Career

Comedienne Chigul is Back with Ngozi on The Ngee Show | Discussing ‘Staying In Your Talent Lane’

BellaNaija.com

We love Chigul‘s energy and humour! So, when we found out she was back as a guest on The Ngee Show, we knew we had to share.

On this episode, Ngozi talks about staying in your talent lane; paraphrased by Chigul as ‘Maintain your champion’.

Here’s what Ngozi says:  Now I believe each of us what put on earth for a purpose and with one talent or the other. When you decide to copy someone else’s at least do it well…I mean it only makes sense.

Part I

Part II

1. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

June 25, 2015 at 2:12 pm

BN NAU, THIS IS LAST WEEKS OWN. THOUGHT IT WAS A NEW ONE. BOBBLE BURSTER…….TOO EARLY. :*

2. le coco

June 25, 2015 at 2:13 pm

the love i have for ngee ehhn.. no be here… to me this is what a vlog should be.. everytime i watch i jst laugh so hard…. nd she really makes sense… as for chigul.. correct babe…

3. lol

June 25, 2015 at 2:22 pm

The look on chi gurl’s face. :()

• tunmi

June 25, 2015 at 4:14 pm

lmaooooo I swear, that look alone got me laughing. And I haven’t even started watching the video

4. Idomagirl

June 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I’m on the floor. Chigul ooooooooooooo ????????

5. Niola

June 25, 2015 at 2:48 pm

LOL! That MUA word, Just this afternoon I was like how will i keep up with these acronyms, what does this mean , i will google it after. Now i know…loool..You forgot to add’ i am into hair’……copy cats into saturated businesses. Good idea for us to think outside the box…

6. Grace

June 25, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I love Chigurl 🙂

7. Adaeze Writes

June 25, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Hahahahahaha…very true!

8. T

June 25, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Lmao @ skin dibia. I ve been a victim of these so called #MUA. I looked in d mirror and started looking for tissue and water.

9. Sammy

June 25, 2015 at 3:19 pm

It is not only cupcakes, everyone is into drinks and cocktails now. Shet!!! I tasted one at a birthday party a few weeks ago and thought, ahn ahn, it is not by force now. They forgot to add one more; bloggers. Geez, EVERYBODY is a blogger these days. Especially the “entertainment and lifestyle” bloggers. They should just call themselves copy and plasters. One site even COPIED the look of Bella naija to a tee, before Bella naija came out with a new design. Some copy Linda’s blog, style for style. There is a reason why for years we’ve only had Bella Naija, Linda and SDK. Ladun Liadi is up and coming but even her needs to carve out an identity for herself.
    Now to the food bloggers, I have lost count this year alone. Just because you can cook doesn’t mean you can blog about it. Many cant even cook sef and how many recipes for fried rice and jollof rice do we need again? I blame Instagram for that one. You go to their “blogs” and you are like being there, done that, you have nothing new to tell me about food.
    Then the “style and fashion” bloggers. Odiegwu!!!! I don’t know which one worse pass. “Stylists” or “fashion bloggers” especially those who live in “the abroad”. How many people are you influencing to dress better. just because you can buy clothes, take pictures and go return it, doesn’t make you a fashion blogger. I blame Instagram too. Blogging brings instant fame, but it doesn’t bring instant money, stop wasting your time.
    Then the greatest one is those who run Instagram pages for weddings. Haba. Apart from the top 3, BNweddings, Weddingdigestnaija and Nigerianweddings, the rest I have lost count and they have similar account names too. You see the SAME pictures EVERYWHERE.
    You can quickly tell those who have a passion for what they do and the copiers. The one that makes me feel sad for them is the time and effort they spend chasing other people’s dreams. Time they can use to develop their own talents. You can’t gum body another person’s talent to your own. I enjoyed this episode Ngozi. You and Chigul need to tag team more often.

• Chinma Eke

June 25, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Ok Sammy, you need to be up there with them.

• Enugu baby

June 25, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Nna, lol i feel like ngee and chigul are my friends for real. This just how we gist. HAHHAHAHAHAHA.

