Style

British Vogue features Temi Otedola & DJ Cuppy as Fashionable Members of the “London-Lagos Jet Set” Club!

Temi Otedola and DJ Cuppy in Vogue December 2015 - BellaNaija - November2015001

The world is constantly evolving into a global village and the fashion industry has played a monumental part in that evolution.

To show how the African fashion industry and the culture of fashion in the UK blends together, British Vogue has featured 2 fashionable Nigerian personalities that are prominent members of “London-Lagos Jet Set” club – Temi Otedola and Florence Otedola a.k.a DJ Cuppy.

In their December 2015 issue, the fashion magazine explores the link between the two cultures, featuring the young Nigerians who have grown up living both in London and Lagos in an article in an article titled “African Ties”.

Dressed in fab fashion – Vlisco, Miu Miu, Nura Khan and more, we see the sisters looking amazing with a few quotes for the issue. They talk on living in Lagos & London as well as the Nigerian fashion that they love to wear.

Temi Otedola and DJ Cuppy in Vogue December 2015 - BellaNaija - November2015002 Temi Otedola and DJ Cuppy in Vogue December 2015 - BellaNaija - November2015004 Temi Otedola and DJ Cuppy in Vogue December 2015 - BellaNaija - November2015005

The issue also has quotes from prominent Nigerian designers, Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber, Lisa Folawiyo & Lanre DaSilva-Ajayi as well as photos of pieces from their recent collections.

To see more, check out the December issue of British Vogue.

1. Bey

November 30, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I think Cuppy represent Nigeria well, and a lot of ppl will come here as usual and spew how they are ‘rich daddys girls’. I don’t think you are created choosing what family you are born into.
    Not every one is going to be a doctor/Engineer/lawyer because people will also say why didnt vogue feature a Nigerian doc/lawyer etc. Vogue is a fashion magazine and these two are young beautiful well educated and rounded girls so I believe they will represent Nigeria well.
    I am yet to hear of any scandal involving any of this two girls.

• Josephine

November 30, 2015 at 4:16 pm

I agree that they’re decent girls. I’m not mad at all that they were chosen.

• ak

December 1, 2015 at 7:01 pm

I agree..

I also think they are very fashionable and trendy…

Fashion exists to shock, is mostly weird, and is typically trendy, and resonates with a few people (Think Alexander Mcqueen / Giambattista)…. While style is resonates well with most (Think a classic black dress by Dior or a fitted black suit with white shirt and black tie)

I wouldn’t consider their style timeless since it is a bit whimsical and edgy… But lets call a spade a spade: those girls love fashion. And i love that they represent Africa well with the twists they do on Ankara, Kente and so many other types of fabrics

• ak

December 1, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Also, Their clothes could be a little more fitted to avoid the cheap looking vibe i get every time i see what they wear…

2. aikay

November 30, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Fashionable keh!!!! I no see wetin dem dey dress oh, they are just THERE…..

3. nena

November 30, 2015 at 3:37 pm

did any body notice the nzu/nixoderm on cuppy’s face?

4. Anon

November 30, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Heavy! Their name attracts…

5. MC

November 30, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I’ve only heard of these ladies on this blog.
    Not in London. Not on the fashion scene.
    Interesting that Vogue knew them and thought they were worthy enough of such.

• Eliza

November 30, 2015 at 9:47 pm

My thoughts exactly. It’s only when I come on Bella Naija that I always see their names. But here in London, they’re not as famous or known as how this blog makes them seem. #imjustsaying

6. Amh

November 30, 2015 at 8:09 pm

AWESOME. Well deserved.

7. hmmmmmmmmmm

November 30, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Well said @ Bey, I could not of put it any better. I love the way DJ Cuppy most time is wearing simple Ankara dress or African print. well done to her, I am a fan.

8. Sadia

November 30, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Bella continue not posting my comment.I asked for a link,is that too much to ask for?ANYWAYS,Temi looks super cute in the spread.I personally dont fancy her style,but i agree that she has good taste.Cuppy too is really doing good but she looks off in the shoot what’s up with her face?Anyways,this is wonderful exposure that is actually POSITIVE for Nigeria.Even though the poverty level in our country is madly terrible,its still commendable that we have internationally recognized tycoons!

9. Kenechukwu

November 30, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Daddy’s money opens doors

10. Nahum

December 1, 2015 at 12:59 am

These girls are always decently dressed, unlike the so called fashionistas whose stock in trade is boobs and ass

11. nnenne

December 1, 2015 at 1:40 am

What I love most about them is that they fashionably cover up, all the time.
    I love to leave a lot for the imagination.
    Don’t show all, give people the room to imagine what you really look like and be fashionable at the same time.

12. ASGRL

December 1, 2015 at 3:38 am

The PR Game in this family is strong. They must know the Kardashians…

• Lmao

December 1, 2015 at 5:54 am

This literally had me laughing so hard!

• Sisi

December 1, 2015 at 8:13 am

Lol!!!

13. Luvbogg

December 16, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Ooo la la! And I see a @tangerine piece from the AFWL collection! ?