Scoop

Chris Brown Shades Singer Kehlani for Attempting Suicide

Chris Brown-Kehlani

Singer Chris Brown was trending on social media last night for his not-so-sensitive comments about singer Kehlani who allegedly tried to end her own life after it was alleged that she cheated on her boyfriend, basketball player Kyrie Irving, with her ex, rapper PartyNextDoor.

In a series of tweets, Chris Brown calls out Kehlani saying “stop flexing for the gram…doing sh*t for sympathy” and more.

See his tweets below.

1 2

Photo Credit: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images

1. joseph

March 30, 2016 at 9:19 am

na dem sabi wetin concime me?

2. lilz

March 30, 2016 at 9:58 am

chris brown just shut up there! just close it up

3. OHB

March 30, 2016 at 10:08 am

He prolly understands the industry more than I do. She might have attempted suicide but what do I know? I wasn’t there. So I stand with Chris and Kehlani on this.

I know many will say but she cheated on her partner with her Ex on some Okafor law kinda shit, but what if she realised what she actually did wrong, and felt remorseful for it and decided to take a life? It happens not everyone has a dead conscience. But what if she put on the whole suicidal shit to gain attention for the ‘right’ thing and not for the wrong thing – cheating?

We won’t know until we’re in her shoes, Right?

4. Side man

March 30, 2016 at 10:10 am

But when Chris brown was going through depression everyone stood by his side. Smh life

5. Tru

March 30, 2016 at 10:19 am

Suicide is not a joking matter o, but women need to chill on taking relationships so serious to d extent of committing suicide over a break-up.
    Funnily my ex broke up with me last week, iv been kinda expecting it. Bcos I noticed how he’s been pulling back and I have been asking him wats wrong for a while now. The Nigger said I nag too much( bcos I complained he never had my time, calls/text reduced drastically), So he said he wanted out of d relationship, I was asking too much of him. And i wanted d relationship to go to d next level. Which he wasn’t ready for.
    Yes I was sad for like a week. Cried for like 3days, always at home, not at work. No1 xcept 1 close friend even knows we’v broken up.
    I just had to snap out of it. There are women who are married with 3/4 kids and their husbands leave, they are now left to raise 3/4kids by themselves without support from their ex. What is such a woman to do.
    Im single, I still look good. Sure I miss him terribly and find myself breakn into tears when im alone. But No guy is worth me taking my life over.
    I Know we all experience loss and break-ups differently. But how many men commit suicide on our matter. They just move on to d next girl.

• Tuu

March 30, 2016 at 10:49 am

I just broke up with my boyfriend last night cos he wasnt ready to commit. I mean we’ve been together for 2yrs and we had an issue yday only for him to tell me, we weren’t in a relationship afterall. This is someone that he and i always talked about our future together, had sex like crazy, talked liked best friends. Supported through THICK & THIN. Only for him to say that. I’ve really been trying to find strength from within to move on. This comment right here gave me strength. My mum was in an abusive marriage with a man she loved with all her resources and she eventually found the strength to move on and cater for her kids single-handedly. Abeg, if she could do that, why would i want to kill myself over someone that isn’t worth it?

• Mr. Egghead

March 30, 2016 at 11:17 am

| I just broke up with my boyfriend last night cos he wasnt ready to commit.

“Men don’t commit; we surrender” – Chris Rock

• onetallgirl

March 30, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Yess my sista Tuu! don’t kill yourself over that your ex-boyfriend! Don’t give him that power over your life! You might be losing sleep over him but guess what, he’s not losing sleep over you! You are a strong beautiful woman, there are plenty fish in the sea, take this time while you are single and get to know Tuu!

6. Anon

March 30, 2016 at 10:48 am

The Kyrie Irving. He’s like a gentle giant.

7. Lulu

March 30, 2016 at 11:13 am

@Tru and @ Tuu… You are both very sensible and strong women.

Y die untop man mata?

Live.laugh. Love

8. akpagah

March 30, 2016 at 11:46 am

Lol @men don’t commit we surrender

9. tunmi

March 30, 2016 at 2:53 pm

But wait oh, wasn’t Chris Brown singing about these “ho’s ain’t loyal” while he was still with Karreuche and expecting that baby of his? When men cheat, na biology. When women allegedly cheat (because no one but those two know if it’s an old photo or a new one), na for tear pant.

10. serendipity

March 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm

I used to think women who attempt to commit suicide after a break up were dumb and were stupid to build their life around a man until my best friend of over ten years tried to commit suicide, she is one of the strongest persons I know, who has worked hard to put herself and her siblings through school, pays her bills and juggles a business, it made me understand that everyone has personal demons and attempted suicide is a cry for help and should never be taken for granted !

11. Anie

March 31, 2016 at 10:20 am

I don’t think it’s right to shade anyone,that aside.
    When you’re admitted to the hospital over a suicide attempt or depression,your phone is taken from you,all gadgets are taken from you; jewelry,shoes and sometimes clothes. Anything,they think might aid in one committing suicide or harming oneself is gone. So, I don’t know how she got her phone to go on any social media. They even check your visitors too,It is done for your one safety.