Music

Happy 40th Birthday 2Face Idibia! Read Annie’s Message & Watch his 10 Top Videos

BellaNaija.com

2Face Idibia 40
Happy Birthday 2Baba!
The musical icon turns 40 today and we are so excited.

2Face Idibia will be celebrating this major milestone in various ways. As BN revealed, his official biography will be released soon and on Sunday, an All Star tribute concert in his honour will take place in Lagos, sponsored by Star.

The concert will feature blockbuster performances from DJ Jimmy Jatt, Burna Boy, Sound Sultan, Blackface, Seyi Shay, Wande Coal, DJ Neptune, Gbenga Adeyinka and Wizkid in addition to D’Banj, Patoranking, Dammy Krane, Timaya, Gloria Ibru, 9ice, DJ Spinall, Omawumi, DR Victor Olaiya, Vector and many others.

His wife, Annie Idibia shared this sweet message along with a photo from their wedding in Dubai;

Annie 2Face wedding

Happy birthday to the best MAN I know… I love u today n always …?? @2faceidibia1 God bless u my darling .. Eternally Yours..

To celebrate 2Face, check out our Top 10 Fave videos (in no particular order) featuring the man himself!

African Queen

Don’t You Know (by the Plantashun Boiz)

Ihe Ne Me

True Love

Possibility – P-Square & 2Face

One & Only (by the Plantashun Boiz)

Only Me

Implication

Baby Mi Da (Baby Jowo) – Dr Victor Olaiya & 2Face

Raindrops

1. Duni

September 18, 2015 at 9:03 am

My mum is 65, and knows many of your songs! Happy birthday, Tuface. You have genuine talent. We love you. Keep Singing!

2. Taipan

September 18, 2015 at 9:08 am

HBD 2baba, the one who redefine naija music …

3. Sylvia

September 18, 2015 at 9:10 am

Happy birthday Tubaba. God bless you more.

4. silentobserver

September 18, 2015 at 9:24 am

Tuface Idibia is a True Legend/icon. Our Nigerian Micheal Jackson, both have major talent, great performers, Humble, Loved by all., crucified by all as well.However, Micheal was accused of being a pedophile, while Tuface is tagged as father of all nation. Having said all that, all the criticism, negativity, and also appraisal, didn’t deter them both from reaching greater heights. It just shows that no one is perfect.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a great Man.

• Natu

September 18, 2015 at 11:47 am

Are you seriously comparing him to MJ? Even beyonce is not on MJ ‘s status. Abeg compare him with his peers ( Dbang and co). Stop exaggerating his talent. There is nothing spectacular about his artistry.

• jay kay

September 18, 2015 at 12:17 pm

you are just a sad loser. Tubaba is in his own league.

• Natu

September 18, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I am not sad and I am definitely not a loser. I am just keeping it real and I don’t have to suck up and celebrate mediocrity.

5. Kay dollz

September 18, 2015 at 9:39 am

Happy birthday Mr.Idibia,God bless you.Your songs always put me in a happy place,thanks for sharing your talent with us.

• Laraba

September 18, 2015 at 10:05 am

His is truly a legend. Talent on another level. His songs always always puts me in a happy place too. God bless you 2baba.

I pray your latter days will be greater than your former and your next album will be mind blowing.

Happy Birthday

6. DEE

September 18, 2015 at 9:39 am

Happy Birthday Tuface!

Well done for not giving up on your career despite how tough it was for artists back then. And thank you for having al lot of songs with meaning lyrics, they are refreshing and they make your music timeless.

I hope the years to come are better than the years gone.

7. Ada Nnanyelugo

September 18, 2015 at 9:47 am

Happy birthday to Tuface!!!

8. Tiki

September 18, 2015 at 9:49 am

Happy birthday Tubaba!! Away and Beyond was on repeat in my car for 4months, until even my stereo rejected it! Best wishes to you and Annie…

9. Naijaflo.com

September 18, 2015 at 9:50 am

Yeah!!!!Happy Birthday. @ Dee you just said my mind exactly.
    naijaflo.com

10. Samson J

September 18, 2015 at 9:55 am

Happy birthday to him!!

11. vicky

September 18, 2015 at 9:58 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY HERO MANY MORE YRS TO U

12. Anonmymous

September 18, 2015 at 10:02 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to this LEGEND, the only artist who still make music worth it with his lyrics. Greater height Tubaba!!!

