News

This 22 Year Old Nigerian-British Vlogger makes $4.5 million a year – Forbes

BellaNaija.com

KSI 1Forbes released its first-ever Top earning YouTube stars list aka the “YouTube Millionaires list” and it is a must read for aspiring and current internet entrepreneurs. We’ll take you through the list, however, it is worthy to note that 22 Year Old Nigerian-British YouTuber Olajide “JJ” Olatunji best known by his YouTube username KSI is on the list!

According to Forbes, he made about $4.5 million (about 900 million Naira) within the last 12 months.
UK-based KSI is described as “a video game commentator, comedian and rapper. Most of his content is targeted at teenagers and young men. He is best known for his YouTube channel, which has, as of October 2015, reached over 10.8 million subscribers with over 2 billion views!
He started on YouTube in 2006 and has grown since then. Right now, most of his uploads average over 4 million views. Though born in the UK, his parents (who he has featured on his page) are from Nigeria.

Most of his money is made through YouTube’s Partner Program and Google Adsense. With additional revenue from brand affiliations and deals. The stated amount is after taxes and manager fees.

His hip-hop single “Lamborghini” reached number 30 on the U.K. charts in April.

Click HERE for the full feature.
Others on the list include Michelle Phan who does makeup tutorials, Benny & Rafi Fine who make funny videos and Rosanna Pansino who displays cooking tutorials.

1. Carphy

October 22, 2015 at 8:43 pm

No wonder we have more bloggers than students in Nigeria!

• Sky

October 23, 2015 at 1:08 pm

‘@Carphy, we ‘Have more bloggers than students in Nigeria’? how please?

2. Fani

October 22, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Wow, happy for him.

3. missatl

October 22, 2015 at 8:46 pm

My father God people are making millions pls show me the way to get wealth according to your promise amen.

4. zizi

October 22, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Parents come & see! Stop complaining when we stay on the Internet 24/7. Some of us are actually earning money while online.

5. p

October 22, 2015 at 9:23 pm

he deserves it oh.. this guy has been vlogging for years… glad its paying off!!!

• Manny

October 22, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Especially given the adversity he’s faced. I remember when his channel was shutdown and he had to start over, when EA banned him from their conventions, and his GF cheated on him with some other YouTuber. Meanewhile, UK media were accusing him of misogyny and extolling Zoella as their darling as opposed to him (who has more subs than her and her brother combined). It goes to show that hard work truly pays off.

• Manx

October 22, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Especially given what he’s gone through. I remember when hes channel was shutdown and he had to rebuild it, when EA banned him from their conventions, when his ex cheated on him with some other lad. Meanwhile the British media brandished him (especially on Reddit) as a misogynist, and Zoella was paraded as the darling of YouTube-UK (although KSI has more subs than her by at least 2 million). It goes to show that hard work truly pays.
      BN, abeg let my post go through this time.

6. oh-oh

October 22, 2015 at 9:35 pm

And some people are still wondering how Linda could have made so much from her blog alone – there is plenty of money to be made online people, the internet has made many billionaires

• You know

October 23, 2015 at 9:40 pm

don’t be deceived. linda didn’t buy a house from blogging. This guy made money from you tube partner programs and google. What linda does is totally different. She only makes money from advertisement. Come to think of it , how much really is does it cost to advertise on her blog that she is banking 350-400million on a house and luxury goods. Nigerians kindly do the math……….. It is good to have a known source of income but it does not equal that is the source of wealth

7. Eni

October 22, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Ms. Linda Ikeji should learn a thing or two from him instead of busy making noise about the new home she just got. You’re not the first to make it as a blogger and won’t be the last my dear.

Please adopt a level of privacy in all you do Ms. Ikeji.

• say what

October 22, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Just because you are just knowing about him does not mean that others didn’t know about his wealth…..#shiftabeg

• Kezhia

October 23, 2015 at 12:19 am

She worked hard for it, let her show off her success. If it makes you unhappy dont look.
      FYI, he brags about his car and house as well, there’s a video of it on YouTube.

• miriam

October 23, 2015 at 3:28 am

To all the FOOLS and linda – saying she WORKED HARD FOR IT

Give me 5 bullet points HOW SHE WORKED HARD FOR IT. Which of the articles on her blog did she not steal from somewhere.

