Style

BN Pick Your Fave: Tonye Garrick & Jennifer Obayuwana in FIA Factory

image

Yay it’s our first BN Pick Your Fave for the month of November and special thanks to that BN Reader who pointed it out!

Today we’ve got music star Tonye and Executive Director of Polo Avenue, Jennifer Obayuwana in Fia Factory.

We love the chic ways these two stylistas made the outfit their own.

Tonye rocked the FIA factory ‘Agbada’ set  with a white box clutch and a pair of white sandals.

Tonye

Jennifer Obayuwana took a bold step and rocked her FIA Factory outfit without the trousers. She paired it with a Les Petit Joueurs bucket bag and a pair of Dolce & Gabbana shoes.

Jennifer Obayuwana 1 Jennifer Obayuwana

Which look is your fave?

1. Spicey

November 6, 2015 at 11:57 am

Tonye of course!!

2. tee

November 6, 2015 at 11:59 am

jenifer please just one advice…….less is more……

• @ tee

November 6, 2015 at 1:02 pm

More like more is more, if there was any less in Jennifer’s photo she would be in her birthday suit.

3. i

November 6, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Jenny rocked it!

4. kanyin

November 6, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Tonye!!!! *lovestruck* #nohomo

5. quirky

November 6, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Tonye is so pretty, she seems nice too. i will like to be friends with her.

6. Priscilla

November 6, 2015 at 12:56 pm

BN you’re so mean lol. This is clearly not Jennifer’s best look.

7. Priscilla

November 6, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Meanwhile you should really consider using polls on posts like these so that we can easily vote and clearly see the winner. Not everyone has time to comment.

8. thatafricanchic

November 6, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Jennifer sure knows how to mess up outfits

9. More (clothing) is more, please.

November 6, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Ms. Garrick.
    1. Because she is covered up and does not look indecent and cheap.
    2. Because her look looks more elegant.
    3. Because she doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard (unlike the other).
    4. 1 contributes greatly to 2 & 3 but but apart from that, her look just is more elegant and attractive. The other is repellent and simply makes you pity the person.

I don’t know either of the ladies, and I stating things bluntly in the hope they both see things for what they are and make changes. People can be so fake, and tell others, friends, etc, how wonderful, how fashionable, how stylish, even avant-garde they look, and then go laugh at and mock them behind their backs. I’m tired of all this nakedness and indecency, and yes, I do like fashion and do dress stylishly in Nigerian designers and western clothing and hardly a day passes (and I tell no lie, truly practically EVERY day) someone, and often more than one person, (mostly women and girls, including perfect strangers often) will come up to me to admire something on my body if not even my entire look, either my jacket/top, skirt, shoes, bag, hair, all look and very often total strangers included come up to ask to take my photo (I had to agree for my bank manager but I insisted they did not include my face) or rather the photo of my clothes to give their tailors to copy and even my shoes to look for and buy. It is NORMAL for me to go out and women come up to me, even much older, perfect strangers, and say to me “You will remove this your jacket and give me before you go.” or “You will bring this your jacket/top/dress/shoe/skirt for me next time.” People often ask me if I am a designer.

I have not yet started wearing haute couture from Milan and Paris and New York, that is not my point. I just want to make it clear that being anti-indecency and immorality and pro-modesty, decency, virtue and morality does not automatically mean there is a no make-up, no lipstick, no weaves, no jewelry, longsleeved to the wrists, high-neck maxi or adire kaftan, boubou or iro and buba-wearing, natural hair in suku religious fanatic behind this post.

