Style

BN Beauty Profile: Teyonah Parris’ Beautiful Natural Curls at the 2015 Emmys!

Teyonah Parris Hairstyle at the Emmys - Bellanaija - September004

Teyonah Parris

The 2015 Emmy Awards took place last night at Los Angeles, and had a red carpet filled with suave gents and beautiful ladies attend with the hope of taking home the golden statue. If you have not seen the red carpet photos, Click Here.

BellaNaija Beauty was on the lookout, and one actress in particular who caught our attention was Teyonah Parris. The beautiful Mad Men actress didn’t just steal our hearts with her beautiful black & white polka dot Francesca Miranda dress, but we were particularly wowed by her natural hair.

Teyonah attended the Emmys with a full mane of luxurious curls created by hairstylist, Darico Jackson. The hairstyle featured soft jumbo curls signature to a 2-strand twist-out; that was turned into puffy side-swept look.

We love how soft and bouncy her hair looks, and the side bang makes it very red carpet worthy.

Teyonah Parris Hairstyle at the Emmys - Bellanaija - September001

Check out before and after below:

Teyonah Parris - BellaNaija - September 2015001

Darico Jackson & Teyonah getting her her Emmy ready

Beautiful!

Beautiful!

See her red carpet look below with dress by Francesca Miranda:

Teyonah Parris Hairstyle at the Emmys - Bellanaija - September003

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Alberto E. Rodriguez | @TeyonahParris | @DaricoJackson (Instagram)

1. quirky

September 21, 2015 at 10:56 am

She is effortlessly Flawless.. I love dark skinned women!

2. Mizzy

September 21, 2015 at 11:13 am

WOOOOOOW, gorgeous, gorgeous. i luv her hair

3. Babytohcute

September 21, 2015 at 11:39 am

Now that hair there is priceless. It has enticed me to go natural. So all the naturalists, a little help please. What are the requirements, what’s involved, pros and cons? Plus the last time I retouched my hair was like first week of May or ending April (can’t remember). Thank you.

• Mrs. T

September 21, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Pros, it’s versatile. It’s not as expensive as relaxed her (at least for me). If you know how to cater for it, you don’t have to frequently visit the salon. It’s grows quite rapidly, if you take care of it, moisturise, wash as supposed, etc.
      Cons, it can be time consuming. If you don’t understand natural hair, you’ll experience some error and trial.

Summed up briefly, when I first became natural it was easy breezy, never really catered for my hair and it grew regardless. However, when it become even longer, it became more demanding. I have to section my hair into 4 and make it into “calabar” before washing. I also do 3/4 cornrows when going to bed, or simply section my hair into 4 and make “calabar”.
      I use shea butter and mango butter, I find that these butters make my hair more manageable, although mango butter isn’t as greasy as shea butter. My top oils are castor and jojoba. For essential oils; peppermint and tea tree. I’ve been natural for. 3 years.

My point is, natural hair is manageable if you’re knowledgeable about it. At the end of the day, whether your hair is natural or relaxed, so long as it’s healthy you’re good to go. Always research and know that all hair types are different and different things work for different people.

Now, that’s an epistle. ?

• chi-e-z

September 21, 2015 at 12:52 pm

You can just be texlaxed if perm works for you. for me perms have never worked so being natural just happened and was more reasonable. It takes a while to figure out what works for your hair which is why I say if perms work being texlax might be more manageable. You’ll need loads of patience, jojoba/olive oil, water, and again patience good luck 🙂

• Truth

September 21, 2015 at 1:57 pm

There are lots of blogs dedicated to natural hair care online. You will also see people discussing their experience there. I went natural last year November. It is not stressful and it grows rapidly if you give it the right care.

• Babytohcute

September 21, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Thank you.

4. mz Titilitious

September 21, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Wow! I love her hair!

5. Fiona

September 21, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Gorgeous hair!!!oops just noticed that her face is not natural, some make up on it!, I guess we all have some add ons’ to enhance our beauty and that IS JUST okay ,

• Olanma

September 21, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Your point?!
      Your comment is very out of place and unnecessary.

6. Great Lady

September 21, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Pls is this all her hair?

7. Fiona

September 21, 2015 at 1:01 pm

@ Olanma My point is : I am just trying to educate women that you are okay having natural hair and you are okay having relaxed hair, just do you!!..After all we are not all completely natural. I have noticed a recent movement making people feel guilty using the ‘creamy crack’ as it is called.and its quite imposing.. No need for such analysis on hair, we are not our hair ooo Bottom line, DO you, just like Mrs T said, whatever decision you make, healthy hair is key

• Jennifer

September 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

And where in this post was anyone made to feel guilty for having relaxed hair? Girl, you just want to start something. Bye!

• Idomagirl

September 21, 2015 at 4:36 pm

You’re just being bothered unnecessarily. Nobody has insulted or said anything negative about relaxers. Stop trying to start ‘natural vs relaxed’ drama.

• Idomagirl

September 21, 2015 at 4:39 pm

You’re just being bothered and unnecessarily defensive. Nobody has insulted or said anything negative about relaxers. Stop trying to start ‘natural vs relaxed’ drama.

8. Iris

September 21, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Could it also be crochet braids with hot iron-friendly hair? This is a genuine question I’m asking, abeg.
    If it isn’t, is it possible to get crochet braids like this?

• Babe

September 21, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking. To answer your question, those aren’t crochet braids on Teyona. That is all her hair. You could check out her Instagram page for more pics of her, styling her hair differently.

9. luvnaija

September 21, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Madam Fiona but nobody her cuSsed out anybody on perms so hol up!

10. ab!

September 21, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Nothing z as beautiful as a woman natural Hair’ I mean d natural hair look!

11. beauty

September 22, 2015 at 11:02 am

I don’t know why, but natural hair doesn’t please me…She looks good though