Scoop

“There is a difference between a polite criticism and a direct insult” Caroline Danjuma isn’t here for Instagram Bullies

Caroline Danjuma_Stalker Movie Premiere_Feb 2016

Over the weekend when Caroline Danjuma rocked this stunning outfit for the premiere of “Stalker” (click here if you missed it), one of her Instagram followers commented that her earrings were cheap and even when Caroline Danjuma replied that they were actually pretty expensive (diamond and sapphire), the commenter went on to talk about how cheap looking they were.

Well, Caroline Danjuma is not here for cyber bullies.

She shared on her page today:

“Instagram has become an avenue where faceless people feel they can out rightly insult you or bully you and expect you to be quiet. There is a difference between a polite criticism and a direct insult.
What you dish out is what you get. I am on social media to get closer to my fans and it is lot easier for those who need my assistance to contact me but I can also live without it. Respect is reciprocal. Don’t insult me or the team that worked so hard out rightly in public and expect me to ignore you. Be matured in your criticism. I don’t expect everyone to like me but then don’t try to insult or bully me I will defend myself.”

1. Onyi

February 29, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Everyone looking for fame by taking cheap shots at celebs…silly “fashion critics”!??

2. orangish

February 29, 2016 at 12:43 pm

This woman is Gorgeous.. Look at that Face and body…

3. TRUTH

February 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN LOVELY OUTFIT SWEET EARING

4. bijouxthisbijouthat

February 29, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Those firmer than firm boobs!!! after 3 babies??? I cant even be jealous… money is good eh…

• been there

February 29, 2016 at 1:15 pm

I tell u. dont be jealous o! after one kid, my perky boobs are starting to take a slight plunge. its just painful i wont lie. but after one C-section, i dont know how anyone goes under the knife for pleasure. the pain just does not make sense biko

5. Marc Francis of Chelsea

February 29, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Get over yourselves Nigerian celebrities. No one is cyber bullying you. Fashion police is not a new occurrence. I’m sure you all watched and laughed with Joan Collins. Your dress is ugly, period. Saying it does not mean you are being bullied. It’s another thing entirely if someone comes for your weight or your family. That is bullying. But telling your fashion choices are poorly thought out is not bullying. Leave the comment section to your assistant and hire better stylists.

• Ola

February 29, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Oga English teacher , so ugly is not bullying ? Smh for u o .

• Bey

February 29, 2016 at 4:58 pm

And its Joan Rivers, Mr know it all. Joan Collins in an actress aka Alexis in Dynasty.
      You seem to forget dese same ‘Celebrities’ are human beings and as human beings we all respond to criticism differently. Bcos Beyoncé has been schooled and knows how to handle backlash well doesn’t mean Caro can.
      I am sure it is more than her dress Caro is being upset about. For d past few weeks dis woman has been dragged thru d mud regarding her marriage. Haba she has blood flowing thru her veins.
      She does look good for a mother of 3, iv just had one and I know wat my body has been thru.

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

February 29, 2016 at 10:04 pm

I’m an English teacher because I type full sentences? K.

I’m very familiar with both Collins and Rivers and it was an obvious mistake. Back to my point.

Celebrities are human beings of course, but my point is that as a celebrity you cannot respond to every single critic saying you have poor taste in fashion. I don’t doubt celeb feelings, but ignore the ones saying your style is poor. If they are insulting her family or other personal facets, then it is understandable that she’d respond, but even then some people do not deserve the attention. Simply block and move on.

Saying a dress is ugly = not bullying. Saying Caroline is ugly = bullying. How is this not clear?

6. Nahum

February 29, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I am no fashion expert but what was wrong with what she wore?

• Tobigirl

February 29, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Hello again Nahum.. ☺

7. tish

February 29, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I totally agree with you! These Internet trolls are the worst. Clap back as much as you want jare

8. Deep Soul

February 29, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Yes it’s possible to have firmer than firm boobs after kids.
    I did 6 months exclusive for both kids and breastfed them both for a year and my boobs are still super firm
    My husband and I remain amazed at the firmness.

