News

Oscar Pistorious to Serve Remainder of 5 Year Sentence Under House Arrest in Opulent Mansion

BellaNaija.com

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - SEPTEMBER 11:  Oscar Pistorius arrives at court on September 11, 2014 in Pretoria, South Africa. South African Judge Thokosile Masipa is due to give her verdict at the murder trial of Olympic double-amputee sprinter Oscar Pistorius today. (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)

South African Paralympian Oscar Pistorious, who was charged with manslaughter for killing then girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, is set to be released soon, having served 10 months of the five-year sentence.

Pistorius, 28, will serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest, in a luxurious mansion belonging to his wealthy uncle, National Post reports. He will wear an electronic tag and report to a police station close to his residence, as required.

Also, he will be allowed to leave the house for mandatory work and important family events, NY Daily News reports.

Meanwhile, prosecutors pushing for a murder conviction against Pistorius launched a fresh appeal on Monday.

Photo Credit: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

1. Anon

August 18, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Money talks, BS walks!

He will bag a new girlfriend very soon.

• Mabel

August 19, 2015 at 12:38 am

He already has one. She was supporting him throughout the trial.

2. jummai

August 18, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Too bad!

3. laberry

August 18, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Just like that??

4. Missy

August 18, 2015 at 2:51 pm

The South African Judicial system might as well go and shoot Reeva again in her grave.

5. leftbrained

August 18, 2015 at 3:28 pm

And some will say money. Isnt everything. How can a murderer be placed under house arrest in a spacious.elegant mansion while a poor man that commit the same crime is made to serve his full jail time in a rotten stinking unkept gallow.
    The SA judicial system speaks volume, if it was a black man case the story would be different. Pls make sure you guys got him a new girlfriend and a good bulk of pistols too.

6. ashlee

August 18, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Money talks anywhere in the world and this is why I love money. I cannot date a guy who is content with his salary. Before the righteous crucify me, I am talking about hard earned money, not ritual money oh. My parents are very ambitious and they have achieved a lot in life. We are not rich oh, far from it but we belong to one of the best middle class families. My parents taught us that their property is theirs and that we should make the best out of our lives. My parents are stingy oh. I am the first born followed by a brother and both of us can forget about inheritance until we have achievements to boast about. So far I can proudly boast about paying my own tuition for my degree and Masters (my parents said. if it gets rough I should call them but the moment I do, I have admitted failure and therefore I am a disappointment) You might think this is cruel. so did I but am glad they raised me this way because I learnt many valuable lessons about life, money, relationships etc as I hustled. Most of us dream about freedom from our parents but its not easy oh. When the 31st comes and the landlord is looking for his rent, my friend, you will wish you never left home or when your friends are partying hard and attending events during semester break but you can´t join since you will be busy hustling for tuition- you will curse yourself. I did not get married until I was able to bring something to the table. I wanted my inlaws to know that I am not chopping their son´s money oh. They dnt interfere in my marriage and they respect my decisions. I am not saying that women who marry with nothing on the table will be treated bad, I am just saying that in my own experience with life, people respect money. Of course life has no manual and anyone is free to make their money as they see fit but for me, I respect hard earned money. Look at Pistorius, if not for money would he be in the news? or even out of prison?

7. prince

August 18, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Can you people see that its not only in Nigeria that the poor man have no say. Imagine a murderer that’s suppose to rot in jail, been put under house arrest in a mansion. EVIL WORLD

8. ChiChiChilolo

August 18, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Na wa oooo. House arrest kwa. Ana eme!

9. DiDi

August 18, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Oscar the Gun totting Grouch!
    Well done you hear?
    Soon you’ll be forming fine boy with a dark past and some low esteem bimbo go dey shadow you…..

10. Vanessa

August 19, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I beg to differ. The state is trying its very best to keep him behind bars. anything can happen before his ‘release’ date. Another thing, don’t forget about the ‘streets’, they always take care of situations like this, again anything can happen to him whilst he is under ‘mansion arrest’. I just hope Reeva’s soul haunts him for the rest of his life.