Music

The Mavin Crew are out with “JantaManta” Video! Watch on BN

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

A couple of weeks ago the Mavin Crew released their latest song called “JantaManta” and now we’ve got the scoop on the video!

The track features Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D’Prince, Reekado Banks, Korede Bello and Di’Ja.

It’s a fun and magical video.

Check on it!

1. Rosie

November 26, 2015 at 3:01 pm

this is really a wack song….video was equally horrible….mavin crew didnt try this time around

• Me

November 26, 2015 at 4:47 pm

I agree with you about the video, I expected more quality from them. There is something very cheap and flat about the video, I don’t know if it’s the terrible acting or I don’t know…lol, I just expected more maybe because I like the song and Don jazzy

• Kaeto

November 26, 2015 at 8:06 pm

This almost felt depressing. I just imagined all of his senior members living the crew because these people amazing but the work felt like laziness to me. So flat. I almost started hating all of Donjazzy songs, from with Mavin because it’s the same old sounds.

• Damilola

November 27, 2015 at 9:02 am

@Rosie

I agree. Rubbish! Rubbish! Rubbish. The whole nigerian entertainment should go on a break. The amount of garbage is too much.

2. anonymous

November 26, 2015 at 4:05 pm

THis is annoying…

3. i think am loosing my teeth

November 26, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Nahhhhhhhh! What happened na, Mavins?

4. BLEH

November 26, 2015 at 4:17 pm

This song is probably the wackest song I had heard this year. They could have just carried local drums and sang like Keggites in school. What is this? The concept for the video is equally irritating. And all the wack ass lyrics! Meh Jeez…. Don Jazzy, if you ever see this comment, PLEASE GO BACK TO MAKING REAL MUSIC. THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP!

5. xplorenollywood.com

November 26, 2015 at 4:29 pm

The magic concept is a difference, but magicians nowadays dont put on all these costumes for their shows. The whole song was just boring, do they all have to have a verse??? In their different tones and voices? Is the Prince a singer or a rapper (dont answer that)??? Don Jazzy, there was a time you singing hooks was the issh, just like DJ Khale and Timberland, your singing fully is something i am still trying to figure out, cause you cant sing!!! #sigh

6. DAME

November 26, 2015 at 4:38 pm

SIGH
    MARVIN CREW…………..i really believe this is another song tobe in the music scene and it wasnot intended to compete for awards and all

Rekaado Banks- ‘ JUST THE TIP” Typical…razz boy razz lyrics

Di’ja seems to be the only one with reasonable lyrics this time….and mos of the times
    Go girl

7. Ruby

November 26, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Rosie you need some sugar in your life.

• Rosie

November 26, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Ruby darling, why are you so pained, kindly stay out of my opinion and comment. Warm regards

8. Mrs. Y

November 26, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I like the Dija part best!

9. Dolly

November 26, 2015 at 5:52 pm

D’ija’s part kinda cool else this garbage is the worst song of the decade. Why make a video for this nasty wacky tune huh. Terrible costume, horrible sound and mediocre acting, Tired Tiwa couldn’t even believe herself if we tried smh

10. Abiola

November 26, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I actually like the song.Video,not so much

11. Hatsoff

November 26, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Flat!

12. deka

November 26, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I love the video…. different concept for naija music video … thumbs up

13. anon

November 26, 2015 at 8:09 pm

The concept of this circus is actually a true rep of the Marvin crew. Weird collection of oddities. Disband already. And Bello get rid of the oily curl. It wasnt cool in 1978!.And the other little fairy needs to man up his appearance.

14. hilda

November 26, 2015 at 8:10 pm

rubbish

15. ATL's finest

November 26, 2015 at 9:48 pm

I actually slept off while listening to this. I didn’t mean to but when I re-watched it, Dija did a great job with her lyrics. Mavin’s crew easy Fellas

16. Anonymous

November 26, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Jisos. Waste of my Etisalat data

17. L

November 26, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Hian! Never heard the song until today watched the video and enjoyed it. What’s the problem people? I thought the video was innovative different from anything I’ve seen in Nigeria.

18. Tee

November 26, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Nope

19. The real Ibinabo

November 26, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Terrible song, this is not music! Anyway I am sure it would soon start trending. You have to give it to Don J, he knows how to use social media to his advantage. Very soon he will start the jantamata hashtag and people would jump on it just like dorobucci, I still don’t get the hype about that song but once Don J started the doro hashtag (#doroengineer, #dorosuperstar etc) people fell in love with the song.

20. ElessarisEllendil

November 27, 2015 at 12:37 am

Don Jazzy is obviously branching off into comedy.

Tiwa sha don’t let Seyi Shay fully take the whole ‘serious artiste’ tag from you, stop letting Dr Sid and D’Prince be negative influences.

Dr Sid, you don born pikin, abeg stop all this frim frim music.

Apple of my Iphone.???? Bruh.

James and I hardly Chase.?????That’s actually impressive!

The song ain’t bad though. Its pretty much what I expect from Afro-Pop.

Jantamata……something something I go kill and go ohh ohh I go kill and go.

21. S

November 27, 2015 at 2:36 am

The song doesn’t offend me, can actually quickly become an earworm. I found Dr Sid the least interesting. I like the magician concept but it didn’t really come together. It’s just another song that’ll peter out soon enough. Naija is the land of disposable creative products anyway, so I guess Mavin know their audience.

22. Viviana

November 27, 2015 at 3:18 am

No m’am…..epic fail

23. Blueberry

November 27, 2015 at 10:40 am

Looove the song, but the video is just a NAAAAY! I mean a simple village/palm wine joint setting would have done the trick.

24. Puzzles

November 30, 2015 at 10:23 am

From now on, I resolve to watch a video before reading comments

I loved the video. I don’t know what you all are complaining about.

Welcome Back, Mummy Tiwa Savage. You look good, Dija, and I love your voice

25. Mbaks

November 30, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Don’t get u guys. Totally love d video.

26. chibex

December 11, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Nobody really appreciates a good work…give the song some credit…at least this is the first time we are seeing something like(circus) in a nigeria musical video and the singing was ok

27. Gold

January 14, 2016 at 9:21 am

all of you wey dey complain!!! what av u done to impress ur neighbour so far…not to talk of ur country as a whole.but u keep complaining abt other peoples effort instead of u to commend dia efforts

28. b-lady

January 15, 2016 at 4:44 am

I dont knw why pple like to criticize