News

Where did it go wrong?! Newlywed Lawyer Allegedly Cuts Wife’s Ear with Pliers

BellaNaija.com

Nonso LawyerA newlywed lawyer Nonso allegedly cut his wife Nwogo‘s ear with pliers.

The couple just got married a year ago – in December 2014, and they have a four month old baby boy. The wedding photos are all on his Instagram page – click here.

Nonso Lawyer 2On the 16th of November, the wife recently ran to a police station as bits of her ear were dangling, after she said her husband came after her with pliers. He attacked her because she had reported his incessant abuse to police.

*WARNING – click here for the graphic photo.*

According to Nwogo’s friend, Nonso had been assaulting her before and during her pregnancy, and she hoped the abuse would stop after the baby was born but it didn’t

The girl carried the pregnancy for 9 months in agony and threats but we thought after delivery he will amend his ways. She had hoped things would change for the better but not until their baby boy, arrived. The day she was discharged from hospital, after a CS operation, he beat her, locked her up and used a knife to stab her.

But she escaped and ran to Rubghe Police Station to report. He was invited but refused to honor their invitation. He later assured them he will show up and was cautioned to maintain maximum peace till he shows up. Eventually, on the 16th of November, he cut her ear with pliers for reporting the abuse she was facing.

According to reports, the lawyer was summoned to the police station but has not shown up yet.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com | Source: Nairaland.com

1. zeezee

November 21, 2015 at 6:55 pm

bellanaija, the guy doesn’t even know he’s on your blog yet. His instagram page is still public. I sharply followed him, make I know as the story go flow. I feel so bad for the lady- so early in their marriage. And with a child that age- I’m sure she’s wondering whether she should leave or stay. Sad.

• mildvoice

November 21, 2015 at 10:41 pm

the man is private now on instagram. It is really sad.I HATE IT when families so through issues like this.

• Mamacita

November 22, 2015 at 6:41 am

He is a lawyer, he should be disbarred. Sinples.

2. teee

November 21, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Hmmmm. Ladies should learn. If he bit you once, he would always do it again. FLEE for your life!

• teee

November 21, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Sorry meant Hit

• jide

November 21, 2015 at 11:11 pm

But husband is husband jor, even if he beats the crap out of you after CS. You know it’s better to have an abusive husband than noo husband at all.

• ATL's finest

November 22, 2015 at 12:54 am

@ Jide U should disgust me & U should be ashamed for that comment of urs. Well let’s see, U have got a mother, Sister, Sis-inlaws, maybe a daughter then U will know how it feels if someone treats them the way U said. “Is better to have an abusive hubby than no hubby”.. Smh

• FasholasLover

November 22, 2015 at 4:17 am

Aahn ahn, @ATL, I believe @Jide is being sarcastic here. Just like me saying she deserves what she got. The man should have plucked out her eyes. Idiot woman. I have no sympathy for foolish women who claim to be educated yet, behave like illiterates in this 21st century.

A man beats you everyday. Beats you on the day you were discharged from hospital after a CS and you still stayed. Ehn now, this is what she was looking for. Let her stop doing “Up do” hair style. Mtscheeeeew.

• hello

November 22, 2015 at 5:07 am

You are very Stupid! I rarely use the word stupid.. but it is the only word that can describe you and the nonsense you wrote. May God forgive you. Idiot!!

• Tee

November 22, 2015 at 8:25 am

Jide is only joking nah?

• Nma

November 22, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I’m sure you are joking , jide

• Love

November 22, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Wowww… It’s funny how your small brain works

• FasholasLover

November 22, 2015 at 5:44 pm

@Hello, Now that you have used the word, did the heavens fall? Pls. go back home and tell those who own you that l said they have failed in their responsibilites to you.
      Gutter Snipe like you. Shebi na you wan hear word.

• Dunmola

November 23, 2015 at 11:28 am

I seriously hope to high heavens you are just being sarcastic…

• yeyeperry

November 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm

AHHH @jide this thing wey u say is completely WERE. which kain yeye talk be dat? na by force to get husband? infact God will specially punish all abusive husbands. Sacarsm my foot! No woman deserves to be a victim of domestic violence by mouth or by action.

