Scoop

#AsoEbiBella – Mide Martins, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, Femi Adebayo & more at Faithia Williams Balogun’s Brother’s Wedding

BellaNaija.com

Faithia Williams Balogun‘s brother’s wedding in Oyo state had a star-studded guest list including Nollywood actors popular in the Yoruba movie scene including Femi Adebayo, Mide Martins, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, Ronke Oshodi Oke, designer CEO Luminee Official and many more.

***Mercy Aigbe-Gentry at Faithia Williams Balogun's Brother's Wedding in Oyo State Mercy Aigbe-Gentry Myde Martinsat Faithia Williams Balogun's Brother's Wedding in Oyo State.jpg Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, Myde Martins, CEO Luminee Officialat Faithia Williams Balogun's Brother's Wedding in Oyo State.jpg CEO Luminee Officialat Faithia Williams Balogun's Brother's Wedding in Oyo State.jpg Mide Martins and Faithia Williams BalogunFaithia Williams Balogun's Brother's Wedding in Oyo State

Photo Credit: Instagram.com

1. Ijebujesha

April 2, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Na serious agbo yoyo soI hope they danced to Ijo yoyo at that party. God help we Nigerians with our shallowness and superficiality.

• raker

April 3, 2016 at 5:16 am

BN, why are they on yellow? Are they cultists? Yellow Is the official colour for buccaneers.

If nah enugu, police for don arrest them. ..theres zero stance on cultism here

• Bebabe

April 3, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Are you for real??????? Wearing a certain colour to look uniform is now cultict?

2. tee

April 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

i hate this new styke of tying gele that fathia has on ….makes a lot of people look so ridiculous

• tee

April 2, 2016 at 9:56 pm

style

3. Lateefah

April 2, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Shortest BN As

4. Lateefah

April 2, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Shortest BN Aso-ebi series
    Mercy’s brow is not for this planet

5. o

April 2, 2016 at 10:05 pm

when makeup begins to look like a mask!, so heavy it can stand on its own…..

6. Meanwhile....

April 2, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I don’t get those women. They are gorgeous beings until they turn around and start bleaching!!! Gosh! I am a huge fan of Yoruba movies, we might say what we want about the juju overdose, but those movies make sense! The storylines, as strange as they are, are weirdly plausible. Anyhoo, those women were beautiful with their natural skin shade. When you watch movies as frequently as I do, you see the progression in each movie: the skin reddening, the cheekbones and the forehead getting ligther first; the darkened knucles; the acne outbreaks from the damaging the skin; the subtle ageing of black skin cracking in front of your eyes; the layers upon layers of make-up to hide the damages done… Gosh! I HATE skin bleachig. It literally damages people. That’s crazy!!!!! Why?!?! OMG, WHY?!?!

• Joke

April 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Miss Meanwhile…Abeg leave my sistahs oh. Na “in abroad” you dey??? Bleaching is the order of the day if you want to be a Lagos “big geh.” Pancake make up and street sweeping weave on are essentials too. No come spoil market for my sisters and no dull yaself too oh! LOL!

• Bey

April 2, 2016 at 10:41 pm

My dear ur so rite………Mide Martins just spoilt her skin totally. Everyone in the industry is now a shade lighter.
      Even d men e.g that kola whatever guy. They are not left out in patronising dese their cream mixers.
      Atleast Mercy’s own is a bit suble.

7. olanma

April 2, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Hehehehe @ Meanwhile, did you see the overdone make-up.. Ojuju calabar has nothing on these women MEHN!!! My eyes are bleeding.

8. ivyyy

April 2, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Everybody don fair, issokay…d makeups tho,too heavy

9. Apples

April 2, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Who is their make up artist???? This is horror!!!

10. Lala

April 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm

This ladies must be spending so much money on asoebi mehn. I can imagine how much Mercy has spent on trads to always look on point. Am not counting their money for them tho, its just an observation sha.

11. queen bee

April 2, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Now they go everywhere with the designer Olumiee, ok soon she will say she want to start acting abi. But they slay sha

12. bp

April 3, 2016 at 12:35 am

I really cant fathom why ibo girls like to put down others, they like bleaching!, they like this, they like that, really?? How is that your business. Scrolling down the pictures all that came to my head was “these ladies look nice”. Only for me to get to the comment section. Phew!! Common babes you are better than this nonsense. #bella post my comment#

• Gerry

April 3, 2016 at 7:13 am

@bp Liar liar pants on fire! Afi gorgeous ko. Please carry your tribalistic self somewhere else

• Chichi

April 3, 2016 at 10:26 am

??????
      Tell us why you really mad hun…Not good for you BP. .tsk tsk…not good

13. Amh

April 3, 2016 at 12:35 am

Gorgeous.

