News

Algerian Groom Sues Wife After Seeing Her MakeUp-Free For First Time

BellaNaija.com

African American Bride

An Algerian groom was in great shock after he saw his wife make-up free for the first time the morning after their wedding.

According to Daily Mail, the husband was so shocked after seeing her face, that he didn’t recognize her. He claims to have thought she was a thief who had broken into his home – that’s how unrecognizable she reportedly was.

After recovering from the shock, and realizing that she was indeed the woman he had married barely 24 hours ago, the perplexed husband decided to take his wife to court – accusing her of inflicting ‘psychological suffering’ by ‘cheating’ him with her make-up.

Speaking on the matter, a source stated:

“He said he was deceived by her as she used to fill up her face with make up before their marriage.

He said she looked very beautiful and attractive before marriage, but when he woke up in the morning and found that she had washed the make-up off her face, he was frightened as he thought she was a thief.

The groom told court that he is demanding $20,000 damages for his psychological suffering.”

Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com/Flashon Studio (*Photo is for illustrative purposes only*)

1. yonce

August 6, 2015 at 2:58 pm

What you see, is what you get. LOL!

2. Lynn

August 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm

#Storyforthegods #yimu…didn’t he date her b4 marriage????

• Jice

August 6, 2015 at 8:30 pm

So what if they dated, did they spend the night, do sports etc? That’s what you be interested in. You say it like everybody must spend the night or so together before marriage. Take a seat please…

3. mami

August 6, 2015 at 3:06 pm

???????????…………on second thot……yeye man,you should be glad it’s a woman you married…..with all this transgender things going on in the world now…….aren’t you lucky……men are in trouble ohhhh!!!!!

• bn lover

August 6, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Epic @mami. U took d words right out of my mouth

4. mimi

August 6, 2015 at 3:09 pm

So u loved her for her “made up” face and not for who she is, or what she represents to you as your woman? Lesson learned: Beauty fades away quickly but other thing stays.

5. ashley

August 6, 2015 at 3:15 pm

But how does one marry somebody without ever seeing her face?? I mean, they must have gone swimming, taken baths together, slept together etc unless its a case of arranged marriage otherwise this does not make sense. Fine lets say she is ugly, what about her personality and stuff?

On another note, my fellow sisters let us slow down on that make-up. The essence of make up is to enhance beauty not remodel your face. I had never seen a particular friend of mine without make-up even when we go swimming, she will put on water-proof everything until this one fateful day when I chanced upon her without it. The difference on her face was like day and night. She was barely recognizable. Its really sad because most women these days derive their self confidence from make-up.

6. Puzzles

August 6, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I pity guys sha. When i remember the girls in my hostel back then, their faces before and after make up. The difference was too much.

But most guys go after the superficial girls. One of my friends told me plainly that i would have made a good wife for him, but he needs someone distracting, then started to talk about how i should work more on outward appearance aka makeup, hair, clothes etc. Make i no pray bad prayer for am

• Nahum

August 6, 2015 at 9:28 pm

You dodged a bullet, big time. I remember one boyfriend saying that to me. It broke my heart. My husband like me to glam up but he was smart enough to look beyond the facade. Many marriages are failing because of superficial decisions like this.

7. bruno fierce

August 6, 2015 at 3:17 pm

this is one of the reasons I’m not into women. everything about a woman is fake. fake hair, fake nails ,fake shape of nose etc. everything about most women today is fake. everything is an illusion. the size of lips, the padded bra and padded butt etc. its all fake. a woman’s height is even fake (high heels) etc

unlike a guy. a cute guy is cute in the morning afternoon and at nite. whether he washes his face or not he is still going to be cute. no deceiving. (example, me)

men are much more beautiful than women. a man doesnt do much to look good. all a guy needs is a bath and BAM!!!!! he is hot and sexy. some guys dont even need to shower, they are sexy when sweaty. lol unlike a woman who will fix and draw and contour all overall her face and body. its sad.

• ....

August 6, 2015 at 4:18 pm

YOU ARE INTO MEN!!!!!! AND AM GUESSING YOU ARE A GUY. JUST SAYING

• jaybird

August 6, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Na now u come this blog? Bruno no de hide say e de gay

• Nma

August 6, 2015 at 7:04 pm

BN,
      Please when did you start posting comments from Bruno again? I was happy not seeing his comments for a while. I assumed he had no money to buy data or you guys finally got sick of him. #GetBrunoOffBN! Can’t deal with his pesky comments.