Point is, it’s very possible.

And yeah, Caro is super stunning. Look at that face!

• word

February 29, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Hian! take it easy with this ur gist my sister. haven’t stopped sneezing since i read ur comment

• Naomi

February 29, 2016 at 10:55 pm

You go soon get TB join.
      If something doesn’t happen to u automatically means its impossible abi?

9. psychic

February 29, 2016 at 1:58 pm

all i know is those boobs are not your own Caroline..the doctor gave it to you.

• John

February 29, 2016 at 4:29 pm

So “go and die”, psychic, you stupid busy~body. She likes her boobs, so does her husband….and I’d have added…and so do I. But the lady is someone else’s wife & I feel it is inappropriate to talk about her body~parts in that way. Instead of being jealous , why don’t you go to a doctor and get yourself a pair (if you are female) or pay for one to replace your wife’s pair of “slippers”. But you sound like a broke~ass who cannot afford it. Easy with the hating before you choke on your bile.

• tobi

February 29, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Then in- igbotic accent- what is tearing ya piant go and buy ya own Na. Anunmkpa. mtchewwwwww

10. Regina

February 29, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Na wa o, those your breast implant is to esagerated, it does not fit you at all.

• Noname

February 29, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Afi esagerated naa,

11. Ola

February 29, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Exactly .ppl need to be schooled on the difference between constructive criticism and insults . Telling someone she looks like a runs girl ain’t criticism but insults . When I read comments at times especially on Instagram … I feel kinda sad for this generation . I follow a particular girl who shared her bump, which was highly pigmented due to the pregnancy and fellow women , who obviously have never smelt pregnancy before started bashing her , some said she was bleaching that’s why , I felt pity for them cos that’s how ppl lay curses on themselves without knowing . And it’s so funny that it’s women who do this the most.

• Khole

February 29, 2016 at 3:36 pm

A million ‘likes’ for your comment! The fashion police person just reads like an illiterate, the criticism was totally baseless I don’t see why carol bothered to respond…. I started following this page on IG “commentsession” and it’s so sad to see how hateful people can be. It’s ridiculous!

12. www.thelmathink.com

February 29, 2016 at 2:19 pm

BN I love how you paid no mind to the bully and focused on the only relevant person in this story. I saw the posts on IG and I was furious on Caro’s behalf. Let faceless trolls continue to remain faceless and unknown. Shioor!

13. Tunmi

February 29, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Sigh. I really wish she would realize that the negative comments actually help her. The more you are talked about, the more star power you have. Since you wield the power/visibility, it’s up to you how you choose to use it. You also could not reply the negative comments or rather praise or highlight the positive ones. There is a term in psychology for it, the opposite of punishment

14. bisisexy

February 29, 2016 at 2:42 pm

I like caroline ,babe live ur life the way u want girl, u are fine, u now sculpted ur ass and did implants me likey,will do to maintain dis my body after children

15. MyAdvice

February 29, 2016 at 4:24 pm

learn from BEYONCE – the most gorgeous and most successful Female Entertainer on this planet. She has more haters than everyone combined. And with time since Destinys Child Breakup ad major backlash, she has learnt how to ignore haters. Tina taught her well. Never will you hear Beyonce or Kim Kardashian responding to a hater. I am sure if you were Beyonce when they were bullying her innocent sweet baby girl Blue Ivy about her hair and idiots starting petitions you would have responded, abi? With her classy Graceful self she never once responded. All you need to do is ignore them or simply Block Them. You responding or defending yourself is NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM STOP. What Nigerian Needs desperately is a Image Consulting company who TEACH all these celebs how to handle matters maturely. I use to like Tontoh Dikeh & Jim Iyke and respect them a lot but all those responding to haters , made me look at them at another light like hmmm they dont know how to handle issues, so because of that i dont really respect them anymore. I dont hate them but i dont care for them. Same way i dont care for Peter and Jude Okoye with their constant online rants and their money miss road show off.

