Music

DJ Cuppy’s Sister, Temi Otedola Graduates from High School

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Temi Otedola 1DJ Cuppy’s younger sister, Temi Otedola has graduated from High School today.

The 19-year-old fashionista shared a photo in her graduation gown on Instagram and captioned ‘I made it! Officially a graduate of The American School London! Uni I’m coming for ya #london #graduate #blogger’

A few days ago she had shared a photo in front of her school, the American School London, and wrote on Instagram ‘See ya High School it’s been real! @leilabenh #officiallydone #london#zara #lanvin’

Temi Otedola

Photo Credit: Instagram/j.t.o

1. cj banky

June 12, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Shes graduating high school at 19 when her mates are already done with grad school

• lana del bae

June 13, 2015 at 10:16 am

e weak me, I’m 18 & finished from uni last year. Dis bish is old biko. Iono y BN just luvs famzing d otedolas 😀

Top Otedola Family Famzers;
      1. Tiwa savage – no contest, her famzn no get pt.2
      2. Bellanaija – every week, nu post on DJ Crappy or fam
      3. Every1 else in Nollywood. Lol, if she throws a small party, every single celeb will turn up hopn 2 meet popsi 😀

• Esosa

June 13, 2015 at 5:40 pm

You are 18 and finished uni? Abeg, return to uni and relearn. Your education has been a waste. If ur brain dey work well, u sabi know she’s not too old at all to finish highschool, she’s in the right age. Matter of fact, nobody is too old to start and finish school.

Education is nothing, if it’s not applied properly.

• bb

June 13, 2015 at 6:41 pm

What Uni did you graduate from? The girl is going to UCL – No 5 university in the world. you think it is your useless covenant university/ your glorified Christian secondary schools masquerading as universities – clown!

• Lobatan

June 13, 2015 at 8:37 pm

In the UK, you Finnish A levels @18. Then you start Uni. So, Biko which Uni u go @lana del bar? Liar Liar pants on fire! God punish poverty. You will find out dat all those criticizing dis girl are from a poor background. Misery loves company. Yeye dey smell.

• Atutupoyoyo

June 14, 2015 at 2:08 am

Lol Biko go back to school. We are the same age and I’m just going to second year at U of T Canada and I get the “geez you’re so young!” Even after I spent one year after graduation from secondary school in Nig doing prelims just to avoid the age issue. She’s not old! Infact she’s just right to start university. A certain level of maturity that would have only come with age would have been established. So you finished uni at 17 abi 18 and then what? This is the problem when you attend secondary school from year 7 to 4th year. In Ontario, you won’t qualify to drink.Nigeria has to address this issue. The issue of double promotions, skipping classes, jumping protocols and due processes.Here class and age are almost inseparable. There are few exceptions of geniuses, very few, and they and their parents must prove beyond doubt to the education/schools’ board that they fall under the genius category.It’s not how fast my dear but how well. Even with a all the graduates we have, Nigerians still imports toothpick, so where is the evidence of the awesome graduation? Bosita jare!

Nigerians are very intelligent set, but this issue of “Rush finish” hasn’t done us any good.
      Congratulations to the graduate. I pray you succeed in your future endeavours. Avoid the classic freshman story of “had I known, I would have read more, eaten less and partied less.” The sky is less than your limit.lol, I’m actually advising a freshman! Being a sophomore feels so good??☺️

• larrymo

August 11, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Abeg make una stop dey beff na dere tym.if na u to hit am lyk dere family u go do pass dis.make u na pray for na own hustle

• Seriously

June 13, 2015 at 12:42 pm

@ c&J banky
      First of all, congrats to the young lady, wish you many more success in life.

That’s very ignorant of you actually stupid. In America, the average age to graduate high school is 18, some 19 depending if they have an early or late birthdate in the year. And there are some unique situations where some graduate at 16, they were probably homeschooled. Honestly, in as much as I admire Nigerians and their pursue of academic success, it also brings out an unhealthy comparison and looking down on each other. Just bcos your child is a grad student at 19 doesn’t make her/him better than another child who is just finishing highschool. Let’s learn to respect one another.

