Relationships

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Captain Matthew Countdown to their 20th Anniversary in Style

BellaNaija.com

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Captain Matthew_20th AnniversaryOmotola Jalade-Ekeinde and her husband Capt. Matthew Ekeinde are about to celebrate their 20th anniversary with a 10-day luxurious trip for the two of them – and he’ll be the one flying the plane!

20 years ago he said to me pack for 1 week babes we going somewhere tomorrow. It became my honeymoon to CΓ΄te d’Ivoire, my first time on a private jet and he flew the plane!

Yesterday, he said to me pack for 10 days babes we going somewhere! He’s still flying as I await … anticipating like a kid again … Where could it be this time? #exited #countdowntomarch23rd #20yearsmarriageanniversary

1. iy

March 19, 2016 at 7:50 am

Congrats omo sexy.

• Damilola

March 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm

And people like to add, “their marriage is not perfect” or insinuating there’s cheating going on. What they don’t understand is, the fact that you still see them together, working on staying together, smiling, laughing means their marriage is good bcos 20years for some couple is, “they are together but not connected”. They rarely go places together. They don’t even smile or laugh whether privately or publicly.

• kayz

March 19, 2016 at 9:59 pm

can i love this comment again. way too much hating in the world today

• seriously

March 21, 2016 at 2:21 pm

I agree. Some couples can’t even stand the presence of each other. They don’t talk freely, avoidance and ignoring is how they cope.

2. Abi

March 19, 2016 at 8:10 am

20 years is no joke! I look forward to spending the rest of my life with DH. So help me God. Happy Anniversary Omotola and The Captain. #TheRealCaptainAndThePrincess

• Bey

March 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Is dis supposed to be throwing shade at Toolz.
      @therealcaptainandprincess.
      Oga o, people !

3. Chi

March 19, 2016 at 8:17 am

Okay. Fly safely and Happy Anniversary.

4. nene

March 19, 2016 at 8:38 am

aww. omotola was enjoying this guy from way back. being married to a pilot has a lot of perks. i wish them happy anniversary and safe flight!

5. creebhills

March 19, 2016 at 8:46 am

wow , its been 20 years already, so happy for her and family may God continue to bless their Marriage and home

6. Anony

March 19, 2016 at 8:58 am

Awwww.

7. Fola Coco

March 19, 2016 at 9:12 am

Wishing you many more decades together,may you grow old together. It doesn’t matter what age one marries,18,20 etc if it will work it will work..God,maturity,humility,friendship,understanding,being open to growth,contentment,forgiving each other,supporting each other,love and always being willing to work at it are ingredients that could make a marriage last long/stand the test of time.

8. Kitty

March 19, 2016 at 9:14 am

This is cute.. God bless me with my own

9. Fifi

March 19, 2016 at 9:51 am

That picture of her dont look like her 20 years ago sha but happy for her, 20 years is no joke in this modern day Nigerian marriages

• A

March 19, 2016 at 10:32 am

They have come again.how doesn’t it look like 20 years ago?! 20 years ago w 1996,and n 1970! Just say congrats and move on

• A

March 19, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Sorry for the typos πŸ™ * 20years ago was 1996, and not 1970.

10. Mo81

March 19, 2016 at 10:22 am

Happy Anniversary Omotola, u are indeed blessed, no formular to life, God has the monopoly of blessing people. God continue to keep u both in love, health and wisdom.

11. Nakoms

March 19, 2016 at 11:19 am

Tomorrow some losers will come hear and bash Nigerian men. Keep fishing in shark infested waters and come seek solace wih your men bashing folks in bella naija. People are living the life with or without money. For every story such as this there are a thousands (scratch that, millions) of true naija love stories from ajegunle to okoko from enugu to lafiaji. Money or not.

I always love me a real african man and woman. Strong Alpha characters telling the true naija story.

Naija for life.

12. fan

March 19, 2016 at 11:49 am

20years??and still into each other like new lovers,may God keep you forever.

13. I am...

March 19, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Catch them young and they shall be yours forever…….

• eyong

March 19, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Who lie you? Don’t go and find your own soul mate,. If you care, go and marry five year old. Mtcheeeww.

• kayz

March 19, 2016 at 10:02 pm

not true. someone caught me young. that ended last year

• Ij

March 20, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Creepy comment… quite worrying πŸ™

14. Bubu

March 19, 2016 at 12:30 pm

This is me in 20yrs with my boo! flying around the world enjoying God’s grace. Congrats to Omosexy and her Captain!.

15. prince

March 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm

20years!!! Happy Anniversary Omotola, you are a great inspiration and role model. You have shown and you keep showing that you can be successful all round.

You raised 4kids while building up your career, You made TIME 100 most Influential people in the world as a wife and mother, that shows that people can still be married and be successful in Nollywood. YOU ARE AMAZING and God is not done with you yet, Infact, He’s just about to start.

• Nakoms

March 19, 2016 at 1:33 pm

True talk. True talk.

16. mabel

March 19, 2016 at 6:04 pm

So many successful mothers made Time 100 most influential people so please don’t be awed by that. The fact remains whether single/married/with or without children God has caused you to impart your world. Congrats on your 20 years OmoT. When I look at you I do not look at a married person or mom with kids. I look at you as an individual who came to influence her world and did exactly that. If you’re reading this OmoT, you are more than a mom or wife those ones are just Jara as far as I’m concerned. Congrats to the captain too.

17. Vann

March 19, 2016 at 6:20 pm

They are both amazing. God is amazing! Happy anniversary!

18. Tee

March 19, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I celebrate you! 20yrs no be beans o especially as a working mum. You have done well all round.

19. Anonymous

March 19, 2016 at 8:18 pm

congrates to you omotola,but permite me to ask were you really 18 when you took the picture cos it seems to me that you were in your early 20s and not 18 as you always say,but hey i could be mistaking

20. Anonymous

March 19, 2016 at 10:15 pm

i celebrate with them (though i may have some backlash) ma’am you don’t really look 18 on the picture as you usually say you were when got married,more like in your early 20s.anyway God bless you guys cos twenty years of marriage these days looks like an eternity,bravo!!!!

21. Fashionista

March 20, 2016 at 1:43 am

Awww, warmed my heart. Happy anniversary to them.

22. anita

April 5, 2016 at 4:48 pm

happy anniversary my role model. enjoy