News

Dasuki on Security Agents’ Invasion of His Home: It’s a Witch-Hunt, They are Trying to Implicate Me

BellaNaija.com

Dasuki-Sambo

Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki is finally speaking out on the invasion of his home by Department of State Security Service (DSS) operatives.

He reportedly spoke exclusively with The Nation, and stated the following:

“The SSS operatives came in two trucks with a search warrant from a Magistrate Court. The warrant gave them the power to search for ‘illegal weapons and any incriminating item.’ You can imagine what that is supposed to mean.

I left office on Tuesday and they got the warrant on Wednesday and executed it by 6pm on Thursday.

From 6pm on Thursday, throughout the night till about 6am this morning (Friday), they were searching my house looking for incriminating items.

They restricted my movement. I cannot go out and no one can visit me. All those who attempted to see me were stopped from doing so.

In fact, my son was blocked from entering my residence. My two cooks, who used to come from their homes to prepare my meals, were also disallowed from leaving my house.

The only person allowed was the man who feeds my dogs. And he only related with the dogs.

By Friday morning, they packed away all the nine cars in my residence. I could not go out to perform the Eid-el-Fitr prayer because of the restriction.

Even when I sought permission to go to Eid Praying Ground, they promised to provide a vehicle but they never did…

This is just a witch-hunt; they are desperately looking for something to implicate me.

They went to my father’s house including breaking into the ceiling to look for incriminating documents. They broke a safe in my father’s house.

Also, my sister kept a 20-year old box in my father’s house, they also forced it open. What has my father got to do with this?

And the old man is in hospital in London. He was shocked to hear that they broke into his house. The good thing is that they did not find anything.

1. @edDREAMZ

July 18, 2015 at 4:45 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    No peace for the wicked… Naija policticians dey dash me vex i swear….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Missy J

July 18, 2015 at 4:48 pm

“But that is the new change we have, this is our own definition of democracy. All I know is that everything has a beginning and an end in a democracy. I gave my best for this transition, which led to the victory of the opposition over the ruling party”……Got that from the full interview.#BN, well done for using the other part of the interview to prepare Egusi soup#

Haabaaah!! And he is a change agent oh! why do they have to treat him like that naaw??? Besides why is President Buhari been dragged into this? I don’t see Dasuki mentioning his name.
    To SSS abi DSS: I know you want to impress President Buhari but please do it in a civil manner.
    To Dasuki: There’s no smoke without a fire.

3. Sunshine

July 18, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Shame on you Dasukii. You aint see nothing yet. All that secuity fund you guys were looting will be return one way or the other. The army on the front line wrote an open letter to Jonathan about lack of equipment, uniform and food but you calous leaders didnt flinch and let those guys to die senselessly on the battle field. The day of reckoning has arrived and you are going down with Jonathan cuz both of you are a total disgrace to the nation Thank God South Africa has returned the security money they attempted to hide in Cyprus.

• Sandi

July 20, 2015 at 10:57 am

Please let me remind you that there was an illegal arms deal that the previous administration was caught for. If they left the soldiers to die, why was there an arms deal? Also ask yourself why we had to resort to purchasing arms through the back door? Why were we blocked from purchasing arms in the open market? Ask for the wicked people who refused to sell arms to us while our people die. Continue getting angry at the wrong people and watch it continue to happen again.

Also they weren’t looking for stolen funds, they were looking for arms, to portray this man as a traitor to Nigeria. Why that crime? If indeed he looted money the EFCC should be the ones looking for him.
      While you may be angry for any reason, ensure you defend your democracy, because after he’s taken down, it would be citizen x, citizen x could be you. Just think about that.

They’re searching him for ‘treasonable felony’ isn’t that the same charge thrown on Abiola?

4. mabel

July 18, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Pele. But you know how oga at the top rolls now. Some will get house arrest while some will get kirikiri. #sopetie. Pele.