• Angel

August 6, 2015 at 9:38 pm

@Nma you wrong hun, say no to cyber bullying. I may not agree with some of Bruno’s contributions but I will defend his right to say it. He is entitled to his opinion as much as you are entitled to yours, cheers.

• Nahum

August 6, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Lol… Welcome back Bruno

• LamourQuiGrandit

August 8, 2015 at 5:45 am

Wow. That really made me laugh. Even though I’m a young woman, I do understand your point. But I’m not so sure about how in the beginning you seemed like you are judging all women based on the ones who does fake up thier bodies. .. And really, it is not that one sex is superior than the other, it’s just the amount of pressure that we get and makes us feel so much lack of confidence. If you are that heterosexual guy who wishes that women could embrace their natural bodies more, I salute you. Unlike those men who are actually in favor of it, which sometimes causes the women to feel that same pressure. Besides all, WE ARE ALL HUMANS ARE BEAUTIFUL WITH GREAT HEARTS.

• daval8

August 9, 2015 at 6:20 am

It’d only God that can save you oh

8. Anu

August 6, 2015 at 3:17 pm

This is very funny and sad at the same time. If this is what our idea of marriage has turned into then I’m truly sad for our generation. How do you jump into marriage with a woman without having spent enough time with her?

9. Mocha

August 6, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Lmao! A good laugh this afternoon. This man already planned this prior or how do you explain sueing your wife barely 24 hours after the wedding?? Gold-digging is gender blind.

10. olu

August 6, 2015 at 3:23 pm

This is totally not fair ……for those laughing at the man, how would it feel if he kept his castration secret until after the marriage?

This is why I fully support ‘testing it out until the wheels fall off’ before the marriage …don’t listen to all the fake religious bs!

• Nma

August 6, 2015 at 7:06 pm

That you don’t agree with religious morals doesn’t make it bs! Gosh.

11. Authentic Sunshine

August 6, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I’m in a good mood today. Again I agree with the groom. Ode!!!!! Did you not think to check your consignment before exchange of particulars…… No returns here……….erm be smatter in your next life.
    He is luckier than the Chinese man who found how ugly his wife truly was when she kept producing fugly off-springs

• Valentine

August 6, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Exactly my point! Tomorrow now they will say no sex before marriage…..
      Men like us that love our girls uncircumcised MUST see and test the punini before marriage. Nobody got time for stories that touch the heart.

• Nma

August 6, 2015 at 7:08 pm

You don’t have to have sex with a girl, before you see her natural bare face. What a flimsy lousy excuse. I hope girls don’t fall for this stupidity.

12. Pat

August 6, 2015 at 3:25 pm

LOL, people pls help me I can’t stop laughing over this. “He taught she was a thief” lmao. I am in a public place laughing like a fool I bet people might think I have lost it.

13. Blessedheart

August 6, 2015 at 3:26 pm

This is really funny. Sounds like grounds for annulment or am I wrong? What kind of relationship/courtship did they have before marriage? These are the kinds of things you find during courtship instead of focusing on sex.

14. Prettymadam

August 6, 2015 at 3:29 pm

This has to be a joke, he has the ordasities to demand money

• Ello Bae

August 6, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Do you mean audacity?

• DEE

August 8, 2015 at 10:06 am

is that why we are here?? ehn
      the “audacities” of you two—shio

lol

• Nahum

August 6, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Choi

15. Authentic Sunshine

August 6, 2015 at 3:33 pm

As I was saying before I mistakenly posted half my aproko: so the court ruled in the Chinese man’s favour because the bride had surgically altered her appearance thereby deceitfully and fraudulently obtaining marital commitment. Well the court didnt say that exactly but you’ ll know what I mean and they awarded the man some compo money worth thousands of dollars…….

16. somtoo

August 6, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Money for damages = Money spent on wedding….hohohohohohohoho. He should chop sorry! Abi u wanna marry fine gial!

17. Naomi

August 6, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Men with erectile dysfunction before marriage that dont tell the woman should be sued also. The man’s family, the church would be aware of this fact and refuse to disclose to the wife, so they should be sued for psychological suffering and sexual deceit.

• Bolu

August 6, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Including those with ST’Ds that infect their partner knowing their status.

18. Her

August 6, 2015 at 3:40 pm

The dude is a jackass,so he married her for the looks,what rubbish.sisters please calm down with the painting,this contouring thing is destructive.it gives you the idea that your face has to be slimmer with cheekbones. At the end of the day all dose things are illusions,every one has flaws.just highlight your better features stop re moulding your face.it damages your self esteem,you feel ugly without dem.