Let’s learn to rejoice, celebrate with those regardless of whether they don’t fit into a certain standard and expectation in our own way.
      As the daughter of a wealthy man, if she announced something else maybe spending her dad’s money posing on social media, these same people will go insulting her why she’s not going to school.

A high school graduate at 19 deserves the same respect as a grad student at 19. Not everyone will go on the same path but as long as they get to where they want to be in life.

• lila

June 13, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Idiotic comment. If you knew anything about Western schooling you would know that In the UK/US systems students finish their A Levels when they are 18. You don’t know when her birthday is so she may just be a few months older than her fellow pupils… smh

2. habibi

June 12, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Isn’t she a bit old to just be finishing high school??? What is the average age of finishing high school in America? It seems my kids will be attending secondary education in the UK if 19 is the normal age I no dey do!

• EnigmaB

June 13, 2015 at 6:13 am

In Western countries especially U.S and Canada, teenagers do graduate from high school at 19/20years. I left high school at 16 back in Naija. Thank God for school age in Naija.

• bisous

June 15, 2015 at 7:40 pm

actually in america, they finish high school at 17 and england 18. She’s a little old to be graduating from high school if we’re being honest.

3. polypoly

June 12, 2015 at 9:08 pm

BN – Please why is this news oh??? Tontoh Dikeh’s brother graduated last year and BN didn’t celebrate. oh, he did not graduate from an American school in the UK. #YourBlogYourWay yeye dey smell……sigh

Daddy is a millionaire and sister is a DJ, means you are a celeb #naijaLogic

• kanichal

June 13, 2015 at 10:13 am

thats nigeria bloggers for you…..putting up irrelevant news

4. Anonymous

June 12, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Where is DJ ‘Crappy’?

• larrymo

August 11, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Ask google

5. Olabisi

June 12, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I always thought cuppy was the only child. Congrats to her.

6. Lea

June 12, 2015 at 9:30 pm

wow I didn’t know she was in high school. These days one can’t even tell! Congrats

7. Jay

June 12, 2015 at 9:40 pm

okwa dis is news! Pls I’m enrolling in a fashion sch, when I graduate I hope you’ll carry my story n also market my handwork.

8. kelechi

June 12, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Comon bellanaija is this news! Nhia! My nephew just graduated from KG to Grade1 oya please where can i send his pic with his parents so you can quickly post……

9. Femi

June 12, 2015 at 10:11 pm

@ 19?
    After spending your teen life bleaching and straffing, why won’t you graduate from high school at 19!

• Fifi

June 13, 2015 at 9:20 am

Haba shes has oyibo blood na her mummy is mixed so i dont think shes bleaching, in yankee isnt high school finished at 18?anyway i dont no y this is news or is she a celeb now? Bella naija dont become ass lickers ooo

• Idomagirl

June 13, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Femi your comment is very stupid.

• Homa

June 13, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Are you really a man? Her face is shining because of the foundation she’s wearing. She may not have had time to reapply powder between the ceremony. Why so bitter???? smh

• Asake

June 13, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Eeeya Femi, I feel so bad for you. Too much bitterness to be carrying around. Pele, It is well with you.

• Kadara

June 13, 2015 at 3:07 pm

@Femi, it will be an insult to mentally challenged people to call you a retard!

10. Mewe

June 12, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Oho… once your father is rich, you make BellaNaija news… odiegwu

• Sunshine

June 13, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Her father is not rich. He is one of the dead beats CBN said is talking about that is owing bans a lot of money . All their names will be exposed in August.

• Adain

June 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm

LMAO can we not always be salty in this place?

11. nene

June 12, 2015 at 11:21 pm

ok na

12. Uju

June 12, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Bella naija o ma se! Can you people stop?

13. Below average

June 13, 2015 at 12:34 am

I have so many questions to ask but this is an achievement so I won’t ruin her moment.

14. fga

June 13, 2015 at 1:07 am

DJ Cuppy posts I understand. She’s a celebrity as far as Nigerian celebrities go these days. This on the other hand I do not. A teenager who just graduated secondary school and authors a fashion blog? Is this revolutionary or are we fawning because she is F.O’s daughter and DJ Cuppy’s sister?

15. EllesarisEllendil

June 13, 2015 at 1:52 am

Is that sweat or oil on her face??