• barbiie bitch

November 24, 2015 at 4:32 am

U r insane,big Time insane. So she should die in the name of I want to have husband. Will having husband make her go to heaven.u really stupid

• Nkiru Ophelia

November 24, 2015 at 12:34 pm

FOU FOU FOU FOUL. I rather be single and have disciples like Jesus

• kiks

November 25, 2015 at 2:10 pm

its a big lies mr jide, God never designed marriage to be abused by ones partner,…so marriage is not a do or die affair,if u know u can”t take the beating its better d two go their separate ways than for one to be kill d other n later he will go and marry again where as d dead one is 6ft below….if this lady is ur daughter is dis what u r going to tell her?…..na waooooo

• Bev

November 25, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Jide you really be drunk. Your sister should take the first step in marrying an abusive husband hence you see nothing wrong in it. SMH

• 2T

May 8, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Sad!
      No wonder the women endure u to death!!!
      With this your comment, one would think having a husband is the ticket to heaven

• sunshine

May 16, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Thunder fire ur head.as u beat women na so woman go kill u one day

3. Bey

November 21, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Speechless…….I’m not understanding this story well. She had this baby 3mths ago and he stabbed her and locked her up. She escaped and when to report to d police. Does this mean after d stabbing assault in sept she still went back home to him? Becos he just assaulted her wit pliers on Monday. I am confused how you can even go back home to a man that stabbed you. The minute I see a knife, before that knife even cum close to me, infact if my husband just as little as shows me a knife. I’m goneeeee. Pls I love this life more than any rubbish love abeg. Was I not living before meeting dis animal in man form. My dear I’m so sorry to judge I know it’s not easy living a marriage, but once I see a knife, dat marriage is done and dusted. I wish you and ur baby well. Pls don’t let him and his parents come and beg you and ur parents bcos I’m sure they’ll beg and say he’ll change it’s the devil. Pls value your life, don’t let your poor precious baby be motherless.

4. Cindy

November 21, 2015 at 7:20 pm

I just checked his IG page. People are cursing him out already. See Nigerians? Pictures lie. Stop tapping into every picture you see online. He married her complete but left her deformed. As if he can create a human being. Monster jati jati.

• JEGAism

November 22, 2015 at 9:09 am

I totally agree with you. A thousand girls would have tapped into this horrid annointing. Stop tapping and pray for yours. The slogan for better for worse does not mean you should be a man’s punching bag. Leave!!! If you are bused physically, verbally etc. That goes for the men too. I feel sorry for this woman she been maimed for life for WHAT! For taking “for better for worse” too seriously.

5. lilly

November 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Loads of psychotic people out there

6. The real D

November 21, 2015 at 7:33 pm

What went wrong????? Naah, there was obviously nothing ever right with this

7. Flow

November 21, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Nigerian police and their rubbish, why is the animal being summoned like some deity? instead of sending two dozens police men to go uproot the mofo from wherever he’s hiding. See ladies n gents, there’s no right way to love an abuser, you can only do so much, like my mother will always say “character no be shirt wey you fit just pull trowey, wetin person be naim e be”, stick around with animals like this, you lose yourself, become something else, self worth will diminish to nothing and then you become recluse, a shadow of your former self all to preserve a marriage full of sorrow, pains and tears. Love yourselves first people, nobody deserves to settle for less.

8. southerbelle

November 21, 2015 at 7:47 pm

love isn’t enough anymore smh. Men now treat their wives who God created to be a helpmate as filth. Because of what? Marriage ? Ladies it’s not do or die please. Stop killing your yourself emotionally for the man who is abusing you because one day he will kill you physically.

9. PD Young Billionaire

November 21, 2015 at 7:52 pm

The guy is obviously an animal!What???!The idiot should be locked up ASAP!!

10. Ebere

November 21, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Marriage is not by force…Abuse should not be tolerated at all…….