14. Sore

April 3, 2016 at 1:44 am

Please how was the brother- the actual celebrant-‘s name not mentioned through all these?

15. TruthSayer

April 3, 2016 at 2:10 am

OMFG! I can’t find their ‘faces’…Just look at those eyebrows, they look like nothing short of cartoon characters. Nigerian Makeupartists do wayyy too much! And they too had no qualms to come out looking like that? Gosh I can’t deal with all that fakeness ???

16. deedee

April 3, 2016 at 2:52 am

the eyebrow must be the mua’s trademark cos they all look the same. beautiful women but too much makeup

17. Beckie

April 3, 2016 at 8:46 am

How on earth do these yoruba actresses feel comfortable with so much paint on thier faces all d time!

18. Lala

April 3, 2016 at 10:25 am

Omo eyebrows ehen toh scary wettin na fight? This one isn’t makeup this is pancake the dresses are fine but the heavy duty pancake can absorb maple syrup and still be dry (did I make sense :P)

19. funky

April 3, 2016 at 10:27 am

I was at the wedding yesterday,all of them have bleached the goodness outta their life

20. Tanonymous3

April 3, 2016 at 12:58 pm

I hv been reading on blogs , naija forums, IG, etc and havent made a comment on this topic. Enough of the yoruba shaming on bleaching. First of all I used to run a beauty ecommerce store for a while in naij before I relocated and THE FACT is 99% of my skin lightening customers were Igbos. I can easily provide screenshots from my order dashboard to show the names but of course I wont.

Second of all, there are natural and safer ways to lighten – using steroid free & HQ free products. I am in the beauty business so I know.

So the whole igbo girl are the only fair – i dont know where it comes from when majority of them bleach just as much or even more. Yorubas spend more on clothes & jewelry- igbos more on creams. FACT.

• Lilo

April 3, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Don’t mind them. As if Susan Chanel and fifi Safia sharp sharp da moon are Yoruba girls. Mschewwwwwwww

• ao

April 4, 2016 at 1:41 am

@Tanonymous3. Your story sounds made up. Why attack Igbos? Is it the opposite of Yoruba? If Yorubas in the movie industry are bleaching then it is what it is. How are Igbos responsible or to blame?

21. keke driver

April 3, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Bleachers association of Nigeria.

22. kristin

April 3, 2016 at 3:52 pm

How do you guys do it.? How did you people manage to turn bleaching into a tribal thing? I salute una creativity.

• ivyyy

April 3, 2016 at 10:01 pm

My dear am also wondering here o

23. Meanwhile....

April 3, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Nope, I’m not igbo. And I’m not “hating” because of the people those ladies are from. It’s just that bleaching really kills!! You live under the tropical sun, you are supposed to have melanin to avoid some diseases. Come on let’s be truthful here, Skin bleaching is dangerous and damages the skin! “Black don’t crack” is never applicable to bleached skin. Sorry to say, but those who sell those products are nothing but death merchants in high heels.

• chichi

April 3, 2016 at 9:02 pm

why are you defending yourself?. Those with a brain got you the first time. So because the women pictured above are yoruba women, the ppl calling them out for bleaching must be igbo girls…Lmao..you guys are yet to tell us why you’re really mad..Someone is even giving us statistics..We have heard ooo..igbo girls bleach more..lol..Like meanwhile said, pls stop bleaching your skin….We dont care if you are igbo, yoruba, hausa or Edo….Just stop it…How yall managed to drag igbo girls into this is beyond me..its funny though..

24. Lala

April 3, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Its not only yoruba people that bleach, I have a cousin who bleaches like mad and even has a mustache and dark knuckles when I posted that pic comparing bleached knuckle to Boli she wan use igbo cuss me 😀 my thing is what ever you do to your skin na your business but I have the right to call out your 5 o clock shawdow and Boli knuckle (that can be the name of a shade of lip stick or eyeshadow Boli brown, Boli yellow, etc)

25. Abiola

April 3, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Y is it so hard 4 ppl to be comfortable wit dier skin. I cud throw up wit dier facial horror.

26. Blueberry

April 3, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Why the yellow and heavy makeuo makes them look like cougars. Warisdis?!

27. Iyun

April 4, 2016 at 10:19 am

Their skin, their money, their business.. Congrats to the couple