News

Ex Minister of Education Shekarau Accuses Buhari of Working with Politicians Who Ruined Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

Ibrahim-Shekarau Bella Naija

Former minister of education, Ibrahim Shekarau, is accusing President Muhammadu Buhari of surrounding himself with politicians who ruined Nigeria.

Shekarau gave expressed these sentiments during an interview with Vanguard.

He said:

“Buhari has said that he has come to right the wrongs of 16-year mess by the PDP.  So, I said, ‘Mr. President you are welcome, but be reminded that 10 of those 16 years belong to ex-President Obasanjo.’

He had his eight years and by indirect remote control, two years of late President Umaru Yar’Adua was Obasanjo’s. And Obasanjo was the one who produced Yar’Adua and Jonathan. Until three years ago when they fell out (Obasanjo and Jonathan), Obasanjo was in charge.

Obasanjo today belongs to those who are chief advisers to President  Muhammadu Buhari. Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasiru  El-Rufai, was one of the major hit men of Obasanjo, my former governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, was one of the boys of Obasanjo as well as former Governors Bukola Saraki, Goje and all the rest of them.

They were part of those 16 years which President Buhari was saying that PDP messed up Nigeria, and today because they are APC, they are saints. They are now surrounding the President as his chief advisers. The Amaechis are all part of the PDP.

All the election crisis that President Buhari was accusing PDP of perpetrating were a creation of these people, the same who are with him now.

So what sense does it make that I said you are thief for 16 years, I have come to correct the wrongs that you did and now I am calling you the chief adviser in order to right the wrongs that you committed.

Does it make sense? We are waiting to see how they will come out of this.”

1. ada

October 7, 2015 at 11:20 am

hmmm. I feel u Mr. Shekarau. We can only hope for the best. Four years is around the corner.

2. I no send

October 7, 2015 at 11:21 am

One question I want to ask this man is what difference did he make in his backward state as governor as well as the education sector…..*crickets*…I guess he was part of the 16 yrs of destruction.

• Nne

October 7, 2015 at 12:58 pm

You may be right but he made sense. Majority of the people in APC that are handling the affairs of the county are the same people from pdp, so what change has been made? just a change in party name? I honestly pray Pres. Buhari has good intentions for the country and is focused on the task ahead because the people he surrounds himself with leaves a lot to be desired.

3. nene+

October 7, 2015 at 11:50 am

@you no send.
    Go to Kano and ask who Shekarau is?
    Ask them what Kano was before Shekarau???
    He took Alamajiri out of the road. Kano is a safer state today cos a visionary leaders was their.

I happened to be in Kano then so its not a hearsay.

As regards what he said to Buhari are they true or false???

• charles

October 7, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Look @ you licking shekarau’s ass just because he is against Buhari. You go to the extent of lying about his “phantom achievements” in Kano. I had to double check the name to be sure it is the same Shekarau.

• nene+

October 8, 2015 at 11:08 am

@ Charles please go and complete your home work!!!

Where were you when Shekarau was a governor? I was talking to grownups Charlie!!! Lol

• nene+

October 7, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Was there!

• Biker Chic

October 7, 2015 at 3:04 pm

@I no send, how you can question Ibrahim Shekarau’s pedigree wrt the development of Kano when he was Gov’ has managed to reveal your lack of Nigerian political history. It is not by force to comment.

• Biker Chic

October 7, 2015 at 3:06 pm

…lack of understanding of Nigeria’s political history…*

• I no send

October 7, 2015 at 5:45 pm

@ biker chic you had to comment twice..lol…I’m tired of people whining all the time in nigeria and yet cannot proffer a solution ….gosh lets calm down abeg. I ain’t checkin this post again so pls move on

• Biker Chic

October 7, 2015 at 7:25 pm

I no send, you will not come back becos you don’t know what you are talking about. See, you cannot even read. The Chic did not comment twice but l corrected myself! Ignorant commenters who must comment by force. @Charles, take a break. You do not have to exhibit your ignorance on every post.

• bad one

October 7, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Shekarau didn’t do anything in kano after encouraging corruption. He is one of the worst governors of the history of kano. So please talk about something else.

4. Anon

October 7, 2015 at 11:54 am

Wrong messenger. Wasn’t he in ANPP first and then moved to PDP? They are like two peas in a pod.

The Obasanjo point is correct. Ignore him at your peril. Very relevant in the scheme of things.

5. ElessarisEllendil

October 7, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Shekarau conveniently forgetting the part where he was governor from 2003 to 2011. The Salt is strong in him I’m afraid.

6. Idomagirl

October 7, 2015 at 12:07 pm

He is right tho. I can’t lie.

7. Moi

October 7, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Gbam! Gbamer!! Gbamest!!!.

8. pearly

October 7, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Well, as they said, we waited for four whole months for familiar spirits…*sighs*

9. ako

October 7, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Hello sir, Lets look at your record. What did you do for your people both as a governor and minister. Your accomplishments are so big we can’t see them

10. Lol

October 7, 2015 at 6:26 pm

It seems like we have some cry babies here.
    Who are used to getting their way but not this year.
    I guess a promise was broken and the angry claws are coming out.

11. mabel

October 8, 2015 at 3:08 am

*sigh* only on this my BN blog. Conveniently and deliberately attacking the messenger and ignoring the message. So please go back to the post and read again. Did he call himself a saint? No. Somebody talked about a pdp govt that was in power for 16 years, of course he was a part of that party that brought Nigeria to this sorry state. So like I wonder and you wonder too, he has come out to put his own wondering to the general public, why is Saint Buhari surrounded by these npdp crooks like him that played an active part in the 16 years of ‘pdp destroyed Nigeria’. Can we be sensible without sentiments and just reason like first Citizens of this country? @Charles can you please just read and reason like a tax payer? Your comments are always without reasons when it comes to pmb and it’s quiet irritating. Do you pay your tax? If you do you will reason like one who pays his tax. Is pmb your uncle that people should not say a word against him? Even Obama gets criticized by even democrats sometimes. All these praise singers that will lead one to his death. Awon aye.

12. Hamza Suleja

October 12, 2015 at 9:56 am

Shekarau is also part of the gov’t that destroy this con3. But sincerely speaking, he spoke the truth about this matter.

13. ajani

April 17, 2017 at 3:50 pm

honestly, u are making sense mr former governor

14. ajani

April 17, 2017 at 3:51 pm

honestly, u made good points