News

MTN Nigeria CEO Michael Ikpoki Resigns

BellaNaija.com

MIKE

According to a report by Cable, CEO of MTN NigeriaMichael Ikpoki, has resigned.

Akinwale Goodluck, head of regulatory and corporate affairs, is said to have also resigned.

The report further states that the new CEO is Ferdi Moolman while Amina Oyagbola is the new head of regulatory and corporate affairs.

These new developments are apparently in response to the saga of the N1.04 trillion fine imposed on the company as a result of failure to deactivate 5.2 million unregistered SIM cards.

1. Bella

December 3, 2015 at 10:27 am

This is unfortunately the right thing to do and i expect more heads will roll further down than the CEO. Its a relief to see people being accountable for their actions for once!

2. hmmmmm

December 3, 2015 at 10:32 am

I hope the new C.E.O does better this time.. at least Oga Micheal and Akinwale have tried.. Another person Should take the lead.. ***Besides I hope MTN becomes cheaper this time **

3. Tt

December 3, 2015 at 11:35 am

Also hopefully they will stop sending all those nuisance texts

• Lara

December 3, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Took those words right outta my mouth. am frustrated sometimes!

4. mary

December 3, 2015 at 11:50 am

lol @Tt. They really need to stop

5. TheRealist

December 3, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Finally. It was kinda weird that the South African oga resigned weeks ago, while the Naija dude (directly connected to the debacle) sat tight..

6. Dr.N

December 3, 2015 at 7:07 pm

MTN please don’t ask me to re register my sim. I have done it twice. If u try am I go kuku port

7. Adeniji Jr

December 4, 2015 at 6:21 am

MTN, from my vantage point, is a charade masquerading as a legitimate organization. Used it exclusively since 2010. After many, many letdowns – like making credit miraculously disappear – I finally had it and got another network line. MTN has unapologetically preyed on hardworking Nigerians like myself. It can do what it likes now for all I care – including going out of business.

8. Olusola

December 4, 2015 at 8:42 am

@Dr.N when you port, i think you are also going to register with the new network. #JustSaying.
    And its better to retire with a fat compensation than getting fired.