Music

New Video: Waje – Ominiknowest

BellaNaija.com

Waje

Waje has released the video for her “social commentary” themed song Ominiknowest.

The song was produced by E-Kelly and the video was directed by Clarence Peters – shot in black and white.

‘Ominiknowest’ shows Waje at her fiercest hitting back at ‘naysayers’ and critics. While undeniably Fela influenced, the video has Waje take on several personas; from a fiery Malcolm X, to a sultry Marilyn Monroe, a 90’s Janet Jackson in all her tomboy glory and shades of the king of Pop Michael Jackson.

Watch below.

1. HorlaTundey

February 25, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Mama is back, i love the black and white concept. I was expecting a Fela theme for this soing though

2. Chiemeka Ugo

February 25, 2016 at 2:10 pm

God knows me love WAJE long time.

3. serioulyjoking

February 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Well done Waje. Catchy tone there.

I however wonder why many current songs by Nigerian artist carries a similar theme of:
    ‘beef’ with others, or addressing haters or critics,
    boasting about their achievements,
    overt or underlying sex allusions and
    money money money.
    Is this a reflection of our current social values? Are these artist promoting what society is all about?
    I miss the days when Nigerians sang about patrotism (Fummi Adams, Christie Essien et al) , love with theme of family values (Onyeka Onwenu and Sunny Ade for e.g), Essentially, songs that are morally uplifting.
    ~justmytake

4. Christian Sister

February 25, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I love Waje, and this song bangs! Thing is, I just don’t see the Marilyn Monroe look here, nor the Janet Jackson look. And the Michael Jackson look is so passe, you can hardly refrence that. The video is tight, and ranks high up there tho.
    Btw Waje is so underrated its not even funny. Its about time she knocks out dem Tiwa, and Yemi Alade (no shade here o), cause she delivers more lyrically, vocally, and entertaiment wise. Just saying.

5. MzMozzarella

February 25, 2016 at 3:05 pm

WAJE just blow my mind with this song mehnnnnnnnnn.. Waaaaaaaaaaaat! YASSS MAMI! WERK!!. Not everytime naked female bodies, her voice was rich, video quality spot on. #Omniknowest #Omniknowknow

6. Nwa nna

February 25, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Always refreshing to hear real artists out of naija make good music and not all the noise pollution being called music.

7. Dhaigee

February 25, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Am just absolutely blown away by this video…Kudos

8. Otunba Deji

February 25, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Waje has once again shown why she is one of the best in Africa. Good job

9. wan eight

February 25, 2016 at 4:15 pm

When it comes to classics, handel got nothing on this!!!!

10. purpliciousbabe

February 25, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I liked the audio and lyrics… I like the video. I see MJ and MM.
    I like Waje and yes she deserves more more more exposure. x

11. Missy J

February 25, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Waje are you Boko Haram?? because you haff bombed me.
    Absolutely loved it. I just wished she shot a video for ‘ Na the way you dey love me”
    This song will keep us busy and keep her in mind while she’s on TheVoice

12. BlueEyed

February 25, 2016 at 8:53 pm

OB-SESSED !!! love the song, nice vid too

13. mama dazel

February 26, 2016 at 1:04 am

E Kelly, ClareNce Peters….REAL TALENT…. award winning production sound and video. I truly love this. Well done

14. Noms

February 26, 2016 at 8:53 am

Nice one y’all.
    Waje never disappoints .

15. Grapes

February 26, 2016 at 1:13 pm

This is a lovely lovely song. Repeat mode. Waje well done

16. David

February 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Omini-Knowest is such a beautifully written, composed and produced song! Well done Waje!