News

Woman Rejects Boyfriend’s Public Proposal Because Ring is Too Small

BellaNaija.com

woman rejects proposal because of small diamond ringA Chinese woman rejected her boyfriend’s elaborate proposal because the diamond was too small.

The boyfriend proposed with a bunch of red roses and a flash mob – a group of choreographed dancers in a public place, and the woman burst into tears, visibly touched by the grand gesture.woman rejects proposal because of small diamond ring 3 woman rejects proposal because of small diamond ring 2However, after he knelt down to present the ring, she walked away.

In a screen shot of a message sent to her friend after the attempted proposal, she complained “Before we agreed on an one carat diamond ring. Why is it so small? Is he so careless or he just doesn’t care?”

According to Daily Mail/People’s Daily Online, people on China’s version of Twitter, Weibo, have been saying that the woman didn’t deserve the proposal.

Source: Daily Mail

1. GeeGee

December 22, 2015 at 2:50 pm

so its about the ring and not the person or his intention? Wahala

• slice

December 22, 2015 at 3:30 pm

You know sometimes pple do this. U agree on something privately then they come in public and try to pressure u to change ur mind. Maybe thats what she thinks was happening here. Why agree to the bug ring then gather all this pple n give a small one. U think say fear no go let me say no

• June

December 22, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Lolooooool !!!! As innnn!

• tobe

December 22, 2015 at 11:05 pm

slice – you are so on point on this issue – it like you have a third eye. I know a friend who agreed to get a £5k ring in private but now tried to back track. Guyz sometimes try to make the girl look like bad person,

• Kaeto

December 23, 2015 at 3:26 am

,? I applaud the comments. Please this is obviously a high class woman. If you want her to wear a symbol of something so important and sentiment, it must make sense. Especially when you both agree on it. Living in a man’s world is not easy but don’t live with his lie or cheapness or manipulations.

2. drknite

December 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Well as a woman in China, you can be super choosey because there are 7 million more guys who can by you a bigger diamond. Thanks to social engineering.

• o

December 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm

lol

3. nene+

December 22, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Lol Oya go and buy a rock diamond!

These Chinese sabi well well oooo.

Reject diamond? Hmmmmmmm I remember mine.

4. ?

December 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm

I will just RKO her, what nonsense!

5. elsa

December 22, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Lol..love it!!!!

6. Ladybird

December 22, 2015 at 5:51 pm

oh come on!!!..this is too much….she has to understand that marriage is more than a diamond ring

7. December Wind

December 22, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Atleast they had an agreement , why do the exact opposite without informing her .?This is beyond an engagement now , this kind of man would never keep to his word! This is a dubious act. Nne Biko run for your life . I’d be mad aswell if I get a cheap ring especially when I know he can afford it

8. mike

December 22, 2015 at 6:43 pm

She has not yet made up her mind to marry the guy.

9. ATL's finest

December 22, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Lmao! Na make I like these oyibo folks. They don’t know how to pretend jare. The ring “ishy” bothers me too so I can’t blame her too much.

10. Hashemst

December 22, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Another mens. Pipe work was just inside of her before this engagement proposal attempt. HOW else would she have got the courage ? She CULDA ATLEAST lie!

11. kk

December 22, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Big babes

12. Miss Anonymous

December 22, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Gbese reee oooo!

13. Andrew

December 22, 2015 at 8:55 pm

She must have naija blood in her

14. Miss Anonymous

December 22, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Gbese reee ooo!

15. Jassmine

December 22, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Lol, I remember when hubby proposed, I almost slapped him Cos of the cheap looking ring, I accepted it though. My next question was ” Sebi you know where you bought it”? He said ofcourse, okay, we are Changing it tomorrow morning. Like play o, we went there and I hand- picked the 1 I liked and paid the difference myself. Apparently he picked The 1 I Choose but his “HAWK” friend that he went with Convince him To get a cheaper 1 and borrowed the remaining money which he never pay back Ofcos.

16. H.O

December 23, 2015 at 7:56 am

So, i’ve being dreaming of wanting to wear a particular kind of rock weda expensive or not.. as long as its exactly what i want.. Bae proposes with a ring i don’t like.. i will save him the embarrassment and accept it.. Just like Jassmine, i will change the ring sharp sharp.. Sometimes i wonder why guys can’t stylishly findout the type of ring the girl wants before proposing.. Often times, the guys are just to lazy to do their homework.

