News

Ambode Declares Tolls Will No Longer be Collected at 2nd Toll Point on Lekki-Epe Expressway

BellaNaija.com

Ambode Official BN

Lagos State governor Akinwunmi Ambode has declared that tolls will no longer be collected at the second toll point on the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

Ambode announced the news during an interactive session with journalists in Lagos on Sunday, Punch reports.

He further stated:

“We must start thinking of the future concerning that road. We said we will have an International Airport in Epe, and an Export Processing Zone in Lekki and a Deep Seaport also in Lekki.

Should we not start thinking about how we will improve and create a 10-lane road between Ikorodu, Itoikin, Epe and Ijebu Ode so that people can go out from there? There is no point constructing the road, paying tolls and in five years’ time, the road is gone.”

1. Thatgidigirl

June 22, 2015 at 11:02 am

ambo ooo ambo eko sese bere ni o ambo…..

2. Berry Dakara

June 22, 2015 at 11:22 am

But tolls aren’t collected at the second toll gate so what’s he on about “no longer”?

Does he mean tolls will never be collected?

• FasholasLover

June 22, 2015 at 12:19 pm

That is a politician for you. Speak in tongues and get the people confused.

• Cynical

June 22, 2015 at 4:25 pm

@Berry Dakara,My dear,I was shocked o.i live @ chevron and I know for a fact that no tolls are collected at the 2nd toll gate.,something about a lawsuit from Chevron cos they did the road.Y is he trying to pretend like he has done something?? Smh,these politicians are all cut from the same cloth. He should cancel collection at the first toll if he really wants to do something.

3. Iris

June 22, 2015 at 11:41 am

I don’t completely understand what he’s saying. What has stopping the toll on one roaf got to do with constructing the other? He wants to build the connecting Ikorodu road and collect toll for that instead or what? I hope the Lekki expressway will continue to be maintained though.

4. P!e

June 22, 2015 at 11:41 am

Was anyone paying toll there before?

5. Sandi

June 22, 2015 at 11:52 am

I always thought it wasn’t collected on the second one anyway, or is there another second one I don’t know?

6. red

June 22, 2015 at 1:08 pm

that’s why i love my nigerians, una get sense die..lol. nobody can come and bamboozle anybody. toll at 2nd gate???
    but i say Yes to the airport at Epe. i hope it comes to pass b4 the end of his tenure.

7. me

June 22, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Ambo no take lie give us. Toll has never been collected there.

8. oluchye

June 22, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Lagos state govt. had issues with chevron people cos of the bypass road. The road was built by chevron people so they refuse to grant them the road. That toll there does not make any sense. we are waiting for you to perform your agenda.

9. www.thelmathinks.com

June 22, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Ambode what are you on about? Tolls have never been collected and a few days ago I was tempted to ask the person inside the (cubicle) the actual idea behind making people stop and then go. I guess those are the ones I feel sorry for, because soon they’ll be out of work, except the government has other plans for them… Ambode please before you build your airport and your export thingy, create more roads in that axis, build a couple of bridges! Imagine everyone from Epe, Ajah, VGC, Ikota, Chevron Lekki, Igbo Efon, Agungi, Jakande, Osapa and everywhere up to Lekki 1 plying just one road to get to VI or the mainland! It’s almost murderous and could shorten a person’s life span! My former colleague gets home (after Ajah) around 11pm, and leaves as early as 4.30am for work in Lekki 1. Is that life? Now you people have allowed them come and build shop rite or whatever around Jakande! Please they should stop acting like they care about the lives and welfare of the people.

• Berry Dakara

June 22, 2015 at 4:39 pm

*standing ovation*

That Shoprite they’re building, enh! I feel sorry for us.

10. peyton

June 22, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Ambode toll was never collected there before nau so what are you saying?? we are more interested in when the toll at the 1st gate will be removed. Dont be deceitful its no secret that you have not been collecting toll fees because of the ongoing suit between Lagos State and Chevron.

11. Ella

June 22, 2015 at 3:18 pm

lozzzz my Lagos people I trust una jor!Cos I kept wondering what his excellency was talking about?So my question is should we expect them to continue d road to Épé? Cos it’s really something that needs their urgent attention as there is mass construction ,development & migration towards that area and the road is not in a good shape @all……once a vehicle breaks down on that road the road is on total lock down .So uncle Ambo,I hope what u are saying is that that road construction that stop by Abraham Adesanya just before election will continue ooo?I dey beg you ooo.

12. Tolu

June 22, 2015 at 8:37 pm

This is ridiculous or maybe he wanted to say the first toll gate.

13. red

June 23, 2015 at 10:03 am

LOL

14. GodFather

June 26, 2015 at 10:41 am

Please dont blame ambode as heis still teen in the game. This 2nd toll he was talking about has never tolled before. Tolling the 1st toll gate is a good revenue but my concern is the traffic solution and where the money are going. Ambode should make more link roads with no toll for many usage. May God allow him to do this as they know it will the sales of the one with toll. Imagine how much making daily accirding the statistics 600,000 cars and 120,000 bikes daily. Pick you calculator to estimate the daily income….God will save our soul from all this stealing by trick.