News

Rapper A-Q releases “shameless & opportunistic” track – Sugabelly

BellaNaija.com

A-Q Sugabelly
Rapper A-Q has released a track titled “Sugabelly“. The song describes a scenario where a guy meets a girl named Aisha who tells outrageous lies such as “I school in the UK but I live in Dubai so I take flights every day from Dubai just to attend lectures

As the story in the song unfolds, the girl eventually comes over to the guy’s house and then she ate Pizza “which was like a sedative…then I had her face down, hips up, hit her with the D until I split her ribs….”

He later gists his friend that he used “2-5 cab, 3k pizza, I use do the girl last night, I comot all my money from the girl body sha” and his friend responds, “Bad Guy…”

The rapper is currently relishing the attention by retweeting positive responses to the track as well as promoting his album.

As expected the Twittersphere is presently reacting to the track.

In response, Sugabelly has labelled A-Q as “an opportunistic, gold digging, shameless, low class, slug of a sad, nondescript, hopeless, faux musician.”

[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/A-Q-Sugabelly.mp3]

1. The girl who flies planes

December 11, 2015 at 11:55 pm

So Mustapha paid you for this right?
    Slut shaming sugar belly for speaking the truth?
    Wow! Nigerian men how low can you people descend?

• Seriously

December 12, 2015 at 6:09 pm

@the girl who flies planes

I had this discussion with my sister last night. Nigerian men are bottom low. They have absolutely no respect for themselves neither for women. I’m appalled, at their response to rape and sex. No matter how smart these men portray to be, it’s disturbing how they see women. I intentionally, bring up these useless older men who marry teenage girls to rape victims to some of these men. They all had the same stupid responses including my dad. Oh, men love young girls, this sugabelly is trying to be famous, the girl is promiscuous, girl is scorned, no man will want to marry her, women are full of drama, politician kids are victims, etc The worst, was to hear my dad’s response. It’s sickening.
      Not that I expected much from him but I’m his daughter, he has three girls. He’s a very smart man, religious too but his morals, ethics, values is very distorted. If I’m raped, is this how he will respond and treat me as his daughter.
      P.S SHAME ON YOU NIGERIAN MEN

• Mike

December 12, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Psst… Watch ur tongue young lady. U cant categorize all Nigerian men as the same just because u think ur dad is also low on ur wacky tacky moral scale. Keep the insults for your dad only. Judging by the way u have described your own father, I wouldnt expect u to have much regard for anyone else. What the hell is wrong with this generation?! Go ahead and reply me, -. Its what a fool would do.

• Seriously

December 13, 2015 at 1:04 am

@ Mike

You confirmed my statement, certified fool. You are perfect example of the low bottom nigerian men. And I’m glad, you showed it and proved me right. Respect is earned. It doesn’t matter if you are 100yrs old or little kid. If you want respect, respect yourself first, it’s reciprocal. Children, have better brain than these so called nigerian fathers, uncles, men walking around.

• Josephine

December 13, 2015 at 8:21 am

For all you know, he even did it for free.

• Surely

December 14, 2015 at 1:19 am

@Mike, ur mama is the -. Ur papa too. No wonder they raised such shameful being such as you.
      BN, post my comment as he called someone on here a bitch.

2. Idomagirl

December 12, 2015 at 12:20 am

BN why are you people giving this sewer rat who calls himself a rapper even more publicity for this trash?

• Temi

December 12, 2015 at 12:58 am

Thank you. Those were my thoughts exactly

• ElessarisElendil

December 12, 2015 at 1:44 am

Because clicks. It never stops being funny when people forget BellaNaija is a business.

• Boblink

December 12, 2015 at 7:25 am

• Teal

December 12, 2015 at 8:22 am

If its one video that will help lives now, BN will ask us to watch; no brief, no nothing(not minding those who don’t have such mb but wants to learn) now its one crap song from a god-knows-who weed-smoking sombori, them quick quick gives us lyrics+download link, all for traffic shebi.

3. mrs chidukane

December 12, 2015 at 12:26 am

I didn’t even bother listening to the track. What rubbish! Anyway people like this always have their comeuppance waiting in the corner, Anuofia.

4. Ada

December 12, 2015 at 1:01 am

I don’t think BN should have posted it…its like proposing more fame for the useless human being… BTW..what some did AQ sing? I didn’t of the human until Noe…
    Little shameless human…

5. Mrs Haastrup

December 12, 2015 at 1:05 am

Who is he? never heard of his name b4.

6. Di

December 12, 2015 at 1:07 am

The sad reality is that Nigerians are online applauding this moron. Tomorrow, people will wonder why US refuses to put advanced weapons into the hands of Nigerians to tackle boko haram.