11. mildvoice

November 21, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Many human beings on earth are turning into animals, which is SO sad!!!

i saw their instagram picture, and i must say i think he is younger than her. why spend money looking good on your wedding day, smiling and taking pictures when you are a monster inside.

He never loved her if he did, he would not have cut off her ear- i can not do than to an ENEMY much less my HUSBAND.

I decided i did not want to get marry just like OPRAH because of stories like this, but after watching wendy williams show 2 or 3 days ago, i changed my mind. she made me to realize that every woman needs a good man.

PLEASE IN THE NAME OF GOD ALMIGHTY, KEEP BEING A LOVING AND COMPASSIONATE MAN IF YOU ARE ONE.

WE ALL KNOW LIFE IS HARD, BUT DON’T CAUSE HARM TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING OUT OF FRUSTRATION.

ALMIGHTY GOD, FORGIVE US OUR SINS, AMEN.

• jide

November 21, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Don’t mind wendy o. She is always talking out of both sides of her mouth. Her marriage is as gutter as it gets. Do you boo boo

12. word

November 21, 2015 at 8:08 pm

this is crazy i just read on linda ikeji about another couple …omg lord help us, very graphic photos, limps disconnected, deep matchete cuts why?” Woman allegedly killed by her husband’s brothers…they butchered her (Very graphic photos)” lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/woman-allegedly-killed-by-her-husbands.html i hope bella naijacovers it too, things like this need to get out and people need to be informed. I dont know what she could have done but still it was just brutal…blood everywhere, like something you only see in a horror movie. I pray this lady find peace,

13. lugard

November 21, 2015 at 8:09 pm

People will always talk. I know this man. I stay in the same street with them. He did not intend to cut her ear up. She was beating up her house help mercilessly when he intervened then she slapped him and grabbed his pennis. He then started beating her out of annoyance when neighbours came and break down their door and separate The fight. Afterwards she left the house for an hour and came back when he was trying to repair the door the neighbors had broken. She attacked him with hot water and tried to attack him further but he was out of control and was pushing her back from him and it was when the screw driver in his hands cut her ear. It was not an intentional act.

• teee

November 21, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Ohhh how nice. What an excuse. It all boils down to domestic violence sho gbo. Its people like you that will say he was beating her cos he loves her too much. Hisssssss

• brown-ice

November 21, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Oga solicitor! We’ve heard you! Or are you secretly the husband?

• Cindy

November 21, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Same street? Not same house at least. Bullshit story.

• Dr N

November 21, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Really like really Lugard, like you were there or whose version of story are you telling us. Please no one deserves to be treated this way. What about his previous beatings?is that justifiable as well. has he told you to come and say this rubbish that is oozing out of your mouth in his defence . I totally abhor domestic violence in its entirety, its now left for the wife to decide for herself; she wears the shoe and knows where it pinches most.
      I pray she finds the will power to live this guy if she’s being abused , if he can do this when she’s nursing a baby. I fear for when she isnt
      I

• Fabulicious

November 21, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Lord Lugard,and you know the detailed story because you are their neighbor or the husband himself.Better join Flora Shaw in the grave.We don’t need any more Lord Lugard. Silly rabbit.

• ICANTDEAL

November 21, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Did you see this with your two eyes or is this hearsay?

• jide

November 21, 2015 at 11:22 pm

I guess now that you have explained, BN can now delete post and we can alll go home and sleep. Se oro ni yen?

• Awele

November 21, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Story for the gods

• Awele

November 21, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Story for IFA priest

• Val

November 22, 2015 at 12:11 am

So you believe the story you just told us

• Damilola

November 22, 2015 at 12:19 am

@lugard

You are a lunatic. What do you mean it’s not intentional? Cutting, biting is an action that happens with thoughts behind it. Just crawl back from the pit you came from.

• tito

November 22, 2015 at 4:28 am

Pls spare us. Let me guess it was her fault too when he stabbed her right after havin havin baby! Lugar. Pls zip it!

14. mildvoice

November 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I am still mourning for paris terror attacks, and here comes another one in my own land.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

IF THE ABOVE QUOTE WAS TO DIFFICULT FOR YOU, WHY DID YOU NOT CHOOSE SEPARATION?

