News

Zahra Buhari is the Brand Ambassador to the Sickle Cell Aid Foundation (SCAF) | Photos

BellaNaija.com

Zahra Buhari SCAF 2 BellaNaijaZahra Buhari, daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari has signed on to be the brand ambassador of the Sickle Cell Aid Foundation (SCAF).

SCAF is an NGO with a dual mandate, to raise awareness on sickle cell to ensure individuals are able to make informed decisions on their future children and to guarantee that less privileged people with this disorder have access to quality healthcare.

Zahra is no stranger to this disorder as it affects her close relatives, thus she was excited to support this mission. Speaking on this new development, Zahra said,

I was impressed with the amount of work SCAF has been doing with so little resources. I also lost a sister three years back due to sickle cell anaemia, so I know what it feels like losing a loved one. Becoming an Ambassador of SCAF is a way to show my support to those suffering from sickle cell anaemia.

The founder of SCAF, Nkechi Azinge, who was recently awarded by the Queen of England for her philanthropic acts said, ‘ Zahra is a passionate and committed lady who is keen to lend her support in any way possible. We are certain that Zahra’s involvement will help raise exigent awareness and ensure that more sickle cell sufferers get the help they need.

Nkechi receiving her award from the Queen of England

Nkechi receiving her award from the Queen of England

To find out more about the Sickle Cell Aid Foundation and to volunteer, visit their website  www.scaf.org.ng, don’t forget to register to donate blood via www.scaf.org.ng/donor

Zahra Buhari SCAF 1 BellaNaijaZahra Buhari SCAF 3 BellaNaija

Yejide Bello (Vice President Admin), Bashyra Hassan (Acting President of the Sickle Cell Aid Foundation) Zahra Buhari, Brand Ambassador and Simnah M. Sambo

1. ATL's finest

September 21, 2015 at 8:26 am

Ok over to y’all my fellow BN commentators. In my Frank Edward voice * I no fit shout ooo hann*

2. beauty

September 21, 2015 at 8:54 am

okay.

3. nmadeevah

September 21, 2015 at 9:02 am

Very impressive, Good Job Zahra, it’s nice to see u r using your platform positively.

4. nmadeevah

September 21, 2015 at 9:02 am

Very impressive, Good Job Zahra, it’s nice to see u you are using your platform positively.

5. Caligula

September 21, 2015 at 9:08 am

As in… I’m straight but I suddenly got stopped in my tracks by her beauty. Like how is it possible to be that – attractive? Heck, I’d marry her ?

• BN Why?

September 21, 2015 at 11:38 am

BN, re Caligula’s comment, what happened to your vetting process/filter, please? Are you really okay/in agreement with unnecessary expletives and language like this? For some of us who regard this site as a fairly safe environment, coming across that is a shock and very distasteful. Please do better. We know you can.

• Lol

September 21, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Pls sit down somewhere. Close your eyes its not that serious. Its an adult website. Grow up. Please.
      People curse in the real world. You Dont tell them to shut up do you?

6. Prince

September 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

This chic fine sha. good one jor

7. Emeka

September 21, 2015 at 10:14 am

This is a noble thing she is doing, lending her name to an important cause.

Sickle cell surferers shiuld smile. There is now a cure for Sickle cell through Stem cell transplantation from tissue of a healthy sibling. This has been performed on numerous sickle cell suferers in the U.S and they are doing quite well.

I did a story on this last week on my blog at consumernewsng.com. BN please be kind to help me publish this. It might save someone’s live.

• Ada Nnewi

September 21, 2015 at 5:31 pm

It has possible long tern effects on the reproductive capabilities of both siblings due to the involvement of drugs used during chemotherapy….

8. i no send

September 21, 2015 at 10:38 am

kudos to her..i think she lost a sibling to the disease..plus she is very beautiful

9. charles

September 21, 2015 at 11:34 am

Me: mom, Your in-law will be from the north
    Momsi: Are you sure?
    Me: Yes! Final answer,Hausa

10. Laura

September 21, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Beautiful young girls working for positive causes. Love

11. Tkum

September 21, 2015 at 12:23 pm

zahra don dey bleach..

12. Caligula

September 21, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Sorry guys – Pardon me for using a profane word, I got distracted by Zhara’s blinding beauty. One quick question, how is me dropping the F bomb affecting your personal safety? Chill the F OUT -_-

13. Tkum

September 21, 2015 at 1:38 pm

zahra don dey bleach…

14. mJ

September 21, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I’m a sickle cell sufferer graduated frm uni looking 4 a girl to marry but many rejected me, may be we r regarded as underachievers, we can’t do well which to me I cll it another form of stigma. Nd c pple displaying beauty, fashion, thnkn they r helping

• Funmi

September 22, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I pray you find true love soon. Loads of love to u

15. NaijaPikin

September 21, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Great job. Using his position/popularity to promote a notable cause.

She’s a gorgeous woman too

16. Chief Igbonba

September 21, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Good job y’all are doing. Awareness is key. The ignorance on the challenge is much and Nigeria tops the chart on the scd chart globally so you can see why we all to be up in awareness.

The high chief himself is a warrior and I’ve been fighting the challenge positively. Others don’t have the means or simply can’t so they need assistance.

I particularly wants to the Buharis to give support in the form of sponsoring Avascular Necrosis as the fee for it is much. It’s reducing the quality of our lives.

Over and above all, you guys are doing great and we should all keep fighting.

Peace to all.

17. Jimbob

September 21, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Just want to point out that there is no English monarch as the English monarchy was abolished in 1707. Elizabeth is queen of the United Kingdom.

18. DFD

September 21, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Little wonder did we know how God works in people. We r proud of u Bashira Hassan. I pray 4 God’s blessing as u support d sickle cell persons’.

19. Aliyu yeldu

September 23, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Way forward,
    NGO’s are one of the most present entities to support those who are in need of such support and such organisations are the way forward to life in our contemporary world.
    God bless your effort.

20. Anonymous

November 26, 2016 at 8:36 am

Really appreciate SCAF’S initiative but I think they have failed to represent the hidden voices of the predominantly less privileged sufferers whose parents watch their wards groan in pains without a dime to access free health services in their neighbourhood . until every average Nigerians can access free health services as regards sickle cell anaemia can commendable success be achieved. As a parent of a suffer ensure you improve their dietary intakes,natural flavours most especially such as green vegs,cabbage,lettuce,shook etc.liquid intake should be so high&ensure you monitor them under your nose.no boarding house&holidays with families&friends.give them lots of proteins such as fish,eggs.folic acid daily.Pray for them&do a lot of kindness. May God help us.ameen