Style

Tosyn Bucknor is #TeamNatural & She has a 10 Minute Hair Tutorial For You!

Tosyn-Bucknor-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija005

Don’t you just love getting natural hair advice? And what better way to get some than with a popular Naturalista like OAP Tosyn Bucknor!

In a recent vlog on her Youtube channel, the bubbly Top Radio personality is showing us a quick way to get a classy hairstyle in 10 minutes – and all you need are some bobby pins and rubber bands.

Watch!

1. Scared homosapien

June 3, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I did #teamnatural for a year +, to say I suffered was an understatement. The money I spent and energy I wasted would have brought me closer to the millionaire’s list. I decided to start applying my relaxers again. I just kent fit anymore!
    I was delivered! Amen!

• Metrogypsie.Org

June 3, 2015 at 7:21 pm

You just made me laugh so hard. I’ve been natural for 3 years now myself after a full big chop. It’s not easy to maintain, no lies. I have recently moved to the wig life and I am loving it.

In rock cornrows underneath and I can easily wash and deep condition whenever I desire and go back to the wig the next day.

The fact that my hair is coarse doesn’t even help matters so I can’t rock it for more than a week.

Wigs and Braids for the win!

Lovely Tip from Tosin, I’d would use that when I braid next.

Xx

• Jhennique

June 4, 2015 at 10:34 am

lol. maybe you were doing too much and buying too much. I try to tell people its not as hard as all the noise made about it. Im natural too. Keeping it simple is best

2. bunmi

June 3, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Seen

3. Chinemerem Ifeoluwa

June 3, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Nice one. Av been all natural since this year… going back to my weaves.

Visit me at http:// nemerulez.blogspot.com for your positive vibes and lot more.

4. Madame Solange

June 3, 2015 at 8:12 pm

@ Sacred Homosapien just cracked me up really hard
    So I ask are we #teamnatrual people just beautiful or mad? i did an article on this inspired by my sister where she said in Igbo parlance that- “ha di ka ndi ara”. (meaning- they all look like mad people).
    I recently did the Big Chop so i could grow my hair again, but me myself and i know that even though i enjoy the bathing from my crown, the whole matter truly tires me, even though nature gave us this nappy hair.
    I have gone back to wigs and recently have braids on, and my husband truly can’t stand my short hair and natural kolo thingy.
    Hence am back to fancy beauty, ngwanu ndi team natural eku ise. How we for do.

5. fashy

June 4, 2015 at 8:51 am

I hve been on this #teamnatural a yr now, travelled to go see my mum over d weekend, she was like “nnem ishigi ochoro iho dada, biko amam ihe iyirim, meaning my dear do you want to turn ur hair to dread, don’t no what it looks like
    seriously i know i look like a scarecrow so
    I have bought just for me texturizer, straight to d salon dis weekend

• Jhennique

June 4, 2015 at 10:35 am

Why dont you pay me a visit this weekend instead and let me fix u up before you change your mind?

6. nneka

June 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm

@Jhennique: Pls do you have a salon for natural hair? can i visit too? Or is there any good natural hair salon along ajah axis? I did the big chop more than a year ago but its hard finding the right salon.

• Jhennique

June 4, 2015 at 1:51 pm

No I do not have a salon – yet. I do home calls, product procurement and offer consultancy services.

7. TheLadyWithTheAfroLocs

June 4, 2015 at 2:37 pm

@nneka, i am not sure about any natural hair salon along ajah axis, but u can try apples and oranges in v.i. they are good with nappy hair.
    kemi lewis is also in dolphin. she does both natchy and locs.
    loctitude is in dolphin and she handles locs.
    @fashy, being loc’d isnt half as bad. i have loc’d my hair since 2008
    i dont regret it…locs are quite versatile especially when short. i was able fix weaves and braid when i grew a tad too tired of trying to manipulate/pack into a style. the longer your locs, the easier it is to style(my opinion). the size od locs also matter…i dont like Tosyn’s locs tho *coveringmyeyes*
    not everyone can maintain nappy/natchy hair. if u try it and it just isn’t for u, please add lye and move on..is not by force!