Style

Yay or Nay? Bolanle Olukanni channels Janelle Monae with new Hair

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Bolanle Olukanni

Bolanle Olukanni was one of the hosts for the night at Yemi Alade‘s Bland2Glam collection launch.

The stylish media personality went with the theme of the night which was capes and she channeled Janelle Monae with her outfit – Dress by House of Kaya, Hair by Tasala HQ and Make up by Buchi Akpati.YAC Hosts (4)

IMG-20151106-WA0015 YAC Hosts (1) YAC Hosts (6)

She finished off the look with a high ponytail that ended on her lower back.

We love her look, styled by Jane Michaels, and it is definitely a YAY! from us.

Second host of the night, Maria Okan also looked gorgeous in her cape outfit. She rocked a Cape by Sisiano, Skirt by Maju, Shoes by Zara, Makeup by Stephanie Ani, Beauty and Hair by Maria and Accessories by Bland2Glam.

IMG-20151106-WA0000 IMG-20151106-WA0001 IMG-20151106-WA0012 YAC Hosts (3)

Photo Credit: Buchi Akpati

1. Ese

November 6, 2015 at 11:31 am

Yaay!!! Bolanle looks so good

• ao

November 7, 2015 at 4:34 am

She’s dressed like a character from Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

2. babes

November 6, 2015 at 12:13 pm

yay for me! good risk from Bolanle 🙂

3. kanyin

November 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Yay!!! To bolanle.
    I don’t like maria’s footwear tho. But every other thing looked fab!

4. bruno

November 6, 2015 at 1:13 pm

u ripped off another person’s style and u call ur self stylish, okay oh

bolanle doesnt have the presence or style power to pull off such a dramatic outfit

to me, this bolanle girl has this local razz look. no matter what she wears, she will always look local and razz in my eyes. I’m sorry, that’s how I feel. bellanaija I know she’s ur baby.

• Olivia Ruth

November 6, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Oh Bruno, sounds like you have been sippin’ on some haterade. Hope you don’t choke on it!

Thank God you said in YOUR eyes.

Bolanle like all young ladies in her business will have days when onlookers will have a lot of good things to say and days when onlookers will not have as many good things to say about something they have on – that’s’s the business baby!

In MY eyes, the words ‘razz’ or ‘local’ are not words that Bolanle can be associated with. Period.

• T

November 6, 2015 at 3:39 pm

@Bruno, you might not even know this but your mentality and everything that has to do with you must be razz, for you to see Bolanle as ‘razz’, remember it takes one to know one…your negative attitude has so much consumed you that you can’t even see anything good in anyone, it’s such a shame, seek help ok, you need one urgently…Bolanle looks damn GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

• adisa

November 6, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Are you kidding,just mention one thing that screams local from Bolanle,is it from her accent,or beautiful cloths,or social network presence.For me she is presently my best dressed female host or celebrity in Nigeria.Did u see al her dresses from hosting project fame.

• PD Young Billionaire

November 7, 2015 at 5:43 am

Oya Bruno release ya own foto make we see…….

5. bunny

November 6, 2015 at 1:18 pm

nah..not feeling the hair..and pls Janelle’s hair is a work of art from beginning to end..

6. arin

November 6, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Both ladies look stunning

7. D

November 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Woli agba mbo ooooo……….okbye

8. promx

November 6, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Bolanle is my girl but that hair is messy AF….hair stylists should learn to be thorough. Whatever worth doing should be worth doing well.

9. Tari

November 6, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Still struggling to see the Bolanle style that is often parroted on this pages.
    No knocking her personality but not a fan of her style.

10. mrs chidukane

November 6, 2015 at 2:30 pm

The hair-do no follow and the dress is a no no from me. Very poorly executed knock off!

11. ENNY**

November 6, 2015 at 2:31 pm

I really hate it when someone holds up their outfit on a red carpet. It’s my pet peeve. Like why you gotta pick the dress up and hold it out or you dunno what else to do w/your hands. Smh

12. Tuu

November 6, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Even though i don’t subscribe to Bruno’s bashing. I must state though that he does have a point. Bolanle doesn’t have that fierceness to pull this look. I feel as though the media is making her try things out of her comfort zone, which is good but this is too far, it should be a gradual process. Still love me some Bolinto!

13. Edogirl

November 6, 2015 at 3:41 pm

My next hairstyle?

14. Beeeee

November 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm

I’m a fan of Bolanle but no to this outfit and the hair. She almost looks like willie willie with the outfit (my old school port harcourt folks should know him…lol). Willie Willie was a ghost in one of our childhood shows. The hair has overwhelmed her entire face. Almost like the hair is wearing her. Wrong move style wise. As for Ms Okan, love the combo but why those shoes? The shoes cheapened her look.

15. ejiro

November 6, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Yay to the hair and makeup and nay on the dress.

16. Ibinabo

November 6, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Too dramatic for the event jor.

• Dee one

November 7, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Thank you, exactly my thought… She looks good but I think the outfit was too much for this event.

17. Temi

November 6, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Bolanle looks great. However if not on point..best not to take close up shots. The hair is nice from afar..take a closer look and it’s not so great the stylist needed a stiffer hair type. The cape also looks nice from afar but thatyolky cream close up washes her out. Overall great effort..but details details.

18. Azureblue

November 6, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Nah… the dress looking like she about to fly and the old lady hair isn’t working.
    Great concept but it didn’t work. This isn’t a scene in Clash of the Titans abeg.

19. prince

November 6, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Chai @Bruno, why na. Bolanle always represents, no matter what she wears. She nailed this look na. Bolanle is bae

20. Bade

November 6, 2015 at 6:24 pm

No, Bolinto. You gat this one wrong this time. Still luvs you though.

21. Sadia

November 6, 2015 at 6:49 pm

What’s wrong with y’all??? Bolanle looks lovely .plixx all you bush and local Nigerians your hair looks yeb times better when it has this imperfect

• Beeeee

November 6, 2015 at 7:46 pm

If you just breathe, relax and type your response, you would not have so many errors. I can’t even understand half of what you wrote. All I see is the “bush and local Nigerians” …. So people having different opinions from yours makes them bush and local? My dear, if everyone had the same opinion, we would be robots. You think she looks good, fine…. Others think she missed it this time, fine too. No need to insult anyone.

22. Sadia

November 6, 2015 at 6:51 pm

,natural look to it. Too perfect hair that looks like it belongs on a barbie screams artificial.beauty should look as natural as possible.so plsss theres nothing wrong with her hair.you guys are too critical

23. Sadia

November 6, 2015 at 6:52 pm

*ten times better

24. Mma

November 6, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I love bolinto but this is a no no. Dress looks cheap (very cheap) and the hair looks like a kindergarten class project. I blame her stylist. Everybody wants to be a stylist these days.

25. leigh

November 9, 2015 at 9:33 am

she is gorgeous. it’s a big YAY from me.

26. well

November 9, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Dear Bolanle’s PR team, there’s such a thing as over exposure and if you push it a little bit farther, people may begin to dislike home girl. Ask Eku, she has a tale or two to tell.