Style

BN Pick Your Fave: Freda Francis & Yvonne Nwosu in Vonne Couture

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

BN-Pick-Your-FaveWhat better way to round off the week than with another edition of BN Pick Your Fave!

Today we have two close friends – entrepreneur Freda Francis and Designer Yvonne Nwosu – both rocking Yvonne Nwosu’s brand, Vonne Couture.

Freda Francis

Freda rocked the black version of the print shift dress a few days ago.

She rocked the dress with a silver neck piece and a pair of pink peep-toes sandals. She also kept her beauty look, by makeup artist Oluchi Onuigbo, neutral for the outfit.

Freda Francis

Yvonne Nwosu

Yvonne rocked the red version of the dress a few days ago for celebrity stylist Ezinne Chinkata’s birthday.

She added an extra ‘oomph’ factor with a black tulle cover over the dress.

Yvonne added extra fab with a red floral headpiece and sultry makeup complete with a red lip by makeup artist, Oluchi Onuigbo.

Yvonne Nwosu

Which look is your fave?

Photo Credit: Instagram – @vonnecouture | @fredafrancis

1. ChiChiChilolo

August 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Abeg there is no competition here. Freda Francis wore it better.

• Kaeto

August 21, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Rihanna???? she murders every outfit like the rag that person is wearing ( seriously that is pass me all your mosquito net and let’s just stick it). Oh the other woman, wow!!
      I am just saying that woman, that chooses to wear rag she better wear it like a drag cause your red shirt don’t fit, it does not blossom the purpose of the dress.

• Kaeto

August 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm

I am so sorry this lady in red is a stylist and I love her demure. Still I can imagine Rihanna wearing it and doing justice to it.

2. Gerry

August 21, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Abeg which kain question be this? Yvonne looks like she’s going for rag day

3. ebere owah

August 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm

FREDA, FREDA, FREDA of course, what the hell was Yvonne Nwosu thinking pairing it with the black tulle cover and floral headpiece. Ouch

4. jo

August 21, 2015 at 2:32 pm

definitely freda.. sometimes less is always more!

5. le coco

August 21, 2015 at 2:40 pm

um… FREDA.. please.. i duno wht is going on with yvonnes outfit

6. Marie Antoinette

August 21, 2015 at 2:42 pm

These two would have been like…”let’s give them something to talk about”. And BN fell for it lol!…thanks to the MUA.

7. Mademoiselle

August 21, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Est-ce que na the same dress?? Anyhow, I pick Freda!

8. Anon

August 21, 2015 at 2:44 pm

No brainer. I said in a previous post that the whole net/shimmy thing spoilt the outfit.

9. Kletso

August 21, 2015 at 2:46 pm

BN, this is an unfair comparison. The two dresses are not of the same design though of a sort of similar fabric. The designs are different. If the dresses are the same design then we can compare, the frills are missing from Frieda’s and the complete black backing is missing from Yvonne’s

10. Taiwo

August 21, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Yvonne looks like she dashed through someones clothes line, randomly picking stuff to wear. Ugh!!

11. Jessiejay

August 21, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Freda offkess… Yvonne be looking like she just escaped Yabaleft… lmao, sorry o madam Yvonne, I still ruff you.

12. Seriously

August 21, 2015 at 3:16 pm

Both are ok. Not feeling the dress. Are there any dark/brown skin women in Nigeria(sarcasm). These lightening pills/injection effect is getting out of control. The pale complexion is the way to go now. I haven’t seen my cousin in 7yrs, but she came down to the states for vacation. I was shocked to say the least. I’ll see her pics on Instagram/facebook but I assumed it’s the lightning or makeup making her appear pale. She used to be brown not the color of the girls in the pic. The annoying part, shes trying to convince me her color has always been this way. I had to remind her, when we were younger how she was called “queen Sheba” and I was just called “oyibo pepper”. And I’ll get jealous. I got darker the older I get, and during summer I’m like dark brown. I stay out in the sun a lot, a habit I picked from my mom who sunbathes.

• Anon

August 21, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Haba na….we black girls are in naija. Although the way things are going, we are gradually becoming an endangered species…hopefully not extinct soon 🙂

• Krasavitsa

August 21, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Babe, I’m with you! I’m really dark and every time I go to abj, peeps look at me like “haven’t you heard of lightening creams/pills/soaps/idunnowhatelsetheyuse”. Its really irritating! Once my silly cuz actually said “you’d look really beautiful if you were fair”. It took real grace not to punch her in the face! Anyway, the rate at which people are forming #bleachedbeauty, #paleisbeautiful, I’m pretty sure in the next few years, dark chics will be so rare, the tables will turn around and the cosmetic industry will start producing “skin darkeners”

13. JustAGirl

August 21, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Freda. She put it well together. Why does Yvonne have a net apron over the dress?

14. Mimi

August 21, 2015 at 5:15 pm

When did Freda do this to herself? She’s gone fr to Kelly to Beyonce.

15. Krasavitsa

August 21, 2015 at 6:36 pm

On another note, please what does Freda Francis do?

16. Kaeto

August 21, 2015 at 10:03 pm

17. mamaisabel

August 22, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I like both outfits. It’s sometimes good to take risks with fashion as with most things in life.

18. Laila

August 22, 2015 at 10:18 pm

The title should read Bleached Safe Hate. Neither of them looks good or wore anything best