Style

BN Bridal Beauty: The Natural Beauté | Dionne Smith

Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015010

Hey Naturalistas – here’s something just for you!

Your wedding day is a special time that calls for the very best – and in order to look your very best, hairstylist Dionne Smith and some talented individuals – makeup artist Joy Adenuga, photographer Adebayo Deru, stylist Ihunna Eberendu and wedding dresses by Yemi Kosibah – are giving you hair inspiration for your big day.

The looks are quite simple but come with an edge that will make you the centre of attention.

Check them out below:

Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015001 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015002 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015003 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015009 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015004 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015011 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015012 Dionne Smith Natural Hair Bride Inspiration - Bellanaija - June2015013

Photo Credit:
Photography: Adebayo Deru (Website: www.adebayoderu.com | Instagram: @AdebayoDeru)
Hair: Dionne Smith (Website: www.dionnesmith.com | Instagram: @DionneSmithHair)
Makeup: Joy Adenuga (Website: www.bridesbyjoy.com | Instagram: @JoyAdenugamua)
Styling: Ihunna Eberendu (Website: www.ithestylist.com | Instagram: @IhunnaMatata)
Wedding Dress: Yemi Kosibah (Website: www.kosibah.co.uk | Instagram: @YemiKosibah)
Models:Sandra Nakawunde

1. JustAgirl

June 16, 2015 at 11:24 am

Choi! The brows are a NO NO for me, not especially for a wedding?! Nah!

2. Tkum

June 16, 2015 at 11:38 am

the babe is foiiine…very!

3. Theresa

June 16, 2015 at 11:53 am

Beautiful natural hair!!! Black is truly beautiful!!!
    Thank you for reminding us that natural hair is amazingly versatile and can be gorgeous if we know how to take care of it. There’s hope for the modern black woman suffering from identity crisis. Thank you.

4. Mystique

June 16, 2015 at 11:56 am

the brows are way too heavy……….

5. Margie

June 16, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Lovely and flawless work!

6. Ibinabo

June 16, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Please, how do they survive this natural hair “regime”? I can even comb my hair properly when it’s 2 months due…

• papermoon

June 16, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. spray your hair any time you want to comb it and there!!!

• Onetallgirl

June 16, 2015 at 1:45 pm

You have to be patient with my hair, make out time and comb your hair. Spray it with water, then put hair cream then comb it.

• Onetallgirl

June 16, 2015 at 1:46 pm

*your

• gbemisola

June 18, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Hi Ibinabo, Natural hair is healthy, but it depends on your hair texture, 1st know your hair-thick and harsh, scanty and rough/harsh, soft and scanty, full and soft…. you always need to oil it, not as expensive as people call all hair products. shear butter and water will do the magic. if you want to get hair products the you to choose which soothes your hair and makes it shine and healthy

7. Ibinabo

June 16, 2015 at 12:35 pm

can’t

• ATL'S finest

June 17, 2015 at 10:04 pm

@ Ibinabo lol it’s DO-ABLE!!!! Natural hair products helps a lot. Coconut oil, Castro oil, olive oil, let it sit in there for some time. I have been nature for about four years and in loving every bit of it. If u can get it to where its soft it wouldn’t hurt. Mine grew back so fast & it’s comable without water spray etc..

8. ACE

June 16, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Love them all… Wow!

9. dobzi

June 16, 2015 at 12:51 pm

10. Onetallgirl

June 16, 2015 at 1:48 pm

The model is stunning! Chei If I wear this hair style on my wedding day, how can I prevent it from being fizzy

11. Ms_oyinkansola

June 16, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I don’t like joy adenuga’s eyebrow execution .noticed it from the first post sometym back. beautiful lady.lovely hairstyles

12. ardnas

June 16, 2015 at 4:33 pm

these hairstyles are sincerely beautiful, especially the third one, its quite lovely and different from what we are used to seeing in recent time for bridal hairdo which makes use of lots of extensions and hair stretching, on the other hand shaa, the make up is a no for me, and the eyebrow sef na wa..anyways una try. i shall kindly thief and keep the pictures…waiting for the right brother make we walk down the aisle.

13. Berry Dakara

June 16, 2015 at 5:52 pm

GORGEOUSNESS!

14. Kamer sista

June 16, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Today, on my way to work, I noticed that the few black women (I live in France…) that I met all worn YOUTUBE videos makeup. It was SCARY and HIDEOUS.
    I understood what my mother was talking about few weeks ago when she warned me about my makeup routine that she found too heavy for her liking.
    I looked around, and Caucasian women worn more simple makeup, if any, and turns up looking more classy.
    I sadly realized how we (black women), were trained to sabotage our natural beauty.
    Don’t get me wrong, I am ALL FOR MAKEUP. I love it! But I think that we really need to apply the idiom which says “less is more”. Something that can really enhance our features should not ends up DESTROYING them.
    These hairstyles are BEAUTIFUL, the model is even more BEAUTIFUL, but the make up is THE BIGGEST NO I can give: this BEAUTIFUL woman looks angry, wicked, pretentious, with one can wonder how is the skin under these layers of foundation…her BEAUTY is almost frightening at the end…She doesn’t look real or HUMAN.

• Tosin

June 17, 2015 at 8:38 am

Honest.
      often, beauty + make-up = ridiculous

15. Chacha

June 17, 2015 at 12:25 pm

TOO ARTIFICIAL

16. Ada

June 17, 2015 at 7:39 pm

My goodness! what am I reading? Am I the only one that clocked that this is not a ”Real bride” but just a photoshoot!!!! I have gone to Joy’s wedding website, and all her ”Real bride’s” have beautiful brows. This is why Editorial Makeup does not thrive in the Nigerian Market. My wedding makeup artist practically shaved off all my brows to do the instagram eyebrows as she feared a backlash on instagram if she worked with my natural thick brows.
    How can someone call this beautiful young lady angry, pretentious etc over a photoshoot???
    I know people that had Joy Adenuga do their wedding makeup and they have nothing but praises on her work. Na wa..

17. Ebony

June 22, 2015 at 4:23 pm

I want to eat her hair! Yum!
    Nigerian MUA and their strange brows. I’m yet to see one that does a perfect brow to suit my taste. You’ll love most of their work but the brows