News

R.I.P…Former Presidential Candidate Gamaliel Onosode Passes Away

BellaNaija.com

OnosodeFormer presidential candidate of the All Nigeria People’s Party of Nigeria (ANPP), Gamaliel Onosode, has passed away.

BusinessDayOnline reports that Onosode passed away on Tuesday at age 82, and that the news was confirmed his son, Ese Onosode.

The report also states:

Onosode was educated at the Government College, Ughelli and the University of Ibadan, he emerged in the 1970s, as one of Nigeria’s leading educated chief executives, when he was at the helm of NAL Merchant Bank of Nigeria. Over the years, he has risen to become a leading boardroom player in Nigeria’s corporate environment.

He was also a former presidential adviser to President Shagari and a former president of the Nigerian Institute of Management.

1. Ye

September 29, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Oh dear, ha I had to read this here. Rest in peace humble uncle

2. been there

September 29, 2015 at 1:26 pm

May his soul rest in peace

3. Diddie

September 29, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Awwww
    The first time I heard him speak was in a programme in my school,U.I back then and ever since then I looked up to him and admired his qualities…
    May His Soul rest in peace and may God comfort his family….Amen

4. nene+

September 29, 2015 at 2:37 pm

A fine gentleman goes home…… Rest in Perfect peace

5. mia

September 29, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Mr. integrity passes on. This man was an enigma of honesty, integrity and humility. He always appears early to every meeting, i remember your visits to UIBC.

sleep well sir.

6. dupsy

September 29, 2015 at 3:15 pm

rest in peace baba! He was a role model for people like me back then! It is very sad that there are few of him around now.

7. Lonely Girl...

September 29, 2015 at 3:50 pm

All is well, back in the days of Commerce Bank, young me met him at an event with Dad.

His race is ended. ours continues

8. Rest on....

September 29, 2015 at 8:57 pm

What a rare gem!! Sun re o, Baba. You will be missed by many. Your impact was felt wherever you went. You were a man of integrity, always upright and a voice in your generation.
    God keep you and give your family the fortitude to bear this huge loss!!

9. RichyGame

September 30, 2015 at 1:19 am

This is one of the very, very few men I respect in this country. First time I heard him speak I think was 2003 or ’04 in Owerri at Linus Okorie’s GOTNI gig. A true statesman, a reservoir of knowledge, an upright man. Thank you for inspiring me. May God grant you passage.

10. Lateefah

September 30, 2015 at 9:24 am

Whao!!!! R.I.P sir. He was a very humble millioinaire…