Style

Team #NoMakeup & #NoWeave! Empress Njamah Shows Off Natural Hair in Makeup-Free Photo

More Nigerian celebrities are embracing the natural hair life and we love it.

Empress Njamah - BellaNaija - August 2015

A few hours ago, actress Empress Njamah posted this image on Instagram showing off her natural hair with 3 makeup-free selfies.

Enjoying the natural hair life, she talked about how her journey hasn’t exactly been easy, but it seems like she’s still on board. She also loves not having to use chemical products on her hair, so it’s still a win.

In her caption she also gave a shout to her fellow celeb naturalistas Mbong Amata and Omoni Oboli who are steady rocking their short ‘fros.

She tagged the photo, “#TeamnaturalHair! Tag people with natural hair! @MbongAmata @OmoniOboli! Not easy keeping this! But staying away from chemical that damage hair though!

We are glad she’s taking more care of her hair and seems to be enjoying getting hair short ‘fro pampered at the salon.

Loving her ‘fro?

Photo Credit: @EmpressNjamah (Instagram)

1. nene

August 25, 2015 at 2:21 pm

i was scared to click on this and my mind was right. she looks razz and bleached. look at those black lips and that piercing.gosh.

• Alert!

August 25, 2015 at 4:24 pm

I was prepared to expect the worst too..lol. Not everyone is blessed with natural colored lips you know. I have a friend who has natural dark lips. She has never smoked nor done anything to make it that way. So if its naturally that way, why criticize her for that?!

2. Damilola's

August 25, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I wish more nigerian women will take care of their natural hair under wigs/weaves. Just bcos you wear weaves is not an excuse to have short jagajaga hair.
    I helped one of my friends take out her weave and I was concerned how rough her hair is. I gave her some tips to help her better.

• Erika

August 25, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Abeg ooo Damilola please share tips o… God bless you in advance,

3. mamahenz

August 25, 2015 at 3:02 pm

share the tips, please @ Damilola’s

• Damilola

August 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm

wash/condition your hair before putting in your weave. I washed her hair with coconut cream(one I use to cook rice), olive oil and avocado(it’s an option) left it in for an hour bcos of how damaged her hair is. Her hair(4C) came out so manageable. She put her weave back in. In between that she will moisturize her conrows with olive/castor oil with water not by itself bcos it can be too thick. It’s a dab or rub. When she took down her weave after 2months, her hair looked healthy. For wigs, every other night she will spray her hair with oils and water. And for braids, she has a bottle with whatever oil she prefers and water. She will spray her scalp, even the braids just to keep it moisturized. And aloe vera juice(it works wonders) but it’s not for everyone. And for some people, they take supplements/vitamins that has all these natural oils.

But her hair is looking good right now. She wore her hair out last Sunday at church for the first time in 7years. That’s how confident she feels and how good her natural hair looks.

• oyindee

August 25, 2015 at 8:48 pm

So this caught my attention ‘took out her weave after two months’,is that okay?like keeping weaves for two months,and how many weeks ideally can one keep weaves,just asking!

4. jasmine

August 25, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Your lips r…hian!!!

5. Zee

August 25, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Smh….Team natural everywhere you go….like seriously? Am tired of this shit joor. But its none of my business.

• Damilola's

August 25, 2015 at 6:43 pm

@ zee
      It’s not about team natural. Notice I said take care of your freaking hair under your wigs/weaves. Most people have their natural hair braided under their wigs/weaves. Is that too much to ask for? To have a healthy hair.

• Bola

August 25, 2015 at 8:26 pm

You conceited as hell. Who said Zee was talking to you. Take your advice to your own blog abeg.

• Damilola's

August 25, 2015 at 11:27 pm

@ Bola

What about you stfu, and get lost. Whether she’s talking to me or not, I said my opinion of people whinning about taking care of their own – hair. So what if it’s team natural, it’s your hair that grows from your scalp that you are adviced to take care of and carry. Other race of women have tons of everything about their hair, they are not complaining. So, why do black women get so sensitive about their own hair.

• Zee

August 26, 2015 at 9:34 am

Damilola,i wasnt even talking to you to start with,i only commented on the general notion of everyone going natural this these(the craze is too much) and all that,i dont know how that bothered you. smh Na wa.

• Damilola's

August 26, 2015 at 1:10 pm

@ zee

Do you realize how ignorant you sound. So, black women NOT obsessed with Chinese, Indian, etc other people’s hair but obsessed with their own hair is too much craze? Get used to being yourself. Teamnatural shouldn’t be a negative thing at all, even if it’s constantly discussed. What should be too much craze for you is wearing other women’s hair on your head. Time to give it back to Indian, Brazilian, Asian women.

6. I no send

August 25, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Not bad actually

7. Drknite

August 25, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Imaging waking up to that every morning…. SMH

8. Tabitha

August 25, 2015 at 9:37 pm

@Zee
    Is that a hint of jealously I hear in your comment?

• Zee

August 26, 2015 at 9:40 am

Excuse me? Jealousy my big black a**. I don’t care even if Obama’s wife decides or is going natural. The madness for it is too much,must everyone know you are/going natural? Whether you choose to relax your hair or go natural its your business and not mine,don’t spite it my face. So don’t get it twisted my dear. I see no reason i should jealous you because you going natural(then i guess you wont be wearing makeup)and also you shouldn’t wear wigs to cover it(as it isnt natural)smh

9. jiga

August 25, 2015 at 11:42 pm

SO she was d chick dat dumped timaya dat year looooool c her now c timaya,girls be running faster dan dere shado,she doz nt look lookable @ all

10. Pat