I challenge you to tell me.

• DEE

October 23, 2015 at 10:59 am

@Miriam Why does anybody need to list out anything for you? It can be lucky, it can be hard work, it can be whatever people decide to call it. She has the money, whatever conclusion you have reached about it wouldnt change a thing. Don’t let it disturb you so much…..its not about you.

• GodsChild

October 23, 2015 at 11:39 am

@ Miriam, A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance; but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken (Proverbs 15;13)..form Linda creation GOD knew what he was doing. Your own blessing is on the way, but first don’t be judgmental on someone’s blessing…the last i checked there are a whole lot of richly blessed folks out there doing far better that Linda. Work hard for your blessings and let me see if you wouldn’t flaunt?

• Neharra

October 23, 2015 at 2:00 am

Linda doesn’t seem like a person who likes to show off. What I got from her showing photos of her home was motivation and encouragement to everyone that we could all one day achieve our dreams. She was sharing her joy with her blog readers who have watched her journey from the beginning and as an ardent reader of her blog for the last couple of years I can appreciate how far she’s come. Just join and be happy for a person’s journey ohh it’s not always about negativity.

8. mary

October 22, 2015 at 10:20 pm

everybody would soon start Vlogging. why would they want to go to school now when they can easily get a laptop and sit at home all day and make millions. no wonder we are getting a lot of them at BN

9. chi-e-z

October 22, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Abeg KSI 2 crazy 2 be claiming he from his own country oh no be mine 😀

10. Ani

October 22, 2015 at 11:42 pm

@ Eni, my dear jealousy is a bad spirit. Why don’t you pray to God and tell HIM to bless you? Linda can flaunt her wealth however she wants it, because it’s all hers. It’s nobody’s business.

11. Ndubuisi

October 23, 2015 at 12:21 am

Congrats to KSI I have being watching his vlogs since 2013 the guy is a creepy funny like me that is why I subscribed to his channel not to forget his younger brother is even great at his YouTube channel his content is crazy good as well last time I checked his YouTube channel is close to 5 million subscribers. This got to show that If you want something in life you will get it. As long as you want it as the same level that you want to live.

12. OBSERVE

October 23, 2015 at 12:27 am

@eni..pls SHUT IT…..like u won’t make noise if u were her….na ur type dey make noise over ordinary Samsung galaxy talk more of mansion…

13. Miss_Flygerian

October 23, 2015 at 12:30 am

His brother (comedyshortsgamer) also has a huge subscriber base. About 5 million subs, I think.

14. miriam

October 23, 2015 at 3:26 am

Linda COPY CUTS AND PASTE
    she is not doing any hard work
    These Vloggers are doing the hard work so abeg make us hear word
    What is so hard about copy cut and paste
    How many times have you heard her speak or write a whole researched article on her own without copying cutting and paste. Abeg shift.Mschewwwww

• GodsChild

October 23, 2015 at 11:31 am

Dear Miriam,
      I’d start by saying have yourself some good time and Read/Reflect on the following bible Pages (If you’re a Christian) Proverbs 17:22 and Proverbs 15:13 never judge people for what you don’t really know cause in the end your will end up with more shocks and bitterness.

Stay happy and celebrate others no matter!

• GodsChild

October 23, 2015 at 11:32 am

typo **in the end you will***

15. GirlyGirl

October 23, 2015 at 3:40 am

i watched his video for the irst time today and could only last 5 mins
    What with all the profanity and FKING this, FCKING that, fuck fcuk fuck.
    Seriously. How classy. I dont get it.

Personally as a female (who is into hair and stuff) the one person i watch often and never bored is PEEKMILL

All the other folks I subscribe to i hardly watch .Ksi, i will be damned if i ever sub to some one like that who talks so much profanity.

PeekMill is my defnition of hard work and I am glad she is making money. The other vain one like beautybjj i dont care for.. The vanity just exudes.