15. nnenna

November 21, 2015 at 8:26 pm

The police invited him? Instead of arresting him immediately. Smh

16. Nneka

November 21, 2015 at 8:35 pm

You must be Nono Paul Nzedebe or whatever your name is. Even my 3 year old boy will not believe this your cocktail and bull story. Why didn’t the screw driver in your hand cut your hand? Why did it leave your hand and cut her ear? Is it your ear? Ori okpe! !

• gabi

November 21, 2015 at 9:36 pm

U must be the nagging type of wife. I’m sure ur son will not understand because he is as dumb as his mother. Every story has a two side.

• kuku

November 22, 2015 at 5:59 am

Lugard your avatar look it gave you away Gabi/Lugard/nonso…itogokwa!

• lugard

November 21, 2015 at 9:54 pm

U must be unreasonable @Nneka. I am not Nzedebe i am Mr lugard. Ur son will not understand cus he is dumb and does not understand that a is for Apple. U are the type that fight ur husband. If she did not confront her husband with hot water will all this had happened? It was simply n accident. All the neighbors saw it.

• Awele

November 21, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Do me a favour GERARAHIA

• yeyeperry

November 23, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Oga go and sit down somewhere jare. Wicked man. Sissy. It is only a baby husband with diapers on his behind that will intentionally hurt his wife. I am sure you are a vey useless husband yourself or you won’t be there cheering your mumu brother. SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

17. hmmm

November 21, 2015 at 9:06 pm

If dis wat marriage is all about.. den i rather be alone.

• jide

November 21, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Not all marriages are like this. The sad truth though is that some men and and women will end up with the wrong partner especially if marriage continues to be a goal we all seek despite who it is as opposed to it being a consequence of meeting the right person.

• nikky

November 23, 2015 at 8:44 am

Exactly. Everyone just wants to settle down. Even if they dont really like the guy, friends will say you are too choosy, better pick this one. A lady will marry a guy their 25 year old self will not find remotely attractive.
      Later, resentment over your poor choice will rear its head. Everything he does starts to irritate you. Dont think the for a second the guy wont sense it. I know a lady who married a guy just cos the one she loved dint want her. She got a rebound guy , got pregnant for him, all the while thinking the one she loved will see and come back, OYO.
      Now she keeps abusing the new husband, openly stalking her ex on social media and has become a punching bag as the husband can see she never loved him.
      This isnt a justification for the beating but ehn , the girl can push him to the wall with her words.

Point is this, the world has enough problems already, dont saddle yourself with someone you dont love and hope love will grow. It may never grow. This isnt the good old days

• Tee

November 22, 2015 at 12:36 am

That is not what marriage is about and you should not base your life decisions on the experiences of others because you do not know where they are coming from.
      It is important that people get an identity in God, know who you are, why you are here on earth and what God would have you do. It is when you have all these defined that you will find a partner that will complement you. You do not need another man to define you.
      You do not need marriage to tell you who you are or show the world who you are. Your marriage should be the next step in fulfilling purpose. When two individuals who are confident in God and have no identity crisis get united in marriage, they do not need to pull the other down to get their ego massaged. Rather they look for an opportunity to make the other better because they have a goal, a focus and are accountable.

18. Author Unknown

November 21, 2015 at 9:37 pm

BN, what do you mean by ‘Where did it go wrong?’ If according to Nwogo’s friend, Nonso had been assaulting her since before her pregnancy. going by the dates provided, and the fact she was already pregnant at the time of marriage, we can conclude that the assault started prior to getting married. I hate to use this poor woman’s tragedy as an example, but why would you go ahead and marry someone who batters you? Great sex? The almighty MRS? My religion tells me to forgive?

On a different note, when your husband or partner pummels you to this extent, the first place you go to is the hospital, and not the police station. Your life comes first.

