Music

DJ Cuppy Takes NYC in New Photos | Anuel Modebe Photography

imageDJ Cuppy sure knows how to keep things interesting!

Interning at Roc Nation, enjoying a NY education experience at NYU and balancing that with her DJing; Florence ‘DJ Cuppy’ Otedola is definitely on a mission.

While in New York recently she was photographed by Anuel Modebe as his photos take us into the life of a typical day as DJ Cuppy.

Check out the photos below.

image image image image image image image image

1. A Real Nigerian

May 27, 2015 at 9:29 am

This young woman’s electronic dance music is much better than the recycled garbage other Nigerian artists keep producing.
    I hope she stays on track, she could be our very own Skrillex, Calvin Harris or Deadmau5!

• SMH

May 27, 2015 at 11:28 am

Quite interesting that this post received no criticism from you unlike the meaningful ones you’re always trying so hard to condemn smh
      Anyway Cuppy is a pretty girl, I think I prefer her in those signature dresses though. Cute shoot

• A Real Nigerian

May 27, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Meaningful to you. Meaningless, unexciting and low-grade to me.
      I say what I want, all the BN crybabies whining and moaning because they don’t agree with my view of things aint gonna stop me.

2. brown-ice

May 27, 2015 at 10:16 am

She’s looking very lovely. Thank Goodness she CHANGED her hairstyle! Is she or her father APC members? Happy Demo in advance to everyone!n

3. me

May 27, 2015 at 11:17 am

Never heard her music but I’m happy to hear its good

4. Ebony

May 27, 2015 at 11:30 am

BN what’s with you guys and DJ Cuppy?
    Or rather Adesola Ade-Unuigbe why you obsessed with DJ Cuppy?

5. Sugar24

May 27, 2015 at 11:36 am

I have so much respect for her, she’s really changing the game!

• Dee

May 27, 2015 at 1:30 pm

But why comment under 2 names? You’re also Ejay below aren’t you?
      Have some blog etiquette.

6. Ejay

May 27, 2015 at 11:40 am

I’ve never seen a female DJ dress so pretty. I like it.

7. Chika

May 27, 2015 at 12:13 pm

For some weird reason, i think i now get why Cuppy always has on that signature ponytail, i am positive that it has to do with her head set when she is djing. Hair all over can get in the way of putting on the headphones and taking it off and in the process her hair can get rough and all that, if its a wig and not properly put on, it can even fall off. LOL. All in all i respect her, i heard she killed her set at the university Abuja show yesterday, my friends went on and on about her performance, i wish i was there cos i have never heard her Dj before. I heard people were just sitting down through out and when she got on she said everyone must come out and dance, she literally tuned that show into a rave ground. Love that. Go on with your fine self madam, but please share fuel for us if you have ooooo. Lol

• Idomagirl

May 27, 2015 at 2:53 pm

That actually makes sense. The hair part.

8. bee

May 27, 2015 at 12:25 pm

haha Real Nigerian trying to be a bruno?

9. onetallgirl

May 27, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I like how she finally changed her hairstyle, almost didn’t recognize her! I doubt that she is at NYU anymore, you cant travel as much as she does and still keep doing a masters at NYU.

10. Priscy

May 27, 2015 at 2:11 pm

SHe is one fine girl working hard even tho her papa get plenty plenty owo

11. molarah

May 27, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I know it’s just me, but I thought this post was the perfect opportunity to congratulate this chic on her ability to “ball” around the world as her father and his oil cronies shut Nigeria down and make the lives of common Nigerians unbearable with their oil marketer palaver. Or maybe such “congratulatory’ comments have come in and have been blocked. Maybe mine will be too (shrugs)

• Reverse

May 27, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Preach biko… I’m surprised BN posted your comment.

12. Idomagirl

May 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I just like this girl. 🙂

13. brownchocolate

May 27, 2015 at 3:39 pm

I love me some DJ CUppy!

14. LabyCece

May 27, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Omg! wow…I love her hair like this. She looks amazing.

15. TrueBelle

May 27, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I met her once, she was so lovely. People think she’s not down to earth but it’s not true, when I met her she was really cool, I was surprised!

16. me

May 27, 2015 at 10:08 pm

not to rain on her parade but come off it with all the she works so hard stories, how hard could she have worked when her father has cleaned nigeria out to make the best life for his own kids, theres no started from the bottom now we here story bout her and im not saying every artist must have that but please take a chill pill she has the money and connections to be anything she wants to be… there millions of talents roaming the streets of lagos but because money no dey, they cant fly off the ground.
    big ups to you dj cuppy. your dream was already paid for

17. minnie

May 28, 2015 at 7:39 am

I like her!!Even thou her father is a millionaira, she is not sitting her behind down doing nothing, infact,she is creating an impact in the entertainment industry.

18. EbonyB

May 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I always love her headphones! They look so cool!

19. Marvin