News

RIP…Nigerian Ambassador to the US Ade Adefuye Passes Away

BellaNaija.com

Ade Adefuye

Adebowale Ibidapo Adefuye, Nigeria’s ambassador to the United States, has passed away.

According to SaharaReporters, he died at a Washington, DC hospital on Thursday.

The cause of his death is currently unknown.

Reports state that Adefuye was recalled to Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn in. He was in the process of handing over to a new ambassador before his sudden death.

R.I.P.

1. Missy J

August 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

Oh My God!! Someone I saw hail&hearty,all smiles when PMB visited USA. May his soul rest in peace!!

2. Omo

August 28, 2015 at 11:26 am

RIP Sir. May GOD comfort the family

3. Anon

August 28, 2015 at 11:50 am

Fare thee well, Professor. One of UNILAG’s greatest.

4. nene+

August 28, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Rest in Peace great man!

5. melody

August 28, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Ambassador Adefuye was a good man, always cheerful! Death is cruel! I will surely miss you.

6. Ufuoma

August 28, 2015 at 2:07 pm

May your soul rest in peace sir, you will be missed.

7. Condolence

August 28, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Wow. Met him once. Very cheerful man. May he rest in peace.

8. Saddened Girl

August 28, 2015 at 5:45 pm

To some of us you were not just Ambassador Adefuye. To me you were uncle.
    I knew that when I read through the comments I would see good words about you.
    You were so loving, so kind, so loyal. You meant the world to us. A proud and doting dad to your kids and just a great man all round. We love you and will miss you so much. God bless you. This is one we will not get over quickly. The news broke my heart. Everybody is just sad about this.

9. lacey

August 28, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Who knows whether is Buhari’s recalling that caused the hypertension that killed this man! Somebody that is used to a stress free life in the US is called back to Nigeria.
    May his soul rest in peace! I thank God that I must at least visit Nigeria yearly to ward any necessary shock of moving back! We will survive anywhere even in the jungle just give me my internet coverage! It is well!

10. oversabi

August 29, 2015 at 3:17 am

Dear Amb.,
    It is so shocking to hear that you transitioned. I dont know where you are now but I hope that it is a place with less stress and pain. I hope that you found some peace and you now have a boss that cares. I still remember your jokes. You were very funny; jovial and always joking. I did not know you personally but we would cross paths at events in DC where you would give speeches laced with jokes. I heard you were recalled before the President visited. I saw you at the embassy when the president visited. You seemed like you were trying hard to make things happen for them. As an Ambassador, you represented the President in the US. So even ifyou were now recalled, you were not ordinary. So this morning I scoured the Aso Rock web page for an announcement from your employer, the one you represent,PMB. Sadly,, I did not see anything. Only some coverage in the social media and traditional media pages. I started worrying that you had worked in vain for a government that does not value your person. You see, I had expected that the president or his office would announce your passing. Finally, I went to the US Department of state website and indeed, the Americans will always show up strong when it comes to protocol and respect – there was a brief tribute to you, emblazoned on their state department webpage.. Someone did something. I write all this to say to you that someone remembered to honor you in death. The Americans did. Your country was too busy it seems. But the colleagues you made in America paused for a few minutes to honor you.

11. FYI

August 29, 2015 at 5:57 am

Anyone who could reach the level of an ambassador must have already been living a very decent life in Nigeria. FYI there are a lot of people in Nigeria who will not swap their lives for a second to live abroad. The lord give the and taketh. You don’t have to always speculate everything. We are all mere mortals. May he rest in peace.

12. FYI

August 29, 2015 at 5:57 am

*giveth

13. lacey

August 29, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I have come here to make my comment and it is clearly an assumption! So please face your opinion and let me face mine,as I always say when I come on BN is to relieve my stress and enjoy myself not to have a petty debate!

14. Adebusola okoromadu née odueke

September 3, 2015 at 10:29 pm

I heard of your death .with shock. and heavy heart in pains. We met a very long time when you newly got married to my bosom, and youthful friend adesola, whom we ve lost contact for a long time.l always look forward to when we shall meet . But suddenly I heard the news of your death. My prayer is that our good Lord will uphold your family. Especially your wife .my friend Desola. The lord will watch over the entire family jealously. He will console, encourage, keep and protect them in Jesus Name