19. lugard

November 21, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Really Dr N, I can’t support any side but I know for sure that you can’t jump into conclusion without hearing the other side. Just pray u don’t marry someone with the kind of attitude as a wife can ur wife do a cs operation without ur consent. I know these things and many more. But I reject the action he took by reacting that way. But we were there and all the neighbors knows it was not intentional.

• Anonymous

November 21, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Please Stop defending what is wrong. And if u don’t have anything to say please just keep quiet and read comments.

• Cindy

November 21, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Wtf did I just read? “Can your wife do cs without your consent?” Who dafuq cares? Is it your life? Is it your body? Is it yo f**king stitches? While would this even be an excuse for battery? Pls don’t get me started this night. Inu ti n bi mi.

• Chika**

November 21, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Wait what???? What are you talking about? Can she do a CS without his consent? Why should it be up to him? I bet it was due to medical reasons that she opted for CS ( I am going to assume the doctor must have told her it is the best option, health wise). Some Naija men sha.

• Dr N

November 22, 2015 at 12:07 am

Intentional or Unintentional, its still wrong, so very wrong in all ramifications. For the very fact that the only way he could let out his anger is by inflicting pain on someone else moreso his wife says a lot about him and pls stop with the justifcations .we should call a spade a spade,no fancy name.Couldnt he have walked away and to think the marriage is still very young.I. condone violence and theres still no justification at all. So you know, A NO GOOD WOMAN WAS MADE A NO GOOD WOMAN BY A NO GOOD MAN .

• mywifeisfiiiiiiine

November 22, 2015 at 12:55 am

My guy, with all my education I did not want my wife to have CS, like say na curse to do CS or say my pikin no go make am because her mama no push from her vajayjay. My own mother sat me down and had a Frank conversation with me regarding this CS of a thing. If doctor say na CS or if your wife say na CS, why are you fighting it she said. Is it your body, the most important thing is for a healthy child and for your wife to be ok. Pregnancy is not beans, what if she decides to push like you want and something goes wrong, her family will hold you responsible my mum continued. So my dear Lugard, na grace of God and maturity man they take follow woman, it takes them time to trust that you have their best interest at heart, for them to follow your every word without arguing. How many of your friends do you fight with physically, how much more your wife. If na true say she pour am hot water that one sef no good and she is totally wrong for that. They have crossed a very dangerous line and it will take a whole lot for them to heal. That is why when a man decides to marry the first thing he should do is change his name to Ndidi (patience), cause you will need a whole lot of that and more.

• FasholasLover

November 22, 2015 at 4:41 am

@Mywifeisfiiine, Nawa for you o. You did not want your wife to have a CS????????? Wrong choice of words.

As for that @Lugard, l don’t respond to such commenters.

By the way, BNers A woman does not need anybody’s consent to agree to a CS. Only God knows where that nonsense crept in from. It is like Immigration asking for your “spouse’s” consent to give you an Intl passport. Or the rude/uncouth man who jams your car asking you to call your “Oga” before he can discuss repairs.

Asking your spouse for consent is mere respect. It is not necessary.

As a woman, your body, your choice.

• PD Young Billionaire

November 22, 2015 at 5:36 am

@Lugard….You seem to know so much about this family.You are definitely not their neighbor but a relative that lives with them or Nonso himself.Anyway,since you feel the wife is at fault,my prayer for you today is that your daughters and all the women in ur life marry men that behave like Nonso.Pls say a big AMEN!

• Idomagirl

November 22, 2015 at 9:18 am

Abeg don’t curse the women in his family because of his foolishness.

• Mama Ijebu

November 22, 2015 at 3:43 pm

@lugard…..I can’t even believe you right now… has your wife ever being in labour? If he was by her side when she was about to give birth am sure he would have know she was opting for CS.. Abi you expect a person in pain to be making calls to get permission for CS Abi an text message… what’s all these nonsense you are saying???

Since you don’t see anything wrong with this type of man, may God gift your family members this type of husband….

Tush!!!! Am so irritated right now.

• Nuna

November 23, 2015 at 9:41 am

See the mentality of Nigerian men! So if its a matter of life and death she should be waiting for this idiot’s consent abi? Backward animal! Why not remain in the 1st century where you belong?? Tufia

20. Koko

November 21, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Do yourself a favour and shut up ok. Thanks.

