News

Watch this Exclusive Interview with the new Ooni of Ife

BellaNaija.com

Ooni of Ife AmbodeMany are curious about the new Ooni of Ife who was crowned on Monday. Watch highlights from the coronation and an exclusive interview.

Synopsis
The coronation of the new Ooni of Ife turned out to be a home coming for Africans, especially Nigerians in diaspora.
The event witnessed guests from all over Africa and the rest of the world. Presidents, Kings, Heads of industry, Celebrities and rulers of kingdoms were present at the coronation held at Ile-Ife on Monday, 7 December 2015.
The big question is; how much do you know about the Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II?
In an exclusive interview with TVC News, the new Ooni speaks about his life and mounting the stool of his fore-fathers.

Watch the Interview

Watch Highlights from the Coronation

1. person

December 10, 2015 at 10:21 pm

….yes ooo it is a new don. very new don.. we are all feri api.

sorry i couldn’t hep it. teheehee..
    pls who are those ones echoing effizi praises in the background? lol

• Odo carpenter

December 11, 2015 at 1:43 am

I was wondering the exact same thing…what are the chants about?

• Sugar

December 11, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Those people chanting praises, That is their own lifetime career i guess. It is well o

2. BB

December 10, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Hmmm, don’t know to place him with all his God this, God that…my reign be peaceful and progressive

3. BB

December 10, 2015 at 11:31 pm

*may your

4. Somebody,anybody?

December 10, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Congratulations HRH..on another news pls who has a job for my boyfriend who is Ghanaian and currently in Accra,pls pls I see how hard he is working and I feel helpless that I can’t help him,he is the most vibrant ,focused and humble person I know.like I just wish some of this oil companies or any other companies can just see what a catch he is cuz he is a team player and the right person you want on your team.he studied petrochemical engineering and has a masters in project management and oil exploration.
    NB:before you’ll say go to a Ghanaian blog,I’m a Nigerian,this is the place I visit regularly,I don’t know any Ghanaian blogs and besides Ghanaians come here too so please bear with me,I’ve sent his CV to every online job agency,even though he has told me to stop,I fear he is losing hope.pls I can’t be this useless

• Tari

December 11, 2015 at 9:38 am

Best wishes to you and your man

• OgeAdiro

December 11, 2015 at 12:55 pm

In the words of the Koko Master, “love is a beautiful thing.”

5. fleur

December 10, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Ah dunno. Too much spirit talk for someone whois sitting on a trado stool that is likely built on fetish institutions.

6. tamunotonye

December 10, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Why?

7. Biola

December 11, 2015 at 12:24 am

Thsee journalist need a lecture on cultural competencies. You are introducing the Ooni without prostration or bowing in anyway. Even though I am not a supporter of traditional worship, I think they should give honor to those who deserve it. Even simply standing up to introduce him would have shown some respect.

• Bade

December 11, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Oh, please. Another #ReasonWhyNigeriaWontProgress. Please have several seats.

• ElessarisElendil

December 12, 2015 at 2:41 am

Tsk Tsk some of the most ‘advanced’ countries in the world are monarchies with all the ceremony and pomp involved. Might want to use one of your several seats.

8. notyoruba

December 11, 2015 at 12:24 am

Only God can make a king!
    I have read a lot of things about this new Oni but this is the first time I will listen to him speak and I am not disappointed.
    I think he is humble and will be a great leader.

9. nnenne

December 11, 2015 at 2:19 am

Kabiesi Oba!
    May you reign for ever!!

10. Teris

December 11, 2015 at 6:46 am

hater alert! hehehe
    but really, i think they shud have rehearsed this before his re-emergence into the limelight.
    too much talk. too much light. a too heavy staff. no mystery… yes, romanticise the damn process!

11. Patience

December 11, 2015 at 7:26 am

Dear my oni Let God burden your heart and take away your peace until you pay my husband and his colleagues the money they paid you 4 years ago for subscribing for a property at your real estate firm.

• Tari

December 11, 2015 at 9:33 am

Funny enough, this allegation will be ignored but the conscience of a man cannot be ignored for too long ( unless his conscience is dead, like most Nigerian elite).
      Madam Patience, I will advise you and your husband to consider that money lost.

• NaijaPikin

December 11, 2015 at 6:16 pm

But why can’t you take this to court or EFCC?

12. Owl

December 11, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Congratulation to his royal Highness Kabiyesi Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi!!

May the spirit of wisdom be upon you, may she guide you as you sit on the throne and give you cutting edge strategies that God Almighty (The king of Kings) has placed in your heart – ideas and strategies that will trailblaze positive changes and improve the yoruba land and set a higher standard for other traditional lands Nigeria and in Africa as a whole – IJMN! Amen!!

Oti shey se!! It can now be done!!

Long live the King!
    God bless Ile Ife!
    God bless Yoruba lands!
    God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!!