My skirts and dresses are knee-length at least, actually on my knee, I don’t show cleavage, I hardly wear sleeveless dresses, I wear mostly short or cap sleeves, a few times, I may sometimes buy clothes (Nigerian designers and western high street, and high street designers) that the design shows some cleavage but I take them to very good tailors to use embellishments eg. beads, stones, sequins, etc to cover those places/cutouts up; I do the same with dresses that are really nice but just a bit too short, I have tailors buy good lace, leather, accessories and add on to the length with very good stitching and finishing and people never know the clothes did not come like that; same thing with clothes that come with lining that is too short, stops halfway down the skirt or dress so that half the thighs are exposed, or with full lining but the lining fabric is too thin such that people can still see through especially when the wearer is standing in direct sunlight and you can see everything, I just have a tailor add more, or the right lining. I don’t sew clothes, I buy ready-made, both Nigerian and western; I use tailors (both in Nigerian and abroad) just for alterations. I think if as a woman you have time to shop for clothing, to fix weaves, do nails, buy fabrics, choose tailors, sew, go for fittings, do the things women do, you have time to ensure your fashion/clothing is decent. I have lost absolutely nothing in fashion credits and more importantly, style, neither in admiration from men (I even have men coming to compliment me and ask for the information of my tailor or where I shopped so they can take their wives there, and I have had to write down information or describe directions in detail) and women, of all ages (ALL), bank balances and fashion, by doing so.

• bunny

November 6, 2015 at 1:16 pm

im lost- is this a comment or a post

• Ocean Beauty

November 6, 2015 at 2:19 pm

It’s an article

• whocares

November 6, 2015 at 1:23 pm

beht…. no one asked you what you do na.. BN only said “pick your fave” shikena. You now came and wrote an epistle on top agbada dress. issorait. looool

• Janet

November 6, 2015 at 1:37 pm

This writeup is too much I didn’t even read half. Shuoooo.

Anyway is it even a question BN? Tonye looks best of course. The jennifer babe fall hand.

• fynefidel

November 6, 2015 at 1:43 pm

lol

• tannie

November 6, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Guy calm down.
      BN simply said pick 1, not write essay

• mrs chidukane

November 6, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Chineke ekwela ihe ojoo! Roflmao!

• Member

November 6, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I never hesperred this!!!!

• Beht why

November 6, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Ok nne anyi ukwu of “falshun”!

November 6, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Wowzer, all because of a “Choose your best” post? Tried to read it the long epistle, but mba, I no fit.

• Wozzalldis?

November 6, 2015 at 4:53 pm

So you wrote this epistle to the Galatians all to say what? Because this your magazine column has no head, tail or middle. Pick one and go your way, no. You have to inform people in a long, badly punctuated essay that you’re a modest dresser. Okay so what should we do? Knack our head on the ground abi? Gerrarahere please.

• Tari

November 6, 2015 at 5:51 pm

you need a personal blog.

• Chi

November 6, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Ewo! LOL… Epistle things….
      Please come and assist me na… lets use your skills for my MBA essays 🙂

• labelle

November 8, 2015 at 1:05 am

Clap for yourself. All this story on top Agbada dress!!! LMAO!!! issorai.

10. bunny

November 6, 2015 at 1:15 pm

do you even gotta ask? tony killed it!

11. concerned

November 6, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Oh Jenny! I hear you’re really nice and all but your clothes tho! I…(sad sigh)
    Tonye rocked it better, BN

12. chi

November 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Why doesn’t Jennifer ever get it right? “Sigh”

13. abby

November 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm

All i see is the cute baby

14. Bey

November 6, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Jenny is egun gun calabar……….like dey use to say in nursery school. I like her but she over accessorises, her dear friends pls advice ur friend na.

15. luvnaija

November 6, 2015 at 4:01 pm

@moreis more clothing: Your write up is more than the two agbadas combined! Vote which look is better? TONYE

16. Esther

November 6, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Tonye

17. Laolu

November 6, 2015 at 4:17 pm

This BN sef. How do you expect Jennifer to feel if she sees this post now? Like sometimes Pick your fave section makes sense and other times, i fear it’s just to spite people. Sigh

Tonye looks lovely as always. Jennifer is with her baby! I can’t hate but she could have done better

18. Martha

November 6, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Tonye . I love her sense ofstyle. Most times on the conservative path.

19. Soks

November 6, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Tonye the Fashion Killer!!! Better Pikin

20. SugaMama

November 6, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Jennygurl!
    So over babes trying to rock Agbada.

Jenny for Vice President abeg,

21. emeraldish

November 9, 2015 at 10:36 am

this Jennifer woman needs a stylist urgently, a clear example of money can buy fashion but not style