21. sophy

November 21, 2015 at 10:00 pm

U liar from the pit of [email protected], pray smthn like wat dis woman is going tru doesnt happen to one of urs

22. bunmi

November 21, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Ladies? Please marriage is not by fire by force o!. If this led her death nko?

23. kadara

November 21, 2015 at 10:45 pm

@ luggard, what are you saying? she did a CS without his consent? is a CS a tattoo or something cosmetic or fun? its a medical decision and if one crazy husband says his wife shouldn’t have it because of his superstitious sentiments while her Doctor recommends it then she is a smart woman for going ahead and doing whats best for her and child. when it gets to medical decision the final say lies with the one that needs it. if she dies because she didnt have CS won’t the man move on with his life? and even if one’s spouse gets even something like a tattoo with one’s ” consent” (on her own body o), does that give you the right to hit her?

24. sass

November 21, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Nonso was a classmate at lawschool and I am shocked. Let both sides tell their story.

25. NNEKA

November 21, 2015 at 11:13 pm

ITS OBVIOUS….NONSO IS HERE AS LUGGARD….May the Almighty God let one agbero beat you blue black and cut off your ears….AMEN

26. chucks

November 21, 2015 at 11:21 pm

All u judges judging something u barely know ipray for ur deliverance. U will all be judged too. One day is ur turn and u will be set up like the young man Nonso. I don’t think any reasonable lawyer will do such. There has to be a link to the story. Jobless people. @koko @chika @cindy @sophy. Think well

• Chi

November 22, 2015 at 1:53 am

If you are not him why respond under different names….luggard, chucks and Gabi. If you are indeed the culprit please change your ways and repent, separation/divorce is better than battering and potentially killing them. And yes your wife does not need your permission fir can if her life or the baby life is at risk, that’s one of the perks of having to endure pregrency?

• B

November 22, 2015 at 4:52 am

One’s profession has nothing to do with their behavior. Lawyer or not, that doesn’t tell us anything.

• Cindy

November 22, 2015 at 5:53 am

“You don’t think…..” Right there is the problem. Stop defending someone to are not sure of. And in your life don’t call my name again. Why are you changing your name? Shey aye n te le e ni? Your avi is the same as lugard’s dude. Who are you trying to deceive?

• Idomagirl

November 22, 2015 at 9:20 am

Lugard, Gabi and Chucks are the same person. Your avi has given you away.
      Stop defending rubbish!

• Nuna

November 23, 2015 at 9:48 am

You are the jobless one Lugard!! How dare you respond under different names and call people jobless? You are just a goat!

27. Tosin

November 21, 2015 at 11:24 pm

warramess!
    warra man. He must taste prison small, it will rearrange his brain.

28. lugard

November 22, 2015 at 12:48 am

@Nneka how can u be this fake. if u don’t have anything to say shut down and stop calling the name of God in vein. U speak like the devil. It’s like u are part of the plan. Home breaker. Go build ur own. Tatafo…

• kuku

November 22, 2015 at 6:06 am

Barrister Lugard the word is vain *dodges screwdriver *

29. ATL's finest

November 22, 2015 at 1:06 am

Dear Lord save me from the hands of Lucifer’s in disguise as Men! Marriage no b by fire by force. If he hits u before, he will do it again & again. Haven’t we seen this before? I’d rather be single & be miserable than be married & be miserable. . Well all Ye Judge Judy, Judge Brown etc esp @ Jide & Lugard think well. That’s a monster & like I always say & believe the red FLAGS r always there before the marriage. So let’s not try to save a dammmmm Zooland of fighting all the d name of marriage. Thanks to God she didn’t die.

30. mary

November 22, 2015 at 1:57 am

am sure she saw all these signs when they were dating, and she went ahead and married him, because he always begged, promising that he will change, a man who is supposed to be your husband beat you while you were pregnant and still went ahead to stab you after having your baby through CS, you still went back and gave him another chance to cut off your ear. what are we supposed to call this type of love? am sure he would come back with his family to swear to you that he would never do it, and you would believe him, Well, use your tongue to count your teeth, marriage is not a do or die affair, it is meant to be enjoyed not endured. put on your running shoes and flee from him before he kills you please.