BellaNaija, you could’ve delivered the news without attaching the music, you are enabling him in his aim to bring more downloads/clicks to the song, the lyrics were enough.

@so-called-rapper: I know you are trolling here, just like you were on Twitter, retweeting and basking in the attention. Well here is to you; only weak ass punks go after victims, the strong ones go for the rapists. Did you really think this shitty step will excel your career, you must be an imbecile if you thought anyone would be remembered as a legend for singing about rape, sedative and thriftiness. How low of a man are you to brag about your thriftiness on sex, you wan commot all your money from her body?? Well, if you were talented and frequently releasing successful musics like your mates, you won’t have to be sniffing pu$$$ies all day to find your last kobo. We can tell you are morally bankrupt, so go rape your sisters and rap about that, no need poisoning the Nigerian youths on your way down. ???? Bye felicia??

• *curious*

December 12, 2015 at 3:05 am

hahahaha!!!!! your comment has me singing “ogbono felifeli” (i.e. you served it to him hot). you go ghel!

7. emma

December 12, 2015 at 1:19 am

Nigerian women on BN who are yet to have male children. I carry God beg una, make sure your sons grow up to respect women because the tweets that I read about sugabelly that were made by young Nigerian men on Twitter made my blood boil. I wish everyone of those men that shamed sugabelly get neutered, yes I said neutered cause they are animals and don’t deserve to be referred to as human beings. Its a pity that these animals would end up being someones husband. All i can do is pray for the future generation of Nigerian men.

• Tari

December 12, 2015 at 2:26 am

Guy, i learnt my lesson when I engaged them on that Olamide song. My eyes almost popped out of my socket. Since then, nothing most of my fellow Nigerian men say about rape surprises me. We have a sad case on our hands.
      A society where if you buy girl Long Isand for club the girl don sell her right to say NO.

8. but BN

December 12, 2015 at 2:57 am

Dear BN, you are not lindaikeji We come here for classy news. But thank you for the summary cos I dont have to listen or be tempted to listen to the track. I know what tasteless lyrics are in it

• Tari

December 12, 2015 at 8:08 am

BN is no different, all na packaging. VI runs and standing on Allen for nite all na same service.

9. Fountain of Paper

December 12, 2015 at 3:13 am

BellaNaija posted an article this week about rape victims and getting help for them at the Mirabel Centre.. An actual post that involves something that can be done to help victims. http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/12/10/mnena-taking-a-stand-against-rape-supporting-rape-survivors-with-mirabel-centre/

How many comments were on it? 5! 3 of which were one person going on about DayStar TV.
    I think some people who visit this site are more interested in hearing the stories of horror and to cast aspersions without actually taking a minute to ask themselves what they can be doing to help.

It’s easier to sling mud and comment on the rightness or wrongness of things than to DO SOMETHING.

How many of you have actually read AND shared useful resources on BellaNaija about how to prevent the many stories of abuse and violence which you come on here to read?

Think about it!

• cindy

December 12, 2015 at 6:11 am

The same bella that posted “Netflix and chill” by William Ifeanyi Moore? Abegi!
      bellanaija.com/2015/12/08/william-ifeanyi-moore-netflix-and-chill/

• cindy

December 12, 2015 at 6:33 am

Abeg speak for yourself o. Not commenting does not equal not acting. In other news BN fam, I saw a neighbour beating his wife through my window the other night after an argument. I could here the blows and slaps over the noise of two generators. Their baby was really crying, I hope he/she wasn’t injured. I don’t know of any women rights organisation in Ibadan that I can contact. I have tried searching but all I see is Lagos Lagos Lagos. Please any ideas? I just want to be able to reach them in case something like this happens again. I’m keeping any eye on that house for the time being. E help me e jo.

• Tari

December 12, 2015 at 7:57 am

Reach out to the Lagos ones you saw. They could give you a lead to Ibadan help centers.

• jjjjjjjjj

December 16, 2015 at 2:20 pm

is Iya Ijebu your landlord?? Maybe you are staying in the same flat i once stayed. when i lived in Ibadan during my service year i knew a woman that used to get beaten up by her husband in the next compound. I could see them from my window. I didnt know what to do, i just prayed for her…………………….

• Tari

December 12, 2015 at 9:02 am

The assumption inherent in your comment is wrong. At least the generalization.
      This assumption that people who comment on blogs have no life outside and are up to no good is worrying.
      Some people have made life changing decisions based on comments they made or read. Some have started enterprises and support systems On the strength of these.
      Do you that some people have actually visited Mirabel center on the strength of that one article without even comenting there.

