News

Shocking! High School Officer Assaults Black Female Teenager – VIDEO

BellaNaija.com

ASSAULT

Incidences of police brutality in the United States appear to be on the rise.

In a new video that has gone viral on social media, a South Carolina school officer is shown grabbing an African-American female high school student from her chair, knocking her to the floor and dragging her across the classroom on Monday.

According to Huffington Post, the officer took the drastic action because the teenager had refused to leave the class, as a result, the school officer was called to intervene.

The officer, who has now been identified as Ben Fields, has been placed on administrative leave.

1. Winnie

October 27, 2015 at 11:13 am

Only administrative leave?

2. tosin adegbite

October 27, 2015 at 11:31 am

God help us….rascism and sexism

3. tolu

October 27, 2015 at 11:47 am

This is evil and no one in that class said a word…..shame on them. And i hope the officer get hit by a bus on his way home. Mad man!!!!!

4. Trudy

October 27, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Not to be mean but, what’s with black folks resisting arrest? U know damn we’ll not to do that. We like to play the race card waaaay too much. He told you to get up, then you do. He’lol read u ur right and then take you away. U resist arrest and expect him to smile with u? Is it dat hard for her to get off her seat. We are quick to pull de race card to have pple sympathize with us, yet we know we damn wrong. If u don’t resist, he won’t man handle u. I’m not saying de officer was right, but this wldnt’ve happened if she had listened

• MEE

October 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm

I get that, but if you look at it another way, what’s the guarantee the officer won’t assault even after following his instructions? After all, cases like that have also been reported.

• Badass nubian

October 28, 2015 at 4:59 pm

what the girl did was wrong quite alright but that doesn’t justify the action taken by the officer. The ideal thing was to take her to the principal’s office or call her parents to deal with her themselves. That officer was deadass wrong

• Badass nubian

October 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm

There are some black people who don’t resist arrest but the police still takes violent actions towards them

5. Trudy

October 27, 2015 at 12:27 pm

He’ll **

6. Wait a second

October 27, 2015 at 3:04 pm

@Trudy, I don’t believe that anyone is trying to pull the race card. The fact is, this young lady is a child* and the officer involved is an adult. In a school environment, there is no such thing as resisting arrest, as a school security officer he legally has no right to arrest her. As a school security officer, he can pull her into the security officer and then call the proper law enforcement, which would be the police department of whatever town the school is located or her parents. The fact that the only other adult in the room see’s absolutely nothing wrong in what was unfolding before his eyes and stood there, is even more disgraceful. When you take race out of it, what you have is an adult male assaulting a female child. *anyone under the legal age of either 17 or 18, depending on the state you reside, is still considered a child, under the law.

• Trudy

October 27, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Honney please. If u have ever been to any high school, especially outside Africa, u know damn we’ll that the kids dnt listen. And she ain’t no kid if what she did had security pulling her outta class. If she had respect from home, she’ll notice that an elderly man was talking to her so she had to show some respect. Hope u teach ur kids to do better to avoid dis. Bye Felicia. U tried tho

• nyclawyergirl

October 27, 2015 at 4:38 pm

This is this particular cop’s 3rd offense. He goes to court in January on a 2nd complaint. It’s people like you who give white police officers the okay to use excessive force against people of color. Until it happens to YOUR child you will think its perfectly fine for an adult to flip a child on her head and drag her across the floor….and that’s the sick part.

• R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

October 30, 2015 at 5:54 am

Not necessarily true. I went to school in the UK, and not only did the students at my school respect their teachers; they also had respect for me as a sixth form teaching assistant on a literacy programme. I never had any issues with rudeness, So people, don’t believe the hype and the stereotype. Furthermore, the teachers showed utmost respect for the students, as well… I’m Naija born and bred, btw

• The real D

October 28, 2015 at 4:22 pm

@ Wait a second, read please before you comment. The COPS, that is. The popo was called. He is a popo and so he can arrest and yes there are police officers on school campuses.

7. Anonymous Joe

October 27, 2015 at 3:28 pm

this is so close to my school how did i not know this.