31. princess b

November 22, 2015 at 3:23 am

Some men are wicked. Luggard u r a devil in human’s skin. If u truly did this I place a curse on you. May soldiers beat the shit out of u and u get hospitalised every year of ur life. Rubbish. Men like u give other men a bad name. Thank God for my mike. He wouldn’t try it.

32. Ello Bae

November 22, 2015 at 4:35 am

And people are still clamouring to get married??? Marriage is not a do or die affair.

• Diss

November 22, 2015 at 10:51 am

Please leave marriage alone . There is nothing wrong with getting married. Blame the people who sow bad seeds in it.

33. Johnny Bizzle

November 22, 2015 at 5:34 am

No one deserves to be treated this way; for a minister in the temple of justice to have gone this far- in total disregard of all his profession stands for, is really disturbing. The lady must press full charges and also file for a divorce. The boy must have mental-health issues

34. kuku

November 22, 2015 at 6:00 am

Gabi/lugard/nonso

35. Idomagirl

November 22, 2015 at 9:33 am

This woman no get family members? She no get people wey go show this animal pepper?
    “They reported him to the police and the police summoned him” which police? Our yeye police that will tell him to go home because it is a ‘family matter’?

How many victims of DV are dead today because they kept reporting to the police who did nothing? If you’re dealing with an animal like this no need to be civil, he needs to know that he’s not the only one that can be mad. Anuofia.

Nigerian women biko, this marriage hustle no be do or die, it’s good to want marriage and babies but please look the person well abeg. Isn’t it better to be single than be tortured like this? Na wa o.

And these days we are also reading of male victims of DV, the other day I heard of someone whose wife poured hot water on him after an argument over money. Na wa o. Please it’s not worth it, better to be a spinster or bachelor than to live with someone who is no different from a wild animal.

The signs are always there, please look well.

36. solomon

November 22, 2015 at 10:58 am

@jide am sure u aren’t an human being. Ur comment is digusting and annoying. I wish ur closest female sibling experience such brutality u foool. Mscheeeeeew

• Bless

November 22, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Nope I reject your wish on behalf of Jide’s female siblings. They didn’t make the comment, Jide did, so please don’t bring them into this. Also let’s Learn to bless and not curse. May God bless us all.

• Idomagirl

November 22, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Jide was being sarcastic.

Jide you sef next time put ‘sarcasm’ in bracket, you know our people.???

37. cheennystory.wordpress.com

November 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Women, because of the desperation to get married will often settle for abusive men hoping to change them! This is just so sad.

38. Dee

November 22, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Nothing on earth warrants a man to hit a woman….no matter what she did..now it has gotten to the stage of using pliers…Wow!
    This is just sad…

39. Pipi

November 22, 2015 at 3:35 pm

My major problem now is why nonso aka luggard is still behind his computer typing nonsense when he is suppose to be in cell cooling his feet. Please anybody know involved in any of these NGO’s take this case up and let’s make an example of this IDIOT

40. Anon

November 22, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I agree with folks here who believe that marriage isn’t the problem but the individuals involved. Even the bible where the institution of marriage was founded does not recommend marriage for everyone. If you cannot restrain your primal impulses e.g. anger, jealousy; you have no business getting married. People focus on the financial & physical repercussions of getting married hence we make some preparations (albeit inadequate) in that regards. But we hardly ever anticipate the psychological impact of being married so often times we hear gory tales like these where spouses are incapable of psychologically handling their issues so they express themselves violently. Brothers and sisters, before “you do”, ensure that carry out a psychological profiling of yourself and your partner to ensure that both of you are fit for marriage. Love is essential but there are a thousand other ingredients that add up to make a successful marriage. Violence on the other hand only begets violence

41. x

November 22, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I feel bad for you and your generation

