Style

BN Beauty: Give Your Natural Hair Bombshell Curls with this Tutorial from Nigerian Vlogger, Chizi Duru

BN Beauty with Chizi Duru - BellaNaija - July2015

Have you ever tried straightening your natural hair yourself but failed? If your answer is yes then we have just the thing – a hair tutorial!

Natural Hair Youtuber – Nigerian, Chizi Duru learns everyday new ways to get her 4C hair styled and ready, and shares them with her followers on Instagram and Youtube.

Today, she is sharing how she conditioned, moisturized and straightened her hair with a straightening iron to get loose curly hair that will bring the bombshell out of you.

So, grab your notepads or bookmark this page for your Natural hair inspiration. Enjoy!

Photo Credit: @ChiziDuru (Instagram)

1. I'mJustSayn'

July 28, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Beautiful but it looks like a lot of work 🙁

2. chy

July 28, 2015 at 2:01 pm

looks lovely but the fact still remains that i m too lazy for beauty stuffs

3. Made

July 28, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Finally!!! someone with my hair type…gosh love love love the final output. Good thing you are able to achieve both the natural and relaxed hair look with this kind of hair…soooo voluminous..

4. MEE

July 28, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Woow, that looks so nice, I badly want to do it, but time, where’s the time for this when one has to rush out every morning 🙁

5. Gerry

July 28, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Very nice. I haven’t used heat on my hair in a while, last time I tried my hair smelt like burnt goat head lol

• akissi

July 28, 2015 at 8:16 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ burnt goat head!! OMG! naija and their words ehn

6. jojo

July 28, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Very nice. How do maintain that style in a very humid environment?

7. harvest

July 28, 2015 at 3:31 pm

I don’t get it, you cut off ur relaxed hair to grow natural hair only for you to go tru stress to make ur hair loked like a relaxed one??? I don’t get it @ all…

• Doxa

July 28, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I guess sometimes you want a different kind of hair do. The stress involved however is a very discouraging factor, can’t I just go to a salon, sit down, cross my legs and read a magazine while someone does this for me? Why do natural hair girls always do-it-themselves? That’s the part that I don’t get.

• halyma

July 28, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Same question I always ask after watching all these videos and reading all the tips online….how about all the tons of products one has to use? My hair is natural too but I seem not to have as much passion as other naturalists…the lifestyle is tiring for me

• cryingneversolvedanything

July 28, 2015 at 5:09 pm

What is there not to get? How many salons know how to handle natural hair?

• Doxa

July 28, 2015 at 5:40 pm

@crying… I know several natural hair salons here in Lagos. It depends on where u are.

• Carliforniabawlar

July 28, 2015 at 7:50 pm

I used to go to the salon to get my hair done all the time, in fact I never did it by myself…no time for offering my hair as sweet smelling incense to the gods. The versatility of my natural hair is why I loved it. I didn’t have to use chemicals to PERMANENTLY straighten my hair.
      No oyinbo blood here, but I kept my natural hair for 5years until it got too long for me to manage into styles I liked so I chopped it all off to start over 😀

• GIWJ

July 28, 2015 at 8:19 pm

without the chemical

• Seriously

July 29, 2015 at 7:31 pm

It’s not that hard to understand. Just bcos you have natural hair doesn’t mean you stick to one style. And relaxing your with chemicals is totally different. Putting heat in your hair especially low heat is not as damaging as relaxing your hair.

8. IjawGeh

July 28, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Before the iron gets to my head, I must have squeezed the life off of the person carrying out the work. I get really sensitive to these machines. But I’ll find try, Since I realllyy like this one.

9. Mostest

July 28, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Team natural is good for people who have Oyibo blood in them, no matter how distant, we that have African man blood, sisteh that comb will break

• papermoon

July 28, 2015 at 5:25 pm

The comb won’t break oooo, just get a spray bottle and fill it with water, spray in the morning, go and bath, and come back to comb soft hair, finish!!!! Kinky hair, no matter how hard, softens with water……

• africanqwen

July 29, 2015 at 7:04 am

How can you call your self that when you have listened and assimilated the lie that your natural hair is inferior due to your race. Sista snap out of it quickly. I have true Beautiful, royal , strong , pure African blood running through my veins. My hair is a luxurious black crown that has intimidated the white man for ages. I would wear it any dammed way I want. Everyone is FREE to wear their OWN hair how they want and not to be cojoled into thinking it should be one way because it’s not GOOD HAIR.

• Truth Teller

July 29, 2015 at 11:02 am

@Mostest, you can’t say that about everyone, especially those from the North. I’m 100% Nigerian with 100%natural hair, when I say natural I mean in my 31 years in this life, my hair has never had any chemicals I.e. I’ve never relaxed my hair and it doesn’t break any comb. It’s soft, as full as the poster’s , and about 5inches longer than hers. That said, flat ironing is a painstaking experience for me as an individual because my hair’s so full and it doesn’t last too long especially when the hair contacts moisture. Does anyone know how one can keep straightened hair looking that way for a reasonable number of days without shrinking or looking fluffy?

• Truth Teller

July 29, 2015 at 11:13 am

I even forgot to mention how pretty her hair is! Beautiful good quality hair, thanks for the tips.

10. Maryanne

July 29, 2015 at 10:10 am

I tried this three weeks back, so I could make a perfect sleek bun, It lasted all of two days. The hair would revert back to its normal curly/coily state. I could manage the bun for eight days tho. So curled like the video, the hair would minimize and get spongy in a matter of days LOL.

11. JIce