16. word

October 23, 2015 at 7:15 am

Ride on brothers and sisters, we are in an era that if you are hardworking, a believer and smart you can start laying the foundations and in 10-15 years you will have yourself an empire. It is possible for everyone of us. start by asking yourself, what is a problem i recognise, what can i do to solve this, can i do it online or ofline or both. can i also generate renevenue…. ask that question at least twice a week as you go on with your daily life and be observant, one day you will observe something that will spark an idea based of a problem and you will somehow think out a solution by yourself or with help. its now up to you to believe and be passionate. invest time and be patience. I am on my way to forbes list no doubt. I know God’s got me, I am thankful to him that i have gotten my million dollar idea plus more ideas. more importantly, I am contributing to my society. In 2-3 years I know I will be on forbes. when it happens i willl come back to bn to testify lol and of course in the house of God and lastly by giving. I just launched an online company. I look at it and i see God’s wonders because i now undestand he has given me a ticket to my destination of abundance. so pleases dont think its impossible for you. dont stop having crazy and interesting ideas

• kemi

October 23, 2015 at 10:20 am

I love your spirit!

17. ke

October 23, 2015 at 8:00 am

LINDA WHO?????

18. Edwin

October 23, 2015 at 8:22 am

Small boy already counting in millions of dollars. This one will not know anything like poverty throughout his life time.

Counting in millions at a very youthful age is one of the best things that can happen to any individual in this planet. and KSI is already one of those people. Big up boy and groove your cash to the extreme. Na God Win

19. kristin

October 23, 2015 at 8:46 am

All these linda does copy and paste comments sef, copy and paste got her a mansion in banana island. You might want to try it. #dontbeaplayerhater.

20. kristin

October 23, 2015 at 8:48 am

Ehen, Mr Olatunji, more power to your elbow jor.

21. m

October 23, 2015 at 9:01 am

I know you are pained start your own copy and paste blog . let’s see how it goes. She is not hardworking. You hard worker let’s see what u got.

22. Ewa

October 23, 2015 at 9:02 am

People be beefing Linda ikeji. Wetin be una own? Did you come to this world cos of her? Don’t face your life and think about how to be fulfilled. Be worrying your brain over her wealth. Nigerians always taking panadol over someone else’s headache. How has talking about her made you a better person? Has it put food on your table? Has it taken care of your family? Has it made you a fulfilled human being? Why don’t you face your journey and leave hers to her? If her success does not fit your notion, please waka pass. There are so many people in the world to get hung up on one individual. We have overflogged the issue to the extent that the she’s moved on and probably planning on acquiring another house. Na wa..

23. Alexander Mccathy

October 23, 2015 at 10:13 am

If he has made money from vlogging, good for him and he obviously has paid his dues. People like to sit and complain about other people’s success, whether they steal content, copy and paste, download other people’s work blah blah, at least they are busy doing something N making good money from it, rather than sit here and hate, go do something that would make people proud about you.

24. kemi

October 23, 2015 at 10:23 am

There are quite a number of Nigerians doing extremely well on youtube and raking in serious cash! Patricia Bright, Peakmill, Enibaby4 (Verygoodbadgurl), Jenny Jenkins(beautybyjj), Jackie Aina etc………… I am really proud of them
    Nigerians are really smart people…

25. Yue

October 23, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Before everybody runs to “blogger” to go and create a blog lol, I have a little piece of advice abeg.
    I almost lost my breath too when I saw N900000, but I had to take it in.

From a few comments, it shows this 22yr old has struggled, put in enough time, effort and so much energy in raising this blog. His blog was shut down but he still continued. What I’m saying is this kid has found his niche, He DID’NT start that blog for the money alone, nah. He was doing what he loved and it’s paying off.

Linda Ikeji might come across as an illiterate to some very bitter people, but she is far from that. Asides blogging, she does pretty much all everyone else can do (bath, do chores, travel, study etc) Blogging is what she loves, not just blogging, but blogging about things she loves (entertainment, gist etc)it’s like her career.

People see her blog and what she has done and like to say “so this woman just copy and paste and got all this cash eh?, well even if that’s the case, God just wanted to bless her, that’s why she got that house”.
    That is a fat LIE! If you read linda’s post on her home, she talked about how she stays up even at night to blog, spent so much time connecting to people etc. But the part Linda didn’t tell you, which is all obvious is how She is shunned and bashed by plenty celebrities and others for posting a news that concerns them on her blog, Can You handle that? How she blog was shut down severally, same as this guy and they have to gather it up and still try to make it work, can You handle that?
    Lastly, there is a whole loooooooooooot of competition as literally everybody now runs a blog on these very same thing or something similar. Who cannot run a blog and post the same things linda posts?
    Anyone with the knowledge can, but Linda still doesn’t push out, she’s still in the game. Can You handle the competition?