5. Mbeke feeling funky

July 18, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Not to make light of a serious situation. But is he trying to say that he employs someone just to look after his dogs !! It’s good to have money

• Professor X

July 18, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Great point about having a specific caretaker for the dogs. As my people would say, “ego na-ali ibeya elu.” Money ok top money

• Sandi

July 20, 2015 at 10:53 am

It’s not about having money, the guy was the National Security Adviser, do you seriously think he SHOULD have time to make food for his dogs? If he did, there’s a problem.

6. Shuaib Hakeem

July 18, 2015 at 6:29 pm

well niger is changing…..

7. Ba

July 18, 2015 at 8:39 pm

You know this is a witch hunt, definitely, you know you have skeleton in your closet.

8. vexing

July 18, 2015 at 9:52 pm

9 cars! See his mouth! People who come to cook my meals, person who come to feed my dogs! Kai! Life is good to some people shaaa! D way I suffer eh, I jst wonder how those who are even less fortunate than me survive! 9cars! Am 32, civil servant for 5years, Msc holder, I buy and sell, I look for money very well, d onlly place I haven’t looked into is with sugar dadies! Yet I don’t know if I can ever own a car soon! It jst seem impossible! Am angry meeehn! Which haunt inndeed! I know abt 5soldiers who’s been killed by boko haram. Bia, dis man, with ur fresh but dullish looking facae, si eba pour!

• Tawnya

July 19, 2015 at 3:04 am

Dey there o! See $40k wey suga daddi like Dasuki for give you! Go find shuga papa oh! Your clock don dey run.

• Professor X

July 19, 2015 at 12:32 pm

According to the press release from DSS, 12 cars were recovered, of which five are bullet proof. Ego nekwu….money talks!

• [email protected] Confused.com

July 19, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Heheheheh. Pele, drink ice water. I also know young grads who finished same time as you and own dogs plus caregiver, vet etc. If you get to work at 9am and leave at 2pm don’t complain when you receive peanuts. That is Naija civil service for you. If you work in Shell or Chevron i.e if you are able to pass their interviews, you will not be complaining. You will work your brain hard/hot and you will smile at the end of the month. And you do not need to know anyone to get employed in Shell. I should know.

When you get to Dasuki’s age/level you will have cooks, driver and dog carer(s). You cannot wwork at inland waterways and collect oil salary. SHIKENA.

• phoenixceleste

July 19, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Fool cum mugun!pro gej

• nnenne

July 19, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Everyone can’t work with chevron, ok?
      Everyone deserves better though?
      Sugar daddies should not be part of the deal!

9. happygogirl!

July 19, 2015 at 9:18 am

According to chief of army staff, they came with a search warrant o, and even though not entitled to military security asper retiring as a colonel, dude still has military guys as gate men, and he asked dem to allow d sss guys asccess into one of his two personal houses in asokoro! Trust our mentality na, d soldiers were even ready to slug it out with d sss guys, bt d timely intervention of the coas. And 12new exotic vehicles, 5 of wich were bullet proof were found, and when he couldn’t provide evidence of ownership,they carted dem away! Also carted away were arms and ammunition. Yet dude said they r witch haunting him. We are just some bunch o wicked and callous and corrupt people in Nigeria. For the wailers who wait for anything to trash buhari, I have dis for u, “why is it difficult for you to realise that voting buhari was nt cos people loved him? He was jst a better option dan Gej, and if you didn’t realise the ROT Nigeria was and d collective money stealing under jonathan, then u really didn’t know that we were heading for a very terrible pit in a few months time! Majority of persons who voted for Buhari were nt even Muslims, we were just tired of d madnesss called Gej administration!

10. observer

July 19, 2015 at 3:14 pm

“The good thing is that they did not find anything.” – Read into that what you may

• Sharon

July 20, 2015 at 6:38 pm

You read my mind!

11. XOXO

July 19, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Why crying wolf on social media? Let’s see the evidence they have against you first before you prosecute and acquit yourself. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands…

12. Briggsluna

July 20, 2015 at 8:50 am

THIEF

13. Ras

July 21, 2015 at 5:35 pm

PMB @ work, no hiding place dis corrupt officers