Sweet Spot

Have an Unwanted Admirer in the Office? Watch Nkoyo Veronica Efretei’s tips to Handle it

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Nkoyo Veronica Efretei

Having an unwanted admirer in the office can be quite a bother and because it is in the office – a place you go to almost every day – the situation has to be handled carefully.

On EbonyLife TV’s ‘EL Reports’, HR Consultant Nkoyo Veronica Efretei gives tips on how to handle an unwanted admirer in the office!

Ever been in this situation? Share with us how you handled it.

Watch!

1. Ephi

November 6, 2015 at 9:30 pm

The one I find extremely irritating is being winked at in the office, it’s disrespectful in my opinion. I always stare back at the offender with a blank straight face.

2. bride2mum.com

November 6, 2015 at 10:14 pm

There was one guy that was mean to me first of all and all of a sudden he became nice to me and started taking me and my friend out, when I saw where he was going with the outings, I dodge am, then he started being mean again…Maybe he had issues, his aim was to break me by being mean then drag me close, 1920 kind of love

3. newbie

November 7, 2015 at 8:55 pm

To answer Adesola’s question, I have never been in such a situation but if I did find myself in such a situation, I would politely make it clear to the admirer that their advances were unwelcome, and hope that that ends it. If the person continued, I would go straight to HR (having got some evidence if possible cos people can deny when caught).

4. adambano

November 9, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Its really not as clear-cut like that my dear. Trust me I know.

5. Simi

November 10, 2015 at 11:53 am

This tips really make sense. Really, we could be the ones unintentionally leading people on. We need to take out time once in a while to audit our professionalism Thanks @nikkytheminx

6. Nusa

November 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

@nikkytheminx I really dig the pungent delivery. A quick question though, what do you do when the so called unwanted admirer is your Boss? And you really need that job because you are the breadwinner of your family, hence, many mouths to feed?

• Nkoyo Efretei

November 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

When the person is your boss, you will first have to plan an exit strategy to get you your power back if his/her admiration turns sour. Something about planning and knowing there is a way out in the event that **** hits the ceiling fan will relax you and allow you not overreact or overreact – Nkoyo Efretei – Host Elhelpdesk El Reports and HR Consultant

7. gina

November 11, 2015 at 3:23 pm

This is an eye opener as regards how to handle situation’s like this.Though sometimes it sounds difficult as the way we attack the issue can either fuel the admirer or make him or her stop such advances. Very nice one @nikkytheminx

• Nkoyo Efretei

November 12, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Thanks! and yes it’s easy to add fuel. after all who doesnt love an ego boost? But is is a dangerous path to tread so I advise never to lead any one inadvertently – Nkoyo Efretei – Host Elhelpdesk El Reports and HR Consultant

8. Charles Adefila

March 24, 2017 at 12:45 am

Well said.Quite insightful..thanks for sharing.