Back to the matter at hand, what exactly is the point of this post if not for clicks?
      This is an issue that has been so flogged that despite its sensitive nature almost bothered on over flogging. How does it advance the cause?
      Do you know that even good causes can be fatigued, moreso when the cause is not being advanced

10. Tea

December 12, 2015 at 3:19 am

Can sugar belly just give it a rest.Must you sound off on every one dat comes after you. Yes ur saga with d Audus was inhuman to say the least. But sometimes silence is ur best sword. You don’t have to comment on everything. Whether we accept or deny it, a lot of Nigerian men, dere psychology for whatever reason is all d same and jacked up. How many of dem do you want to fight. Iv argued dis all saga with my male colleagues to d extent I just had to keep quiet. Surely dey will have daughters one day.

11. Steve

December 12, 2015 at 5:21 am

BN an introduction to who AQ would even help cos so many of us don’t know if it’s a name of a person, animal, place or thing. Welcome to Naija where people capitalize on other peoples misfortune for fame and fortune… Shame!!!

• pabjulem

December 12, 2015 at 10:33 am

Oga Steve, that is how life is, people who sell guns capitalize on the misfortune of breakdown of peace in an area, the success of your business or ur promotion in d office is a capitalism of someone else’s business not selling as urs or someone not being promoted, abi ur company dey promote everybody every year? Pls, Lets be real here, listen to the song, the girl dey lie, the guy sef lie pass and what eventually will happen happened and he didn’t sedate her with any sedative neither did he rape, pizza was like a sedative, enuff girls after they eat awoof, their 6th sense and control os turned off except u want to lie to ur self as a guy, or u have not dated girls. Moral of the song, stop playing street smart with lies cos someone else starts where you stop and will outsmart u

• Steve

December 12, 2015 at 3:40 pm

You have taken time to respond to almost everyone against this song and the artist.. Could you by any chance be AQ? Please speak up now and let us know how it is you understand the song more than every other person and how you think no one has listened to it or how you think yourself more intelligent than every other person. You have made reference to many rap songs, especially American rap songs but you haven’t even addressed the fact that this song is actually titled “SUGABELLY”… Does that give any iota of hint now?

12. eva

December 12, 2015 at 7:09 am

what do you mean by they will have daughters one day?? the daughters will not pay for the sins of their fathers. haven’t women suffered enough?? pls!! they themselves will pay. they will rot in the pit of hell….shebi one foolish woman will marry this Aq abi what’s his name?? I wish her good luck.

• peperempe

December 12, 2015 at 9:44 am

you just contradicted yourself.
      women have suffered enough, the wife who innocently marries him also will not have to pay for his sins IJN
      let everyone carry their bukata (sin)

• OJ

December 12, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Are you implying that the women that die for guys like Lil wayne and the likes that sing about violence, sex, ass and drugs are foolish as well? And these are the same songs you blast on your mp3 everyday!!!

13. Tari

December 12, 2015 at 7:56 am

I would have been shocked if you Posted my comment. At least you read it.

14. Tosin

December 12, 2015 at 9:33 am

Clearly an opportunistic, gold digging, shameless, low class, nondescript musician. :-/
    Trick Daddy got competition. Because artistry.

15. iseemaths

December 12, 2015 at 10:05 am

Allow me voice my opinion, stop hoarding my comment pls? I have the right to be disappointed in your post!!! Please post my comments

16. pabjulem

December 12, 2015 at 10:28 am

Reading through all the comments here just got me curious so I had to spend my money and stream the song. I laughed all through. Crazy jam and u know why? Both the guy and the girl were both scamming each other in the street love game. So why being mad at AQ who did the song and told a true pic of what happens everyday. Plus he never suggested rape pls… He said and i quote “the pizza was LIKE a sedative” and yes, there are ladies out there that after the feeding, they give in cos its the feeding they want. Anyways, the sugarbellied babe got caught in her own scam of lies. Nigerians are just judgmental and outacontrol sensitive. When Kanye and two chains sang the all I want for my birthday song, am sure ya’ll downloaded it and extra of his songs. And same with lil Wayne lolipop to mention a few. If you dont know what rap is, skip anything that has to do with rap and follow fashion and food rather than make silly comments other wise get educated. BN ride on pls!!! Let me head to twitter to retweet this tale of true street activities

• Tosin

December 12, 2015 at 10:32 am

betting they didn’t listen.

• Cindy

December 12, 2015 at 10:39 am

And you know what rap is? Original rap wasn’t about sex and money, it was for a cause. It was a voice for the blacks. I don’t know about kanye or the rest, but you know who I’ll call a rapper – Lupe Fiasco. So please dude or whatever you are, do us all a favour and gerarrahere men. This ain’t no rap.