BTW she goes to “The American School In London” there’s just something funny about that to me. She’ll probably go to the French University in Italy next, because you can never be tush enough.

• TK

June 13, 2015 at 8:26 am

American University Nigeria? C’mon use your head now, It simply means they teach the American curriculum.

• EllesarisEllendil

June 13, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Thanks Sherlock, I wouldn’t be able to see the obvious without your erudite help.

• Fifi

June 13, 2015 at 9:24 am

Aunty it means they teach the american curriculum like how u have french school in lagos, or american university in dubai, doesnt mean its a shit school… Dont be ignorant

• Seriously

June 13, 2015 at 1:01 pm

@ ellesarisellendil

And there’s something funny about how dumb you are. There’s American school in Nigeria, can you use your sense now? Oh, u don’t have any.
      In as much as you want to spoil her moment, you end up embarrassing yourself.

Corruption is not Nigeria’s biggest problem bcos the country is made up of the same people commenting here, everyday people. It’s the mindset that is the problem. And you wonder why the high academic achievements that Nigerians boast about is not producing great result in developing themselves as a whole. Nigerians kill each other over, hate each other in their heart bcos one person is succeeding than the other, hate each other bcos they are not succeeding like the person next door. How do you expect such country to grow/develop? Never will. Instead of coming together to bring out the best in one another, they are busy comparing themselves and feeling superior bcos this one is a doctor at 20, the other one is at 40. Their child did this at this age, the other child is too old to achieve this goal.

• EllesarisEllendil

June 13, 2015 at 5:21 pm

A sense of humour get one.

• Adain

June 13, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Really?

16. Diesel

June 13, 2015 at 7:17 am

Don’t be a kill joy, if u can’t be happy 4 her then keep ur comment. how can u make a teenager (19 years old) feel like this, this is how u distroy pples self estimeem making them feel like they’ve not achieve anything in life. After all most of u don’t know her b4 abi she offend una, if u ve issues with her father don’t take it out on her abeg, most of u even have mothers that her into witchcraft sucking blood, or snatching other peoples husband by becoming wife number 2 or more ,did God kill u 4 that?

17. TK

June 13, 2015 at 8:25 am

You guys should jut chill, why you hating on the poor girl! E pele o. She’l get into uni September and graduate at the age of 22. Younger than alot of people still. Now the Nigerian system allows students graduate at the age of 20, oh yaay good for them right? Except they are too young and too easily influenced, they are clueless plus unemployable. I have a friend who finished uni at the age of 20, now she is on Twitter smoking weed daily and I feel bad for her parents. Temi on the other hand is a blogger, maybe an opportuned one (but na she send your father?) she has got wuite alot going for her. Her age isn’t to bad as she would only be a year older than the regular age in the british system. I just can’t deal, a lot of you simply read the title just to come hate on the poor girl, it really isn’t because of her age tho (a lot of people are at uni wayyy older than 19) it is because your life is not as good as hers, and you are jealous! Let that sink in eyin agbaya

• Asake

June 13, 2015 at 2:01 pm

GBAM!!! TK, God bless you. You couldn’t have said it better.

18. Ozoremenaoz

June 13, 2015 at 8:37 am

bravooooooooooooo

19. Ese

June 13, 2015 at 8:42 am

Let’s face it,we will always see this kind of news..That’s just the way it is. She is a billionaire ‘s daughter. No need to kill yourself over it please. It doesn’t do anything for you

20. MC

June 13, 2015 at 9:06 am

Why the shock? Isn’t 18/19 the normal high school graduating age?
    It’s not like the UK where you finish at 16 and go to college/sixth form before uni at 18 (if grades are met)

21. Celeste

June 13, 2015 at 9:32 am

She isn’t too old please and its not how fast but how well. In Nigeria some get into the university @ 16 or less, become easily manipulated and badly influenced that they end up graduating with bad grades. Its better to graduate @ 25 with a good grade than @ 20 or less with a poor grade.

