Scoop

“Make no apologies for who you are” Read Charly Boy’s Article on Being True to Yourself

Image-1 (3)

Veteran musician Charly Boy is out with a new article in which he talks about being true to oneself and appreciating the beauty you see in yourself.

Read it below.

Your Beautiful Self

My people, life ain’t easy but it’s beautiful when you’re true to yourself.

When you walk around without a chip on your shoulders, life’s challenges and pressures become a bit lighter.

When your ego is insignificantly low, the only reason would be because you’re true to yourself.

When you make no apologies for who you are but at the same time stay meek and humble, you are your true self.

My life’s journey so far has brought me face to face with the realisation that my true self helps me deal with the painful boomeranging of some of my expectations when they fall flat.

So if you’re looking for yourself and asking everyone except yourself the direction to your real self, well sorry my dear, you miss road. Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

In being my TRUE SELF, I keep creating new chapters in my life journey, never stop re-inventing and perfecting myself even as I insist on remaining a student for and of life. Along the way I discover that there are many heavens on earth waiting for one to discover. So as difficult as it is most of the time, I keep seeking out people with beautiful souls, hearts and minds; not those with just beautiful style and bodies.

Like all creatures in the wild, we were designed to keep moving.

When a snake sheds its skin, it becomes a more refined creature. I have never ever stopped refining and re-defining myself, most times I am hard on me but have NEVER let who I have finally become go to my head.

My people, we are all beautiful instruments of God.

This wonderful Artiste called God, created many notes in music so we are not stuck playing the same song. This is why I have lived my life musically. Some times I have literally sang off key, but I keep changing the keys, tones, pitch, and volume of each of the songs I create along my journey and play on. Who born dem to stop me!!

Make your own book of life a musical, never abandon obligations, but have fun leaving behind a colorful legacy. Never allow anybody to be the composer of your own destiny. Take control of your life, and never allow limitations (implanted by society) tell you how your music is supposed to sound — or how your book is supposed to be written.

When in the dark, fear not, for light itself doesn’t always bring good!

God has given us one face, now we should not go out and make ourselves another. All we need do is daily beautifying the lovely face we have been given, and that takes process. Let the world know you for who you are not who you think they want you to be.

Can you feel me?

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. When you treat yourself kindly and respect the uniqueness of those around you, you will be giving this world an amazing gift… YOU!

Na so I see the matter.

1. Babe

March 8, 2016 at 1:52 pm

True words…

• Kaeto

March 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm

My sister people like this Malu, beneath me ignored the heart, mind and soul of his words because of his make up, maybe if you try reading to gain more knowledge and understanding to what we all need in life, you will appreciate Charly Boy more and be grateful that his life’s of service to us. I recently got fired because the lady hates everything about me that’s not her. I live in my truth and boss of my life. Tell me how to work but don’t tell me how to live for you. How can you find yourself? Define it yourself ( you have the choice to choose the path you want and ask yourself is this worth dying for, is there life in this path for me, that I can wake up to, to live for everyday. Be that boss. Go out and meet people and express how you truly feel in every situation. you will see yourself grow in and out. And attract real people in your life because what you give you get. Fact.

2. keke driver

March 8, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Couldn’t even read it, the make up is a turn off.

• Nwa nna

March 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm

@keke driver, do yourself a favor and get off your moral high ground & stop being judgemental or else you’ll miss out a lot of what life has to offer.
      You passed on reading a great write up because the make up turned you off?! Says a lot about your person

3. beauty

March 8, 2016 at 2:24 pm

I’m finding myself and it’s an amazing experience, amazing meaning mixture of pain, surprise, laughter, anxiety, uncertainty and hope

4. TEE

March 8, 2016 at 2:45 pm

awwwwwww……………coming from u? sooo touching….i am inspired!

5. c_ogochukwu

March 8, 2016 at 2:49 pm

that pic tho i can’t is too much for me

6. gabriel

March 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Merriment!!! Until a man keep vision in front of him, he will exist in an unusual dimension of time wastage. Please let allow God to direct our steps through His Holy Spirit.

7. prince

March 8, 2016 at 3:31 pm

wao. highly inspiring. like someone said, the only person you can lie to is yourself because you’re the only one that knows YOU. its better to be hate for being you than to be love to be something/someone else – amazing

8. whocares

March 8, 2016 at 3:40 pm

ahhh. This was actually really lovely, and it hit the spot for me. I was reading it with a smile on my face and continuously nodding my head in agreement.

9. neeka

March 8, 2016 at 3:53 pm

charly boy, good talk. i stopped telling myself lies and left an unhealthy marriage 8months pregnant plus a todler on my waist. if i was still in that position…mmmh sometimes our African communities create fears in our hearts, especially women…Happy international women’s day to all you sisters out there living your true authentic self.

• Magui

March 8, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I like what you said about african community creating fear….
      From the very beginning i saw red flags with my boyfriend: He is so self-centered and the world should bow when he wakes up…..also he is so indecisive, whereas i am straight forward(but i should behave like i am the one who doesnt know what she wants, uhhhh, well No)
      And i have heard him tell me time without number “what do you always feel the need to be different? Cant you just think like a normal african woman?”…… I left him once, and came back thinking that i was in love… In lust i was….. I just feel like i will never be able to be true to myself around him…. I have never been afraid to be alone, in fact i am not even alone, i have Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Lord…. So i am in good company…eheh

• neeka

March 9, 2016 at 1:28 pm

@Magui…i hope u are doing well sister. if i may call u so. it was thesame with me. i left once and i was crucified on the street. and i ran back. i got emotionally abused , financially bankrupt…my man use to say, if i leave, the world will judge me not him…but sis, when i had kids, and it got worst, i cared less what the world said. i never want my children to grow up and think mum had no backbone, cos dis will also affect them…they say children learn from thr best…their parents…my boy could grow up thinking thats the way to treat a woman…and my daugther will suffer in silence…
      once more Charly boy…true words

10. Bliss

March 8, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I love the write up…..I was true to myself in 2014 when asked God to show me my True identity N He did. Today am Happy

11. Suwa

March 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Well written

12. Shakitibobo

March 8, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Nigerians always focus on the messenger not the message.

13. Tosin

March 8, 2016 at 6:45 pm

love

14. ujay

March 8, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I have always liked Charles boy and the way he give out his ideas and beliefs. You can’t have true freedom until you find the real you. You just end up in a self made prison. This is one down to earth individual. Words of an elder.

15. Osasodia1

March 8, 2016 at 10:55 pm

So inspiring and very motivating…Sir Charly thanks.

16. Ferima

March 9, 2016 at 10:41 am

Isn’t it boring all your life value lays on yourself. Living by God gives you a better sens of yourself and others

17. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

March 9, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Would have read the write up but the picture was a complete turn off