• pabjulem

December 12, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So what was “original rap”? I know u don’t know… Olodo…. Sugar hill gang with rappers delight, kool mood dee, big daddy kayne, etc some before them and some after. Rap was and still is a form expression that included, lifestyle, poetic prowess, alcohol, sex, drugs and money. I love hiphop and i will tell you more. Stop speaking from an ignorant point of view, if what you like is conscious hiphop then listen to Lupe (u already know), talib kewli, pharaoahe monch, common, dead prez, roots, etc, but dont tell me that wat u like is what hip hop is and what it should be. If you want revolutionary rap, listen to run dmc, ice cube, nwa, Nas, if u want skilled/politically conscious rap listen to Eminem, Royce da 5’9. Am so sure u didn’t even listen to the song but went straight to make your very ignorant comment over my comment. One of our olodo Nigerians. U better get skooled quick.

• OJ

December 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Cindy I bet you are a fan of 50cent…remember how use to blast that his song ” welcome to the candy shop, I want to lick your lolli lop…lol!!! Make una leave this rapper alone abeg. The ladies complaining go and delete all the Lil wayne, Lil kim, adanna howards, (im a freak in the morning, freak in the evening) messi Elliot ( if you have a di-k let me work it), ludocris, snoop dog, isco (let me see that thong), DMX, wiz khalifa etc tunes on tablets/phones….so much double standards on this forum

• Tosin

December 12, 2015 at 11:00 am

and re: pizza, before my people come and write nonsense, aks your med school or doctor friends or goggle post-prandial hypoglycemia or postprendial hypersomnolosis, AKA niggeritis, aka what happens when you consume excessive pounded yam after hunger has wired you small.
      i bet bella was just messing wich’yall by highlighting it.
      bottomline: this track makes the artist look good. he nailed it, craft-wise. he must have been really inspired or he got some help from more talented friends.

• pabjulem

December 12, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Nice one there. I like people who make comments based on a sense of understanding rather than emotion driven ignorance.

• kj

December 14, 2015 at 8:49 am

why did he have to title his song sugabelly? It became personal when he did that

17. Nahum

December 12, 2015 at 2:23 pm

BN, I am disappointed in you for posting the song. This artist spoke and glorified date rape, why are you giving him more credibility by posting the song. Nigerian men keep on reaching new lows. I pray that our generation of mothers will do a better job than previous generations.

• Huh

December 12, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Nigerian men and women are alike. If the men have gotten to a new low then we can say the same for the women. You raise great points most times but also add a dig at the Nigerian man. We can point fingers all day long without addressing the problem. Both men and women need to look within and make changes.

• Nahum

December 12, 2015 at 3:53 pm

You are right, I do tend to jab quite a bit at Nigerian men and I apologise. It’s just that the horror stories I hear about what happens in marriages and even speaking to young men on a day to day basis, it’s truly disheartening. I feel like society spent so much energy raising Nigerian wives that they forgot to raise decent husbands as well.

• Huh

December 12, 2015 at 4:45 pm

@Nahum. I respect your honesty and zeal for things to change. I am not blind to the reality of what’s happening in society sadly it’s not in favour of some women. All hope is not lost, things will definitely get better.

18. TobeReal

December 12, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Not sure it’s to do with men not being schooled right in Nigeria..we do also have the poverty factor…typically frustration sets in against women..
    Most young men today all over the world thanks to youtube now take their cues off Rappers…other entertainers…porn…the shameful display of wealth and see women as bits of flesh to be paraded..used and discarded..
    And some of the women have no respect for themselves either..half naked in most videos and those butt injections..to please who exactly ???

19. jay

December 12, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Errrmm..why all the bashing, biko? I just listened to the song and they both had consensual sex because the girl was deceived by the boy’s lie. Why the hell is Sugabelly acting out of control?? I don’t see how this song is about her.

• Magz

December 14, 2015 at 1:03 pm

You don’t see how the song is about her??? Errmmm maybe ‘cos he used her name as the title of the song…….

• Troublemaker

December 14, 2015 at 3:24 pm

bless you magz

• Troublemaker

December 14, 2015 at 3:23 pm

concrete mumu like you

20. Red Pill Male

December 13, 2015 at 1:59 am

Women use men for utility – I’m not spending a kobo on you if I’m not getting something out. Quid pro quo my friend.

PS: I do not endorse rape, neither do I endorse the mind games women play on hapless blue pill manginas.

21. Troublemaker

December 14, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Utter rubbish! people dont fear God o, And to talk about the stupid babe that lended her voice to the song, sad human beings. May God severly punish this vagabond wannabe. some Nigerians have no limits, some lines should not be crossed, If sugabelly was his family member or friend will he do this rubbish?