• Yue

October 27, 2015 at 3:52 pm

On a normal day, I would have said “Instead of facing your studies, You’d rather want to know if a rat was killed in another school shebi? Because you be NTA. See your mouth!” Oh well.

8. nyclawyer

October 27, 2015 at 4:09 pm

@Trudy – were we watching the same video? This CHILD was sitting in a seat! There was absolutely nothing taking place that warranted a CHILD being flipped over on her head by law enforcement. The situation is sick and you want to blame the victim. If a police officer or teacher cannot handle a disruptive child in a more humane manner then they need to find another line of work. Someone needs to toss this cop on his f&%$ing head!

9. Wait a second

October 27, 2015 at 4:37 pm

@Trudy, I actually was born and raised in the states, so I have been to all levels of educational institutions in the states, including law school. I know exactly how children can and do behave in school, I also know a rent a cop when I see one. I am not going to attack personally, as you have done by bringing my “kids” into the discussion. I don’t see an “elderly man” as you put it; the cop here could be nothing more than 25-27yrs old. I hope that if you ever see someone been assaulted, that you won’t judge them as you done this child. Side note, if you don’t want to be challenged on your thoughts, don’t post and it is not personal.

10. tilda

October 28, 2015 at 4:22 am

It’s hard to judge, cause I can only see one part of the story. I’d like to see what actually happened. Why was the officer invited to get this teenager out. Honestly I have met with obnoxious teenagers being disruptive, reading you their god damned rights whilst ignoring the fact that their behaviour infringes on others right. Honestly I have felt like man handling a few of these obnoxious youth but what can you do. If youve ever being on public transport when one of them kicks off or you witness them targetting another kid, youll understand were i am coming from. If this was the case here then I can’t but feel satisfied. some of these young adults have a problem with authority because of how they were parented. When a child is slapped, beaten into submission by parents the child learns resistance to any kind of authority and expects to be beaten into submission. However can’t say what the story is here, but if that youth was being obnoxious and disrupting the educational rights of other kids who left home to learn then Kudos to that officer.and to those playing the race card if you look closely at the picture( there are other videos circulating the internet) there were black students in that class, teacher looked black, non of them said a word in her defence and Why the hell would a white racist officer give a rats ass bout a black kid disrupting other blacks ?. Does not fit a racist profile to me. More like this kid had it coming.

• obinna

October 28, 2015 at 8:37 am

When I saw the video I was horrified and was very angry at what was unraveling before my eyes. It’s human nature to recoil at such brutality. But on second thought I see your point . There are 2 sides to every story. Being a teacher in obodo oyingbo is not easy. Everyday you are terrorised by unruly children some even assault the teacher physically and verbally. The teacher is at the mercy of the student. A teacher is put on administrative leave at the word of a student, some even get accused of sexual molestation Many a career has being lost. This teacher did notting to intervene, I wonder why? Even the students just watched on. The police is not armed. Hummmm. A picture can tell many different stories depending on what angle we look at it. If the girl was threatening people’s life it is the duty of the police to forcefully remove her. I would like to see the fall out of this story. Bella please practice some good junalism give more details . This video is viral . You guys can go a step above linda ikedji blog and do some good investigative journalism. Over to you guys.

11. The real D

October 28, 2015 at 4:39 pm

So, I have read and seen people complain about this. Now, I refuse to pass judgement until I know why. I mean did this girl pull a gun or knife on someone? Did she bring drugs to school? We like to pull the race card and making statements like “no matter what ….” until there is a shooting spree and then we ask why she was not forcefully taken out. That girl was not going to move of her own accord. We are ignoring a couple of things here:
    1. There is a reason she was being kicked out of school and we know it is not school fees since public schools are free.
    2. There is a reason why the cop was called in, that is, school authorities were unable to get her out.
    3. That girl positioned her body so that the desk could her in, so you either damage the desk which will probably end in her getting hurt and property damage . She was not planning going anywhere and believes herself smarter than both school authority and the law.
    4. If anyone has seen the show “beyond scared straight” you will know many of these kids need to be handled with rough hands. The try to use laws and sentiments like this to get away with a ton of cow dung. Then the progress to be liabilities to the society.