22. Celeste

June 13, 2015 at 10:40 am

She isn’t too old please and its not how fast but how well. In Nigeria some get into the university @ 16 or less, become easily manipulated and badly influenced that they end up graduating with bad grades. Some because they lack the maturity or ability to assimilate their tedious course work well – That’s why even in primary and secondary school, we have our scheme of work/curriculum because we should be learning certain things @ a particular age. As a matter of fact, I find it disturbing that some parents don’t allow their kids finish school properly. Why jump class? Even if you feel your child is brilliant, for me, that’s no excuse for that child not to learn what s/he should @ that particular age/stage. That’s not an excuse for that child not to learn the basics s/he should. Why the rush? Its better to graduate @ 25 with a good grade than @ 20 or less with a poor grade.

23. Onyinye

June 13, 2015 at 11:25 am

Congratulations to her. But in my opinion 19 is too old to graduate high school. At 19 I was in my final year at university. I guess things are different these days.

• Fifi

June 13, 2015 at 1:34 pm

And how did that help you? Becos in england you cant even do masters at 19 unless ofcourse u r a genius,

24. hmm

June 13, 2015 at 1:05 pm

That is incorrect. In the US students graduate around 17/18 which is higher than the average age in 9ja. Btw this girl graduated from a school in the UK Not the US.

25. l

June 13, 2015 at 1:20 pm

why so much negative comments… i honestly don’t understand why commenting if you have nothing positive to write. if she graduates at the age of 23, so???? its how well not how fast!… congrats my dear!!! some people couldn’t even make for their grad day but she did, why don’t we put aside this bitterness and congratulate her!!! if only you guys cld just read your comment , most of you guys sound so bitter!!! my2cent!!!

• kelly

June 13, 2015 at 3:40 pm

exactly..i don’t know why they are just so bitter. Why can’t they just be happy for this young girl that just finished a milestone in her life.. sigh

26. Ani

June 13, 2015 at 1:25 pm

I’m so ashamed with the hate on this girl.. Someone who is way younger than you guys, you take your hands and type hate.
    And so what if she graduated at 19?
    And so what if BN decides to put it on her blog?
    She’s a celebrity by virtue of her status and family take it or leave it .
    BN I think some of these comments shouldn’t be enabled.
    Thank God it’s not stated that she’s a junkie, a. Baby mama, or etc.
    Graduating from school be it primary, secondary, university, masters, etc is something good, and worth celebrating.

27. Sandie

June 13, 2015 at 1:41 pm

I don’t understand all d hating!! People r done with school at different ages biko,it doesn’t make anyone smarter than d other. Like someone else said,she’d get into d university and be done way b4 most of us here. I don’t get d issue,y hate on her cos she’s a rich girl? No one talked about her early achievements…I may be wrong but isn’t she the one who is a CEO and has a blog? How many Nigerians girls have all that in high school? Yes,her dad is rich,and she is making good use of her dad’s money and d good exposure to make good of her life. I was done wit secondary school at 14 but after spending some years trying to enter med school and d incessant strikes afterwards,wit 7 yrs and still not out yet,does it make a diff nw dt I was done @ 14? Ease on d hating please,its unnecessary.

28. jide

June 13, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Nobody graduates high school at 19 in the US except olodos. I finished high school in Boston riight before I turned 18. Graduated with a B.Sc at 22. This one just managed to finish. May not go to college sef. Not that she needs to

• smh

June 13, 2015 at 6:33 pm

so what have you done with your life since you graduated? what was your GPA out of college? the age range of graduation in the US is late 17 – early 19. don’t be feeling too special, see your mouth like olodo.

• kamer girl

June 13, 2015 at 6:48 pm

And why are you proud of yourself like you did something special?
      Personally, by 22, I had successfully completed 2 masters degrees from top french business school and was ready to start my 1st job in Audit in one of the “big 4”.
      BUT I realize that I had the opportunities to do so…Yes, I worked hard, BUT to be fair, the GRACE OF GOD in my life worked HARDER…
      At the end, be grateful for your life, and don’t look down on other…My piece of advice!

• Hello!!

June 13, 2015 at 11:45 pm

With two advanced degrees, you still post meaningless comments on here. Personally and I in one sentence is redundant.

Your comment makes no sense.

Nigerians steady in a hurry to nowhere. All you end up doing is selling Brazilian hair and beauty products!!! ( Nothing wrong with doing business. Just don’t brag about degrees you can’t defend. Shikena!!)

