaviour, you might have gotten a good reason why she was rude although that’s not an excuse. It is absolutely unfair to remember me for the bad I have done rather than the good I try to do and do from time to time. Tailoring/fashion design is not beans. As per her price, do you think the money you pay is truly worth the time and effort put into an outfit? I don’t think so. If she has a shop then she pays rent yearly or monthly. If she has employees then she should pay them monthly how else do you expect her to do all this if she does not include a fraction of this cost into your bill? Please let’s learn to correct one another in love.

• NaijaPikin

May 19, 2015 at 11:07 pm

I disagree. If you don’t want to be remembered for the bad, then don’t do bad.

When you are in a service business, customer service is key. That is what brings return customers. So it is her duty to be professional and respectful to her clients, as well as teach her workers to be respectful and professional. If not she will have to deal with the consequences.

Please don’t make excuses for poor customer service. It doesn’t help the business. Now if you have had exceptional service with her, you can state it here. It makes independents like us know how to balance the reviews.

• Lolade Kareem

June 6, 2015 at 11:12 am

Why on earth should they go and tell her to her face? They are not her friends – they do not owe her anything. (Someone who has been known to fight in public sef – they should now be telling her about herself face to face?? ….yeah right) If they chose to voice their opinion of her on BN, that is their prerogative. It’s not a coincidence that there are so many reports about her attitude. She is generally not a pleasant person on the surface. I believe she is working on it though so no need to crucify her.

Bella, don’t delete my comment please. It’s a fair comment.

13. Favour

May 19, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Tbh, Tope actually doesn’t have great customer service (and she probably knows this?). I did send her a mail about a wedding i needed dresses for and she didn’t reply. Perhaps, she was thinking my budget was too little for her or what? At least, courtesy demands she replies saying she can’t cater to my needs. I had huge respect for her until that incidence. Funny enough, I ended up spending over twice the amount i told her was my initial budget cause someone else made me see reason to do that. Too bad; she lost my money and my future patronage as well and probably that of my friends too cause i wouldn’t recommend her to anyone.
    This just goes to explain how important customer service is. It could make or break your business!

14. NaijaPikin

May 19, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Someone needs to start a review site for naija businesses. Perhaps that will have them wake up. If indeed she’s this rude, it’ll be good for her to know the perception out there so she can change before the damage is beyond repairable.

15. Ana

May 19, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I prefer beyonce for one reason ,in her pics she look as if she doesn’t take herself too seriously unlike my naija girl who has to be fierce forever…

16. OMG

May 19, 2015 at 9:57 pm

OMG……..This is so shocking, I see this girl on instagram and she seems like her business is thriving? Where is all this negativity coming from.? I was thinking of using her, but you guys have put me off. I think its good that reviews are given in a constructive way using the appropriate channels…. However, putting her on blast on BN is in my opinion just hating if not simply cruel.? Instead of you to commend her in getting her dress on one of the biggest celebrities on earth? Being happy that an a YOUNG Nigerian has achieved that from her basement! I am a retailer myself, new to the game…but i salute her hustle. She did not use her fathers money to get her dress on beyonce. Like some of the others mentioned here. SIMPLE.

• Babe

May 20, 2015 at 5:51 am

As far as I can remember, people commended her on the post where BN celebrated her. That she has bad customer service is another matter entirely. You sound like you know her personally so maybe you can lend a word of advice. Instagram is mostly not real.. People put up a show to develop certain perceptions about themselves so thats not even a basis. I like that Nigerians are now speaking out about customer service because if you judge by IG every retailer is perfect but as we all know it is all “wash”.

17. Blossom

May 20, 2015 at 12:16 am

This isn’t the first time I’m hearing about her having an attitude though. If it’s true, she might serve herself well if she finds a way to separate her business from her personality. She seems hard working. It will be a shame to have something as basic as manners come in the way of true success. I hope she overcomes it somehow. Good luck, Tope.

18. tybay

May 20, 2015 at 2:07 pm

*Sigh* I don’t know Tope personally, but I think she’s getting too much flak here (In another story, that’s how Wana Sambo was the butt of BN Commenter’s jokes for a long time, but not so much is said about her again). Why not also channel your complaints via Instagram or other medium where you’re sure she will see it.

The girl has achieved something by having her design worn by a celebrity of high repute. If she gets to read this though, or someone who knows her personally does, then she should try to work on her perceived flaws.

No one is perfect but this could be a learning curve for her. Aside from that, lets try to applaud peoples success when they come.

19. Jade

May 29, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Steph’s dress suits ha perfectly lyk Beyonce, u guys shld learn to c d truth ….jux bey is a more popular star doesn’t mk d dress suit ha