What am I saying? :These people didn’t just wake up one day and made so much, they worked their butt off, their money is a product of their time, energy, effort, commitment and focus. We all have these things, if we find our own niche anywhere and put in energy, focus, time, effort and commitment, we can also achieve this much.
    So it’s not like they didn’t work for it, they did! And what You see now is the product. So before you finally visit blogger, ask yourself : Can I handle it?

26. GodsChild

October 23, 2015 at 12:34 pm

@Yue..Thanks for this! You’re absolutely correct about the bash and snubs she gets from celebrities for writing about them…but she never mentions it (she has a thick skin), i wouldn’t continue if i were in her shoes though, especially, seeing and reading on how humans like you hate you for nothing!
    I have learned to grow each day to be happy and merry with people. My GM got married at 37 2014 and she’s 5 months pregnant today…i haven’t seen her in weeks…unto 3 days ago…you should see the awe on my face..I was thankful to GOD and glad for her…not even mentioning of how her enemies are timing her progress?
    We should learn to reduce jealousy and hatred in our lives!

27. GodsChild

October 23, 2015 at 12:36 pm

typo ***until**

28. Yue

October 23, 2015 at 1:33 pm

GodsChild, I’m glad you get the gist. One time like that (I was following stella’s blog) and saw how she posted a news about one celeb like that, and the person unfollowed her on twitter. It’s not easy at all. You automatically become a “social person” from all You do on your blog. People judge you like those celebs, they hate, they yeall, they bash. If blogging isn’t your thing, biko, abeg don’t put yourself there. I’m not trying to scare You. No, don’t leave your dreams because of the fear of what people will say, But if it isn’t your thing, Don’t waste your precious time.

29. Bobolink

October 23, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Clearly, I’m in the wrong profession.

30. missatl

October 23, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Don’t be a follower or you will be frustrated. If that is not what God has layed in your spirit to do and you are after the money linda and others are making, you will crash in frustration of going no where and earning nothing. Ask God for the gift he put in you or passion he wants you to pursue…God said your gift will make room for you. ALSO for them who say linda copies and paste and she’s not the only blogger so why does she make all this money, 1. It refers to my stt about let God be the one to show you and don’t be a follower like the rest. 2. IT IS written, THE BLESSINGS Of the Lord’s makes you rich and adds no sorrow…so he may tell you to sell broom and your broom becomes sort after…you can never comprehend the ways God blesses, it marvels people, that is the business of God. But first y’all, come clean with God and live a clean and honest life in his word, wait 9years(9 is number of birth)(patience to test your heart) and see what you become and see your story go global …I am on my way to my way to my 9years of explosive unimaginable blessing, thank you Jehovah God!!!

31. Mr900

October 23, 2015 at 6:08 pm

KSI finally made it to forbes, Dude drives a Lamborghini, stays on the top floor of the most expensive apartment in Uk, met Ronaldo! Omo mhen…. whatever you love doing keep doing it! That’s how passion turns to profession. I’m not a fan of him though I prefer his brother ComedyShortsGamer he’s more respectful, hope he makes it to the top too, he’s already there I guess. Parents need to learn from these guys mom and dad, the way they support them on their channels will make you wna change your parents, even though they go too far sometimes but hey they proud Money keep coming.

32. Concerned 9ja

October 23, 2015 at 8:13 pm

That’s how Rhianna had a T-shirt on say School sucks..now tell me what would people do with their millions if nothing is being produced to spend it on…Cars..Houses..Infrastructure…preserved food…medical advice. ..surgery..Tech platform for vlogs and blogs…all these facilitated throughsome form of education..

33. Prince

October 24, 2015 at 1:53 pm

These people are damn making some cool cash o. I need to start something also.

34. Ikido

October 24, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Didnt Forbes list 50Cent as one of the top 5 richest rappers just a few weeks before he announced in court that he was broke? Seems like we need a big bag of salt to go with anything Forbes brings out. #JustSaying

35. #CelebrityTell

December 14, 2016 at 11:19 pm

So Inspiring.

36. wisdom edeji

May 31, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Seriously 4.5 million dollars isn’t 900 million naira is about 1.6 billion or even higher