• kamer girl

June 16, 2015 at 9:46 pm

@Hello: Thanks for the correction. I am a french speaker, living in France…And I try to improve my English as much as I can everyday. Never knew that no being fluent in a foreign language was a sign of stupidity. Thanks for your insight ;-). I will continue to try though…As stupid as it can look to you.

• bb

June 13, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I hate ignorance , uni in the UK is 3 years. So she is going to finish at 21. You finished at 22, so who is the olodo, now ? Plus can you compare UCL to the university you graduated from?

29. mamamia

June 13, 2015 at 2:37 pm

What’s the hurry? She doesn’t need to graduate early so she can apply to be a graduate trainee in a bank to earn 80k. 🙂

30. poi

June 13, 2015 at 5:23 pm

maybe if you guys stop all this bitterness maybe God will make your father a billionaire or even a trillionaire… bitterness in the highest level… wonder why your prayers hasn’t been answered, its because of the level of bitterness in most of you guys heart!!! dont go and look for job at least Temi has so many options…. to go to uni or just chill in her fathers mansions…. stupid jobless people!!!! kai!

31. karashika

June 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm

hello haters…. i see you guys… the funny thing is most of this bitter comment are from grown up women who are old enough to be married or have a job but they decided to make Temi’s business their priority!!! she is 19 but already ahead of you guys…. you cant just say congratulations and mind your business. May God deliver you bitter souls because reading all these negative comment is very disturbing!!! all you haters need JESUS!!! Amen!!!

32. BadBellus

June 13, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Hahahaha Nigerians dey HATE. LMAO all of you ppl that are are saying that she is old you that graduated from Ambrose Alli at 13 years with a degree that I can’t even wipe my ass with what have you achieved? The girl got admission to University College London at you’re here saying this ‘Bish is old’ I pity una, a girl who is enjoying life and eating money that most of you can only dream about. The bitterness in some of these comments is astounding. Mehn, poverty can make somebody saltier than Lot’s wife.

33. missatl

June 14, 2015 at 12:37 am

Hahahahaha nothing more for me to add, those for Temi have responded well to all them haters who have nothing going for them…they graduated early yet have nothing to show today .Jide^ you r the biggest olodo, so u graduated at 18 and she 19 kini difference? Looool smh.. all these nigerians that like to rush in life only to crash in the end rubbish. Congrats to Temi! and double congrats on your admission!! infact triple congrats for being a young entrepreneur!!! Blogging has nothing to do with her daddy’s money.

34. Cocodd1

June 14, 2015 at 12:39 am

Women are the the real architects of society.. Ladies and gentlemen especially the ladies,with the negative comments .This is a young girl writing her own history. Can’t we just say well done or be happy for another woman been successful . Just say congrats and watch God open your own door of success as well. You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.

35. who's business

June 14, 2015 at 3:46 am

I graduated from secondary school @16 then gained Admission at 21 with all these strike that affect Nigerian Universities one is not sure of when to Graduate.. So my friends it’s not how far but how well.
    Our prayer should be God should make us achieve our purpose in life, before we return to him for Judgement .
    Otedola’s * daughter might have experienced set back in one way or the other while growing up in school.. SO PLEASE DON’T HATE BUT SHOW LOVE.. IF YOU LIKE GRADUATE AT 10, YOU ARE NOT SURE WHETHER YOU WOULD LIVE UP 50..
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US, FOR HIS WAYS HIS NOT OUR WAYS,HE HAS A PLAN FOR US..

36. Dopeboy

June 14, 2015 at 11:37 am

Most Nigerians always hate ahan what is the big deal if she finished high school at 19, nyone that knows about the western education knows that is about the rite age to graduate as you have attained some sort of maturity unlike what we do here in Nigeria where students go into uni as kids n come out as kids. Guess our education system encourages u 2 go in early cuz of strikes n all sorts dat happen esp in federal uni

37. Oma Oma

June 14, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Congratulations to the babe! Bellanajirians have made my day, I’ve been laughing since I started reading all these comments! !!!!!

38. Tokunbo

June 16, 2015 at 10:47 am

All i see is the OIL on her face haba dem no get blotting paper for UK? Congrats o jare omolomo at least you finished unscatched ( no drug overdose etc… things money bag kids are prone too)