Scoop

Watch the Trailer for “Wives On Strike” starring Uche Jombo, Omoni Oboli, Ufuoma McDermott & More

BellaNaija.com

WIVES-ON-STRIKE-600x849

A couple of weeks ago we brought you the scoop on new movie “Wives on Strike” starring Uche Jombo, Chioma Akpotha, Ufuoma Mcdermott, Kehinde Bankole, Kalu Ikeagwu, Julius Agwu, Kenneth Okonkwo and many others.

Click here if you missed it.

Set to premiere in April, the trailer for the movie has been released.

Wives on Strike, is a hilarious comedy about a group of market women who decided to take matters into their own hands against their husbands in a bid to stir them into standing up for a young girl whom they wanted to protect from the wishes of her own father. The women, who hilariously interpret their roles, set a series of events in motion to give the movie many moments of laughter without missing a beat on the reason for everyone to know why they are on strike.

Watch the trailer below.

1. Jenny

February 26, 2016 at 11:58 am

Any movie that humorously or seriously impacts marriages negatively is a massive NO for me. I am sorry, I know this is probably a comedy but trust these married women who have girl groups may start practicing this and it will be a disaster….so it’s a no for me! on to the next 😛

• Passerby

February 27, 2016 at 1:22 am

Relax Jenny…how can you conclude so deeply from a preview? and how do u know it will impact marriages negatively? Its actually a copycat idea from the movie CHIRAQ by Spike Lee where women went on a sex strike to end violence in Chicago and teach the men a lesson….Apparently its been practiced in some parts of Africa by women to end societal injustices propagated by men. Try not to be too quick to jump into conclusions without full info about anything…at least not negative ones.

2. billionaire in grace

February 26, 2016 at 11:59 am

Look very funny. the other day I watched road to yesterday. I was wondering if Genevieve can really do roles that can challenge her actress skilll

• truth be told

February 26, 2016 at 1:07 pm

ur stupid cuz dat role is super challenging( challeging role does mean u rub in d mud or climb trees) dats why she is nominated and will definately win

• Ni

February 26, 2016 at 1:46 pm

But you do not have to call people names when you do not agree with them. Everyone has a right to their opinions as do you.

• truth be told

February 26, 2016 at 3:02 pm

im sorry for saying stupid# ONE LOVE

• Iris

February 26, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Lol my dear I shock o. You took it to level 1000 real quick.

3. Chi!

February 26, 2016 at 12:02 pm

Dis movie go funny die! I cant wait for it to be out in d cinemas, Omoni why is it not coming out on d 8th of march na???April is too far biko…

4. limpopo

February 26, 2016 at 1:44 pm

abeeg i want to watch…which one is @jenny talking about (the movie impacts marriage negative) how????

5. Beeeee

February 26, 2016 at 1:50 pm

It’s gonna be funny. I can’t wait….I love all the characters….Kenneth Okonkwo, my crush before before

6. Chu

February 26, 2016 at 1:51 pm

So all that twitter rant by Chioma some weeks ago was all a publicity stunt for this movie?

• DeeCee

February 26, 2016 at 4:15 pm

My thoughts exactly

7. Iris

February 26, 2016 at 3:16 pm

“Na when ashawo don become wife?” Hehe.

8. Spunky

February 26, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Phew!! Oh well…

9. Ms_oyinkansola

February 27, 2016 at 12:30 am

Must watch this one ooo. Had me laughing already.

10. Teju TJ

February 27, 2016 at 2:07 am

Love it!!!!!! Please put on netflix for us in the abroad to watch o.

11. nnenne

February 27, 2016 at 2:17 am

Funny much. A must watch.

12. chito

February 27, 2016 at 4:29 am

OMG! I hardly laugh to nigerian jokes or comedies but this made my laugh so hard. Oh! how i love that Omoni lady. She is an example of humility. I met here once and she melted my heart. I’m a wife and a mother of three. If any wife says that any scene in this movie isn’t familiar either in thought or action then, you iie. God bless these women and men that acted in this movie for their perfect acting and putting smiles on every real woman’s face. I tell you, its about time.

13. LaBelle

February 29, 2016 at 12:47 am

Interesting…. Reminded me of “ChiRaq”.