13. Moyo

September 18, 2015 at 10:06 am

@DEE and @DUNI, I agree with comments, my mum is 71 and she loves all the songs by Tuface. Happy Birthday Tuface, Thank you for staying true to yourself. Thank God for the talent He has given you and never take it for granted. I wish you all the best in life. Hope you get to read this. Lol

14. aurora

September 18, 2015 at 10:09 am

Happy birthday 2baba. You have stood the test of time. Excelled and grown all round. You defined and redefined music in Nigeria. You never let you private battles deter you. You are a responsible father to your children and never had a malicious comment towards any of your baby mamas. I respect you and think you’re one of the best things since sliced bread.
    Happy birthday dear. God bless you.

15. Nkem

September 18, 2015 at 10:14 am

Happy birthday Innocent Idibia. Keep singing.

16. mz Titilitious

September 18, 2015 at 10:32 am

yay!!!! that’s another hot VIRGO!!!! we rock! HBD LLNP! we are always good at what we do! 😉

17. Bisi

September 18, 2015 at 10:38 am

Happy Birthday Tu babaLicious…. Much love for your work!! More Grease to Ya Elbow and Gods Blessings to you now and always..

18. Tot

September 18, 2015 at 10:50 am

One thing that really strikes me about Tubaba is how humble he has remained despite all the success and fame. Happy birthday bro!

19. Ada Nnewi

September 18, 2015 at 10:53 am

Happy Birthday 2baba!!!!”*whistling..as i polombi your sister…”…Your truly a legend!!!

20. Promise

September 18, 2015 at 10:59 am

Bro we celebrate with u we wish u many more year’s ahead

21. mirabel

September 18, 2015 at 11:04 am

Happy birthday 2baba

22. sept

September 18, 2015 at 11:18 am

September babies naturally ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2Baba I throway salute!!

23. Tosin

September 18, 2015 at 11:41 am

it’s really good that they put up his songs (top videos) to keep the focus on his body of work and our nostalgia. great move. lovely memories.
    happy birthday kiddo.

24. rose

September 18, 2015 at 11:44 am

In my opinion 2BABA is the only musician worthy of recommendation in NIGERIA…. Legend Extraordinaire kai… his lyrics are soooo meaningful…and touches the very depth of your soul…listening to raindrops all over again and am just speechless….damn he is the true definition of an ARTIST. Happy Birthday 2BABA….#onelove

25. Julie

September 18, 2015 at 11:46 am

HBD 2Baba, i rem d day i saw him in Eko hotel he said Hello to me and he did nt pretend lik other celebrity. So Humble.

26. Fashionista

September 18, 2015 at 11:46 am

Happy 40th Tubaba! You are one hell of a talent. what a lovely compilation of songs.

27. eby

September 18, 2015 at 12:30 pm

pls did anyone notice lupita in one of tuface’s video, the dance floor to b precise??? including her mum also.. im so very surprised. men these people have come a long way. mayGod continue to bless your hustle. happy Bday tuface

28. BlueEyed

September 18, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Happy 40th birthday 2face!! No hate today just love! let’s all celebrate this true African hero, he is loved across the continent of Africa and around the world.

29. Nne

September 18, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Tu baba dey here….I have the vibe and I’m getting the feeling. I love your music, remember jamming to your first album straight outta *Compton* (well Law School) and I still spotify you when I can. Happy 40th Tuface, wishing you many many happy fulfilled ones.

30. Ibinabo

September 18, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Happy birthday Tubaba. Have a great and fruitful new year.

31. zelda

September 18, 2015 at 4:42 pm

happy bday Tuface,looks younger than his age

32. mabel

September 18, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Happy birthday Tubaba. I remember the day you kept us waiting in school and then word went round that you were no longer coming. We got ready for bed, a whole lot of us already in bed. Only for us to hear your voice on the public address system at the porter’s lodge around 12 midnight. Ha with just night wears and screaming up and down we ran out of our various rooms. Moremi hall was a crazy place that night. Only you 2baba can get girls to act that way. With various shaks and all , off to sports center to watch you do your thing. Thanks 2Baba for making beautiful music. Love you and have a fun year. Ihe neme

33. deka

September 18, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Happy Birthday Tuface ..many more years to uuuuu

34. Idomagirl

September 18, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Happy birthday to the one and only 2baba! #respect.

September people rock! 😀

35. anbiso.com

September 19, 2015 at 1:12 am

I wished everyday 2baba never grow old, remain young long enough to keep this generation Entertained Happy Birthday ABAMI EDA the second.

36. Omolola

September 19, 2015 at 5:19 am

Happy Birthday to my favourite artiste. A True Legend!!!

37. Ash

September 19, 2015 at 9:30 am

Happy birthday to you 2 papa

38. ATl's finest

September 20, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Happy belated Bday Tuface! U are indeed an amazing artist and Congrats to U & Annie because African Queen have been Over a decade & y’guyz are still hanging in. I remember when U won BET Award for African Queen I screamed just watching & I couldn’t be more proud of U.