• Bisi

June 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm

You should have ended with Drops Mic because you said everything they didnt say.. how many nigerian instagram pages have weddings attached to their account names.. They should continue using their own time and energy to be doing free adverts for make up artists, photographers, aso oke makers and wedding gown/accessories sellers. THAT is the sad part. Collecting and sheeeearing pictures of those who got paid for their services. you will be there doing free marketing for them all in the name of i want to run an instagram page because bella naija has one.. I used to follow the 3 you wrote, i had to unfollow one of them because the content repetition was just too much.

10. Chyoma

June 25, 2015 at 3:53 pm

i wish i could post the emoticon of crying with laughter….Chigul has got me clutching my sides & Ngozi gives as good as she gets!! Ngee hun, Chigul & Wana Wana have got to be your “bestest” guests ever!!

11. Chioma

June 25, 2015 at 5:05 pm

NGEE,yes i have your name in capitals because , you definitely nailed this…. The first item on your list was the first i had on my own list… Chigul is awesome i love your diction,simple yet unique .the switch you make from your comic side to your serious persona is impressive. Thumbs Ladies…..

12. Wale

June 25, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Go Away!!! Your vlog is self serving and DRRRYYYY!

• polypoly

June 25, 2015 at 6:11 pm

tah!!! me shionu dia…..tatafoo!!! much better and much more original than “Wannabe QUEEEN of All Media” Tokstar…..if you don’t know, Ngee is an MBA holder from LSE and works as a senior brand manager at NBL. don’t think she is hustling on youtube, its a passion of hers.

• Abbs Scuito

June 25, 2015 at 7:50 pm

R u one of the MUA’s? Stylists? Musicians? Cupcake makers? Or mixologists? They r talking about…..

13. Alias

June 25, 2015 at 7:30 pm

This was hilarious but thought-provoking. One of her best blogs. If you’re into any craft and you find that the issues in this video make you defensive; it’s time to ask your friends and customers about their honest opinion.

14. Temi Waters

June 25, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Lmao…. i almost passed out laughing. Why am i just finding out about this vlog. Maybe because every tom, dick and harry is becoming a lifestyle or makeup vlogger too. Well very different. I’ll watch more.

15. Marian

June 25, 2015 at 7:59 pm

What do a lot of these MUA’s cupcake makers… have in common? well, a lot of them are college/uni grads who I’m sure achieved that goal through hard work. A lot of these MUAs, event planners, bead makers and caterers are lawyers, accountants, biologists and teachers who after years of trying to find work had to settle for an alternative. I’ve seen so many pleas on another blog where people just want to learn something quick in other to make ends meet. What I’m saying is while I get what Ngozi and Chigul are saying, I also understand why we have this new trend of talents. Try telling someone who hasn’t gotten paid in months and can barely afford to buy food talkless of rent to stop doing mediocre makeup that is bringing in the little change he/she is using for food to stop. Where is the money for more training supposed to come from? Watch YouTube videos with what money to buy data? Maybe one of the big name makeup artist in naija can offer like a free one week training? (not sure if they already do) or one of the big event planning company can also offer to train some people for free.

16. keechi

June 25, 2015 at 9:45 pm

I fell for this MUA own oh. This lady told me she could do makeup so I asked for her services for an event that I was going to and I was gonna be on stage performing. Only for her to use foundation that was 2 or 3 shades lighter than me. And the makeup was done under bright light (very deceptive) so it didn’t look that bad when I looked in the mirror. Only for me to see my ghost face when I took pics with my camera. Mehnnn and it was way too late to remove and do a different one. I had to go to the event like that looking like Casper! I tried to avoid professional pics but that was impossible. Arghh I was so mad! #stayinyourtalentlane

17. whocares

June 25, 2015 at 10:49 pm

LMAOOOOOOO. Pimple presser turned cosmetologist. LOOL. Oh i became a fan of chigul after watching her Tedex talk, and now Ngee show has acquired a new fan o. This was hilarious!!!

18. Peaches77

June 25, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Chiguuul ooooo. Hilarious

19. bn lover

June 26, 2015 at 10:00 am

@bella come ohhhhhhh. Tonto just talk d world she’s pregnant ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. Tosin

June 27, 2015 at 5:22 am

omg, this one go funny wella. na to download and watch. can’t wait.