News

Reuben Abati Goes Back to School! See Him at University of Oxford – PHOTOS

BellaNaija.com

Now that former president Goodluck Jonathan is no longer in office, it is inevitable that his staff must move on too.

Former Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Jonathan, Reuben Abati, is doing just that. He took to his Instagram page a few hours ago to announce that he is currently attending University of Oxford in the UK.

He posted the photos below along with captions:

I get tons of positive messages with common questions like “Where are you, What are you doing Dr. Reuben Abati?” I’ve been participating in the Advanced Management and Leadership Programme of the Oxford University’s Said Business School since the 7th of June. I had a great time discussing Nigerian Politics with my boss and former President Jonathan in London over the weekend. Thanks for your encouraging messages and concern. God bless you and #Nigeria. #NewBeginnings #LifelongLearner #StayPosted
Learning Never Ends. A walk on the Oxford University Campus, Said Business School AMLP #dinnertime at Christ Church College #suitandtie #NewBeginnings #LifelongLearner #ontothenextone #StayPosted
Reuben Abati Goes to School Reuben Abati Goes Back to School2 Reuben Abati Goes Back to School3
Photo Credit: Reuben Abati/Instagram

1. Bleed Blue

June 10, 2015 at 10:58 am

Aaaaah! Oxford University!

In 2006, I had the honor of being invited by the British Energy Institute to present the findings of my thesis. Conference was held at St. John’s College in Oxford University.

I say ehn…I see why their alumni have a chip on their shoulder. You cannot learn for years in that environment without developing some superiority complex. The Uni is too cool for school! (pun-star me… 🙂 ).
    Plus even though I’m not keen on the Harry Potter series, it was interesting to see some of the settings they used for Hogwarts.

I just fell hard in love with the school and the city. Vibrant, full of upwardly mobile professionals, extra-quirky vintage stores, clean air, loads of history and culture, the most inviting quaint coffee shops, fantastic road networks that allow for easy cycling, amazing night-life etc.
    Sorry to go on and on, na so the love reach me.
    Heck I should be Oxford’s Tourism Ambassador!

Ok…back to Reuben….nice one… learning is never wasted. All the best and reflect well oh. Hmmmmmm……….

• Derinola

June 10, 2015 at 11:35 am

You are very right about oxford. Lets be clear..abati is just at oxford for a 2 weeks programme. Dont mix that up with people who go there for undergrad or postgrad – big difference hun. no i am not a hater. #justanoxfordalumni 🙂

2. Alice

June 10, 2015 at 11:02 am

ounpe koto move on…..

3. Shopperoflife

June 10, 2015 at 11:53 am

Oxford is it. At half term, My friend took our kids to Oxford Uni so they can get an appreciation of what higher education in a serious environment entail. Also, so they know early on that you do not require “two” heads to go to Oxford but simple hard graft. They had access to some of the classes that were not in full session, spoke to some students, walked around the grounds etc. She simply refused to enter any shop so the kids do not confuse the purpose of the visit with shopping. They had a lovely day and they wouldn’t stop talking about it for days. I will encourage anyone who can to take the day out and do same.

4. nnenne

June 10, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Admirable!
    It’s never too late. Learning is a lifelong experience. Knowledge is rewarding.
    Keep it up sir.

5. ch

June 11, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Anyone can pay to do a course for a few weeks or moths at Oxford, Cambridge, or any other university. It’s just a money thing. Prince William did the same thing at Cambridge

6. Abi

June 22, 2015 at 9:51 am

I hope they teach him how to return some of the poor peoples’ money he and his “oga” looted in Nigeria? It has to be a “crash” course in 2-weeks for hardened criminals like these bunch. Some jail time beyond 2 years perhaps? Divine intervention is needed.

7. Joy

October 19, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Good for him that been the tradition to cool off after helping his boss to cover his gross lack of guts. I will never read any of his contributions in the media again, I hope i have some followers, i was an addent follow of his column while he was in guardian, Money, Position and power has changed the man, I know the wife very well and can confidently say he is one Nigeria that will see black and call it white all because of personal gains.