17. Na Wah OH

December 23, 2015 at 8:40 am

See better Gobe na. So ladies from the comments above it show that we are not yet ready to face reality at all. Questions like what type of ring? The cost of the ring? not the content of the heart/relationship/person? Not wetin we go chop? it is alright. We love these things, trust me as we do(guys and ladies). Please don’t pass up on a good person for an important (to you) yet petty reason. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

December 23, 2015 at 11:51 am

What are you saying though? So if the person you plan to spend the rest of your life with agrees to doing something with you in private (let’s replace that ring with any other promise that a man and a woman might make to each other in private) but tries to backtrack in public, you’re saying that’s reality that any woman should walk into with her eyes wide-open?

Allow me to ask you this – if your boss told you in his office that he’ll be offering you a nice new role, you both go through the contract together and agree on what you’ll be getting and then he later walks to out before the rest of the company to offer you something distinctly different and less rewarding, will you continue to gladly stay with that company (afterall, half cup of garri is better than none, abi?) or will you feel unappreciated and start looking for a new job somewhere else because you can’t trust him?

Maybe this doesn’t apply to you but for some other people, a clear lack of integrity is a huge deal breaker.

• Na Wah OH

December 23, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Wisdom is profitable to direct

18. Me too

December 23, 2015 at 9:49 am

Trust me I understand this lady’s reaction and anger lol.. Before my husband proposed, (of course I knew he was gonna propose someday) but didn’t know when it would be, I would stylishly beg him during our convo that I hated a dot-like ring, silver sterlings or small rock-like rings. Why did I do this? I had always envisaged a mini rock and not a minute rock-like ring. I love blings and as woman showing off your ring to other ladies, makes you the envy of many. Ps. before many of you yab me or toungue lash me, I know what marriage is all about and was fully ready, but a dream is a dream, some fairy tales and fantasies are still obtainable. Don’t blame any woman who feels this way. A woman’s pride is her husband and kids, so she would always wanna show off.# OKBye#

19. new peason

December 23, 2015 at 4:03 pm

This made me sooo laugh and reminded me of my ow engagement to my now ex bf.
    He took me on a london tour in a helicopter with 2 of my friends. when He pulled out the ring, I was shocked by 2thinngs: the proposal and of course the ring. I even told him, give me the ring first I will think about the answer to your proposal later.
    as soon as we got off the helicopter I told him, we will have to change the ring oh. He didnt udnerstand why. I was like “its too small not really the type I would like to wear” the I asked “how much did it cost you?” eh aaah he said he will show me when we get home… only for me to see the price of the ring! a whipping 9000euros which shut my mouth up. Sometimes we think that big diamonds and blings everywhere mean pricey!! but nah and I started liking that ring a lil more minute by minute. we called off the engagement…I kept the ring.

20. fleur

December 23, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Your boo ran out of funds after he paid for the long stem roses and flashmob. If I could reach the guy, I would have two words of consolation – good riddance! That is not a wife. That is a gold digger.

21. therealerniemac

December 23, 2015 at 10:37 pm

The Chinese don’t joke around,they love luxury goods like crazy and the women walk around like they’re princesses…. I had a few in my post grad class and they were just taking the piss!!!!

22. Spanish Guitar

December 23, 2015 at 11:04 pm

My engagement ring is very small. I so hated it and one day when i went with my mum to the jewellers, I had it priced. My mum’s that was bought in 1978 still costs more than mine that was bought in 2013! Suffice it to say that mine is way below minimum wage! I subtly complained about it and that was when he showed me the pictures of the 2 rings he had gotten earlier but had to return because the sizes were off ( I hate surprises but he still tries to surprise me still). This one is a bit tight and i sti!l hate it but i wear it because his intentions were honest (though I have told my booest boo that we have to buy a better one soon).
    I guess like a lot of you have said earlier, integrity is the issue especially when they had previously discussed it.
    If I were the lady in question, I would have taken it and then later returned it for my choice since we had already agreed on what to get.

23. Tonia

January 28, 2016 at 4:08 am

its not bout the size or amount of the ring that matters.
    its the thought that counts ladies……
    if you don’t love him to get married to him then why not call it off long before things gat complicated rather than break he’s heart or make him feel worthless and undeserving of your love.