Why do all nigerian celebs think they can fight cyber with some faceless idiot. The number one person who has to register on this course is

***JIM IYKE (this dude needs serious therapy – like Peter Okoye he always acting like hes on his monthly period – all these years as a celeb you think its every hate comment you should respond to)
    ***TONTOH DIKEH
    **DAVIDO
    **PETER OKOYE OF PSQUARE
    **CAROLINE DANJUMA

After all these years these fools continuously bullying you, and your responding, has it solved any matter – they are in their lil internet cafe is some village, jealousing over you talking shyt and you are wasting your precious time responding

KATE HENSHAW AND LYDIA FORSON TALKING ABOUT YOU WILL FIGHT BACK. SWEETIE ITS A LOST BATTLE, FIGHTING FACELESS IDIOT. JUST BLOCK EM SIMPLE. , you will not loose one pubic hair strand if you block em.

LEARN FROM BEYONCE AND KIM KARDASHIAN, YOU DONT HAVE MORE HATERS THAN THEY DO BUT THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEM. IGNORE THEM OR BLOCK EM,. SIMPLE.

My own experience as a non celeb, years ago some chick was cyber bullying me, and i was smart, i turned it around and befriended them with sweet complishment and festive season wishes – i was on a mission to find out who they are, Come to find out they were 17 yrs old going on 18. I was so shocked and disgusted that i had exchanged words with this child. That is the day i decided i will never in my life exchange words with faceless idiots not even on my level – most of them being low self esteem kids whose only outlet is bullying folks on the internet to bring the low self esteem up a notch. So Caroline take this from me – you will be really pained to find out this person buyllying you saying all this nonsense is not even on your level and you wasted your precious time responding. They are some teeenager hiding in one internet cafe all day and this is al they do, They want your life.

Please stay pretty and dont get stressed by these fools. Block Em. Learn how to use your block button more often.

16. MyAdvice

February 29, 2016 at 4:27 pm

*compliments – not “complishment

17. MyAdvice

February 29, 2016 at 4:31 pm

By the way you can also Delete hate comments from your instagram page. Just Hightlight the comment, Click delete and Block the person. Simple. n

No need for back and forth blah blah blah i will fight them i will defend my self – it is all so unnecessary. you waisted so much precious time in the past always exchanging words with Musas thots and hoes (yes i read all of em and always shook my head wishing you were my sister to advice you to stop and ignore them). At the end of the day you are still winning with three gorgeous kids, You are the wife.

learn to ignore.

18. prince

February 29, 2016 at 5:11 pm

@myadvice, you no get work o.
    Caroline, its good to respond but some of those that throws shade are just seeking for cheap publicity. ignore them and move on.

19. I like my advice

February 29, 2016 at 6:14 pm

My Advice I can feel your pain. How can an accomplished celeb be wasting precious time on a hater bikonu. Genevieve is the only one that has mastered the art. Even my Omotola was dragging issues with one hater and I felt so sad. You should be in your mansion and let your employees deal with these people that is if you are really a celeb. We need a Naija version of mean tweets so that this issue can be less serious.

20. me

February 29, 2016 at 6:58 pm

At Caroline, if 50 faceless people insulted you on social media, would you answer back? You know well enough there will always be haters, but do you have to give them your energy by responding back?

21. Engoz

February 29, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Bella what’s the update on #freeEse? They say she’s been released, how true is that?

22. I like "My Advice"

March 1, 2016 at 12:53 am

I hope someone copies your advice to Caro. Thanks, who ever you are.

23. mulikat

March 1, 2016 at 10:10 am

Caro u look gud with 3 kids,anybody talking about ur Boobs,close ur ears they need it for theirself or husband want is wife to have it,but sorry they have no money.

24. Hawt Talk With Tosan