Scoop

Kim Kardashian is eating her own Placenta to Ward off Postpartum Depression

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardashian West is keeping her fans updated on life after having her son, Saint West.

The new mum shared on her website that she her placenta converted into pills which she takes every day in a bid to ward off postpartum depression.

Kim Kardashian West

She apparently did the same thing after the birth of North West.

She wrote:

So, I’m really not this holistic person or someone who would have ever considered eating my placenta,’ ‘And when I say “eat my placenta,” I mean that I’m having it freeze-dried and made into a pill form- not actually fry it like a steak and eat it (which some people do, BTW).”I thought, why not try it? What do I have to lose?’

‘I really didn’t want the baby blues and thought I can’t go wrong with taking a pill made of my own hormones- made by me, for me’.

‘I started researching and read about so many moms who felt this same way and said the overall healing process was so much easier.’ I had great results and felt so energized and didn’t have any signs of depression! I definitely had to do it again. ‘Every time I take a pill, I feel a surge of energy and feel really healthy and good. I totally recommend it for anyone considering it!’

1. Laila

December 15, 2015 at 8:49 am

Eeeeewwwwww!!!!!!!

2. djannet

December 15, 2015 at 8:57 am

Off to throw up. Thanks Kim.

3. Johnny

December 15, 2015 at 9:06 am

BN you guys are fast becoming a joke. So the Linda news that is all over town you guys don’t wanna post anything on it? (just because its against Linda abi) but you can tell us what Kim is eating. I don’t want to just talk about the LAURA IKEJI house warming post you people brought down just because we told Laura to take a chill pill. No post on even Dede-one-day’s death, like sewiously wharis all dis? And finally thanks in advance for not posting this comment.

4. Girlfriends

December 15, 2015 at 9:26 am

Interesting…

5. Freddy

December 15, 2015 at 9:37 am

that is disgusting now! I thought they have therapy for this Postpartum depression!? This is so wrong for me

6. Dee

December 15, 2015 at 9:47 am

Kim if you like eat your anus!! Mtchewwww our great grand mothers had babies and didn’t blow trumphet about it ..

7. Princess P

December 15, 2015 at 9:54 am

WTF!!!!

8. beauty

December 15, 2015 at 10:16 am

Naa, i’ll pass…

9. aikay

December 15, 2015 at 10:22 am

There goes your Kim, all the KIMYE CLAN. E neva reach two weeks when she born she done already they trend for social media news, no day off for the kardashians. I’m sure after this she will drink kanye’s sperm too to prevent her from getting pregnant soon. AGBAYA!!!!!!

10. signature

December 15, 2015 at 10:37 am

Its not today people started eating placenta though. Its recommended in many parts of d world. I might jst try it bcz even witout a baby i hv my days. lol! let it not now b times ten afterwards. i go chop am.

11. zee

December 15, 2015 at 10:53 am

Hmm..end time placenta

12. GeeGee

December 15, 2015 at 10:55 am

I have never heard of such before and who knows if this had any link to her not being able to conceive easily after North. Just like one man that said someone asked him to be drinking his urine for a certain treatment cant really remember his condition. Why would anybody want to start swallowing what is meant to be removed from your body? But do you Kim! Please what else helps with postpartum depression?

13. abby

December 15, 2015 at 11:31 am

I don’t know why this is a big deal. Her sister did same when she had her babies. She encourage Kim to do same when she had North. Why must it be a news or bad thing when it comes to Kim. Pls give her a break. Most celebraties do this. Research pls.

14. Fabulicious

December 15, 2015 at 11:47 am

For the first time I have to applaud Kim’s choice. If you don’t know someone with this experience and how encapsulated placenta helps fight PPD and help hormonal imbalance, you will think she’s just doing it for show. This is the real deal.

15. GeeGee

December 15, 2015 at 12:50 pm

ok wow!!! Never heard of it. All the best to you.

16. zee

December 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Why is dis news??? Ppl don’t know where to draw d line n its disappointing to see ppl anytin for attention!! Pathetic clan..

17. Missykissy

December 15, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Jesussssssss!!!!?

18. Aramide

February 11, 2016 at 11:23 am

really. but is not good to be taking placental.