42. Ibi

November 22, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Please what is the latest on Dr Hestiana Thomas. News trends on all the blogs and then nothing. No follow-up, no investigative journalism. Is it just about traffic

43. III

November 23, 2015 at 5:04 pm

I just finished reading something similar and more graphic on Pulse NG. And my comment under the link.

pulse.ng/gist/horrific-married-woman-allegedly-butchered-by-husbands-brothers-very-graphic-photos-id4385601.html

There’s more to this. So much more that wasn’t stated. It is not normal. It is not. And I am using this medium to say this to someone – please don’t try to force things to work. If the man says it’s over please let it go. And vice versa. These pictures are so gory.

And this doesn’t just applies to relationship alone, if something isn’t working, don’t force it let it go. Whatever it is…. common it isn’t worth it. If this news is true, see what they did to that woman. There’s more than we have been told….

44. Dammiesugar

November 24, 2015 at 10:12 am

Read the guy’s part here……weddingdigestnaija.com/newlywed-lawyer-cut-off-wifes-ear-with-pliers-during-domestic-violence-and-tells-his-own-side-of-the-story/#more-127457

45. Dammiesugar

November 24, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Culled From Lindaikeji

It is with utter most dismay, disgust ‎and shock when I learnt of the details of the allegation that I cut off my wife’s ear on your blog.
    Please be patient to hear my side of the story.

The occasion leading up to the event, that led to injury sustained by my wife was a fight between my wife and the housemaid.
    I am completely stunned that somebody would turn around and tell the whole world that I did this to my wife.
    I am a victim of circumstances in this incident as I only came to separate a fight at about 11:30pm between my wife and the maid.

On the 18th ‎November, 2015 late at night while I was asleep, I suddenly heard a loud noise thinking it was armed robbers, that came to attack the compound only to wake up and find out that it was my wife that was beating the maid to stupor. I was barely naked with wrapper when I rushed to restrain her from further beating up the maid she turned around to tell me that I am a useless man and the next thing I heard was slap from her. I was dazed and fell on the wall, I struggled to get my boxer while she continued to attack me. She destroyed the window blinds and my computer before the neighbours rushed in. She went for the kitchen knife and started threatening to kill me. She finally left the compound, unknowingly to me and the gate man as we were about repairing the door so that we can put it in proper condition for the night, she came from nowhere to rain deadly blows on my face. The neighbours held me and she was kicking and hitting me on the face so I struggled to defend my eyes it was in the heat of d ensuing altercation that the plier with the gate man accidentally hit on her ear. Immediately she turned around and said that she has finally gotten me and that is the end of my life and that they should snap her. She was taken to the hospital and the ear was stitched back immediately.

Linda, the altercation which ensued was between her and the house maid but the issue of cutting her ears was totally an accident as a result of me trying to restrain my wife from fighting the maid.

I want ‎the public to know the both sides of a story before ever coming to a conclusion and Judgment. GOD bless you.
    Chukwunonso Paul Nzedebe, Esq. *LL.B (UNIBEN) B.L*

46. Koffie

November 25, 2015 at 9:00 pm

The man is a terrible person and he deserves no mercy. I’m even wondering if the wife doesn’t have brothers that will arrange ‘seria’ (beating) for him and take her ass and baby back to where she’s truly loved.
    And his defence? He must think the public is gullible to believe that crap. Let’s assume it’s all true and her ear got cut and she immediately claps and says “I’ve caught you today, make una please snap me”. Haba, she wasn’t in pain? This dude was probably caught shagging the maid but madam chose to beat the maid rather than her husband, husband tries to form right while separating his enraged wife from his ‘dinner’. Wife beats him, chaos ensues, husband picks random plier and mindlessly chopped her ear.
    I’d be disappointed if she goes back to him. There’s nothing to resolve except she wants to write the NBA on how their member who’s meant to uphold justice in society did this to her. She needs to ruin him

47. Ent hospital in hyderabad

April 3, 2018 at 11:58 am

Nice tips dear. Thanks for sharing it.. I get lot’s of beautiful tips clip in dental care.