19. Be yourself

August 6, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I met a girl months ago, this girl is wow!
    Wow is all i can say. Coming out of her house, she is dazzling! Meeting up at a place, she is head turning. Despite the fact that i pick her up at her gate (her house) , you will never see her true image till i entered her house one day. Chai

Chai, Chai, Chai, ow i go take describe am that BN people no go vex for me o?
    Anyways na chai i fit say

A guy hardly rubs white powder, talkless of make up or fake boobs, fake yansh, fake nails, fake eyes, fake eye lid, fake height, fake colour/complexion, fake accent, fake everything.

You are attracted by what you see. Attraction is 1st b4 personality. Can you see a mad man and allow him talk to you because he has a good personality? He must be good looking first b4 you can allow him talk to you.

Ladies, be careful o. Be yourself. The sad part is that many don’t know how to conceal these things. You wear butt pad/fake yansh and the thing will be so obvious–disgusting!

Sue for damages jare

• Bolu

August 6, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Why you no describe am finish? Mitschew…

• my take

August 8, 2015 at 10:31 am

a mad man has got no personality

20. Ephi

August 6, 2015 at 4:26 pm

This has to be the funniest post so far today,.. hehehe

21. Idomagirl

August 6, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Dem no date before? Was it an arranged marriage? This is confusing.

22. Enkay

August 6, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Hahahahahahaha! No be only Psychological suffering. He was frightened and thought it was a thief. Hahahahahaha. I can’t hold myself. The difference must have been too much. Whaaaaat?

23. Felinda

August 6, 2015 at 5:06 pm

i only came here to read that Anuofia Brunos comments 🙂 😉 🙂 – yall know that ni99a got some shyt to say

24. yellow sisi

August 6, 2015 at 5:07 pm

No refund of payment after used.

25. Unique

August 6, 2015 at 5:25 pm

hahahahaha, the woman didnt have makeup on her, its called FACEBEAT. That guy is a moron though. yours is even better, what about the fakeboob, fakebum and all off that. My friend sit down and enjoy the ride

Y’all see why some churxhes bans makeup and all that.

26. Gia

August 6, 2015 at 6:18 pm

I knew you were not a real gay person…your comments about women are always just so WEIRD!
    so are you saying that if you happen to meet a woman who is beautiful even without make up/weaves you would magically turn into a straight person?
    I feel sorry for those gay people who try their best to make others understand that they are gay simply because they were born that way…
    -.-

27. Tope

August 6, 2015 at 6:28 pm

She would stain my bed with her make up, hence my reason for telling her not to visit me anymore either during the day or at night. She begged and promised not to use her make up when ever she’s visiting……

28. jaybird

August 6, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Na now u come this blog? Bruno no de hide say e de gay

29. Drknite

August 6, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Was he drunk before he married her?

30. PERE

August 6, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Ahahahahahha..I can’t stop laughing..I cum read comment

31. EseOSAGIE

August 6, 2015 at 8:30 pm

This – is the dumbest dude ever…

32. Ese

August 6, 2015 at 8:33 pm

So if he sues her and she pays the money, do they carry on being married or do they get a divorce? Lol

33. enkay

August 6, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Mbok give us the “Before and After” pics of the said gal biko. I have taken anti psychological suffering medicine. She can’t frighten us that bad. Worse case I peep at her from under the bed where I will be hiding from her. I never fit stop d laugh.

34. Tunmi

August 7, 2015 at 5:09 am

And then BN had to write it in bold that the picture is for “illustrative purposes only” lmaoooo

35. Kemigisa

August 7, 2015 at 6:31 am

Bruno wel be back……Bruno u may be gay ur aman but u dont like men who r u??

36. Tim

August 7, 2015 at 9:23 am

Cant stop lafin,in d kekenapep,am sure oder passengers will tink ave gone mad,haaaaa oga groom,wakeup.

37. Debby

August 7, 2015 at 11:36 am

Most of the girls talking here are ugly without makeup.lol

38. brownchocolate

August 7, 2015 at 1:23 pm

What is ugly by the way? How a person measures beauty differs based on different types of conditioning. Attractive? Yes. Ugly? No.

39. amibaby

August 17, 2015 at 6:49 pm

It just shows the priorities of people these days and the vanity of thoughts

40. euchay

August 20, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Nawaa ooh, but seriously i think women should slow down on this make up thing. Fake looks, fake boobs, fake nails, fake lashes, fake everything and yet we want a real man… what you give is what you get, lol