Scoop

Bimbo Akintola, Linda Ejiofor, Kehinde Bankole, Ade Bantu & More star in “8 Bars & A Clef” – A Movie about Music, Love and Drama!

BellaNaija.com

If you love Nigerian music, you are in for a treat as new movie “8 Bars and A Clef” chronicles the rise to grace of a talented act, Victor E.

The movie stars Nollywood favourites such as Bimbo Akintola, Wale Ojo, Linda Ejiofor and Kehinde Bankole. The movie has as its lead character the multi-talented alternative music act Ibukun (IBK) SpaceshipBoi with the iconic Ade Bantu who makes a stellar Nollywood debut.

Expect a lot of love, drama, tears and great music as the movie follows the struggles of a young talented rapper (IBK) who battles a learning disability, a dysfunctional home and betrayal to make it in the Nigerian music industry.

“8 Bars and a Clef” was produced and directed by Chioma Onyenwe for Raconteur Productions and was first screened at AFRIFF in November 2015.

It will hit the cinemas in June 2016.

Meet the cast below.

Photography: Tobbie Maguire of TCD

1. Tosin

April 29, 2016 at 9:40 am

Ade Bantus abs though. The movie better impress. Looking forward to Bimbo

2. Kunle

April 29, 2016 at 10:08 am

Kehinde is so under rated. Great body of work yet still underground. Im hoping this takes her higher

3. heesterii

April 29, 2016 at 10:26 am

wow nice one. Cant wait to see the movie.

4. ifyy

April 29, 2016 at 11:07 am

Can’t wait to see this move, so many great characters in it!

5. Kwincyj12

April 29, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I love Olumide Owuru, really can’t wait to see u on ds one

6. Tunmi

April 29, 2016 at 12:24 pm

My darling tí tí lai lai, Bimbo Akintola!!!!!!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

7. Miracle Moses Onuoha

April 29, 2016 at 12:51 pm

YESS!!!!!! I CANT WAIT.

8. Frank teacher

April 29, 2016 at 1:32 pm

BN , Olumide is worthy of mention in the headlights, his an AMVCA nominee.
    Ade Bantu, all ur eye popping won’t make d ladies go away, you’re an eye candy.
    Kehinde’s weight and colour fluctuates in various movies, (could just be the camera) it’s all part of what makes you a great actor, I think…
    Bimbo’s intro to nollywood, had the teaser of the movie she starred alongside RMD saying; “a star is born”. I dare say that star has kept shinning.

9. Chu

April 29, 2016 at 1:59 pm

It seems Bimbo Akintola decided to stay with theater, its a pity cos she a great actress. Maybe she doesn’t get scripts from Nollywood.

• May

April 29, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Yes, because the scripts don’t make sense. She can’t just act in any movie. She’s a great actress!

10. tania

April 29, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Bimbo is the most UNDERRATED actress in the whole of NOllywood. .I miss her dearly.

i love her acting

11. that9naijababe

April 29, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I love that names of movies are not more Beyonce and Rihanna, Do you love me?, Lost Love, Forbidden Apple etc type names anymore. Big ups to the ones thinking outside the box.

12. S

April 29, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Jude Idada! We see you!

13. Carina

April 29, 2016 at 7:54 pm

@Tania…May God Bless you for that statement! I say it all the time. She’s a star and gifted. Bimbo is born to act. I miss her on screen.

ckjacob.com for fiction stories

14. Cc

June 10, 2016 at 8:58 pm

This movie is completely useless. And to think it had some hype. I was totally disappointed. I’m not sorry to say because I wasted my money and time. Nollywood, this is the reason I hate seeing your movies especially at cinemas. It’s your business if you don’t improve.

15. Cc

June 11, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Indeed!. Their finished work is still a shame and a mess except a few.