Style

Christie Brown’s Spring 2016 Collection is Straight Off the 1800s

Richard Akuson

Christie Brown Lookbook SS16

Leading Ghanaian womenswear designer Christie Brown has done it again. The brand has gone to far away early century Europe for their Spring 2016 collection. The collections features lots of prints paired with chiffon. Drop shoulders and plisse inserts are  quite a reoccurring element across the collection.

Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16Christie Brown Lookbook SS16

Christie Brown Lookbook SS16

Website: www.christiebrownonline.com Instagram: @christiebrown

Richard Akuson is founder at The PR Boy a boutique media and press relations agency for fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands with a specialty in raising the overall awareness of a brand, product or image of a company or person. Richard is also a weekly columnist at Bellanaija.com ('On The Catwalk' and 'Collection Conversations'), he's also a party host at The Front Row and a vlogger at Get Pink with Richard . Want to reach out? Follow @richardakuson on Instagram and @richardakuson on Twitter or send an email to [email protected]

1. tm

April 16, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Love love love this collection! Very interesting. And the model is really pretty

• Caligula

April 17, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I like just a couple of the pieces.. Gotta applaud her for her creativity tho

• Surely

April 18, 2016 at 5:00 am

Christie is such a mediocre copy cat. This is no different.

2. kk

April 16, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I LOVEEEEEEE THEM ALLLLLLL. Great job!

3. Pat

April 16, 2016 at 6:15 pm

I absolutely love it! I would love to wear some of these.

4. ThatGhanaChick

April 16, 2016 at 6:24 pm

This is just so beautiful, she is really kept a certain standard. I am really proud of her

5. TimeTestedValues

April 16, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Gorgeous line!

6. osaretin

April 16, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Very nice

7. teee

April 16, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Giving me LIFE! I want them all. I used to love CB and Lisa folawiyo same way, but I think I have a fav now. #noshade

8. Kiiki

April 16, 2016 at 6:42 pm

The model looks like Beyonce!!! Gorgeous outfits too 🙂 ???

• sugar

April 17, 2016 at 3:24 pm

I tot so too. Brilliant collection

9. GBEMI BABY

April 16, 2016 at 7:03 pm

everything about this is giving me soooo much life
    the clothes, the model uh
    Christie Brown never fails!!!

10. chichi

April 16, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Yes yes yes!

11. Akos

April 16, 2016 at 7:28 pm

They kind na unique and creativity at it best.

12. Me

April 16, 2016 at 8:13 pm

I dont like it.. and I have the right to chose. This is not my style

13. Adaobi

April 16, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Sure Christine Brown is a designer. Good work.

14. Layo

April 16, 2016 at 10:28 pm

This collection is absolutely beautiful, something graceful about all the pieces. Very wonderful job done

15. Oma

April 16, 2016 at 10:32 pm

the model is beautiful, from head to toe, abeg you guys should also be naming these models nah

16. mouth mouth

April 16, 2016 at 11:27 pm

my GH sister you slaying it gidigidi whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a classy two thoooooooooooooooooozin and sixteeeeen to the yearly

17. Missy J

April 17, 2016 at 12:53 am

I love some of the pieces while some came out like the designer got hooked in the process and had to maneuver her way through it.
    I don’t like the mosquitoes net used.
    Creativity wasn’t at it best here.

18. queenbee

April 17, 2016 at 4:55 am

The model is beautiful? ???naija women. anything with yellow skin is pleasing to yall. theBay girl.is 100 percent normal.looking. If she was dark skin you wouldn’t notice her. your own agbani darego is what is beauty. This model has a normal face. not ugly but I get so tired seeing Nigeria n’s act like slaves over red bone. The collection is to die for though still.

• Lily

April 17, 2016 at 6:59 am

But she isn’t dark skinned and will never be – so accept she is beautiful . I don’t hear people saying if she is dark skinned she won’t be fine Abeg pls stop looking for ways to discount people’s look

• Latifa

April 17, 2016 at 7:28 am

Let go of the hatred you have for light skin women, we are all black just a different shade.

• Benny

April 17, 2016 at 7:31 am

This is annoying. I am light skinned and this statement is repulsive. There isn’t any one way to be black. We are all black and that model is damn beautiful. Why so full of inferiority complex influenced hate?

• Tanonymous3

April 17, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Lolol. Thank you!!! I was about to say the samething. Once someone is yellow in naija; they are automatically beautiful. Funny thing is when I saw the model on the homepage; i was like “who is this” no comments sha cos its no good to call somepne ooogly. But she is far from beautiful. She is just very normal and certainly looks better with her legs covered pls

• Oma

April 17, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Who mentioned her skin colour? Goes to show what beauty is to YOU. Take a good look at her and you will what the rest of us see – it is the consistency of her brown shade i.e no dark things here and there, it is her height, it is those long straight legs, it is the proportionate size of ‘everything’. She is GORGEOUS, accept it and forget colour, she would still be beautiful even if she were 10 shades darker!

• Mrs. A

April 24, 2016 at 11:18 am

Well said

19. Lily

April 17, 2016 at 7:00 am

Rather if she is light skinned she won’t be fine*

20. wendu

April 17, 2016 at 8:08 am

She reminds me of Beyoncy and she has very beautiful legs

21. NACHI DIVA

April 17, 2016 at 8:52 am

Beautiful!

22. neeka

April 17, 2016 at 1:07 pm

SIMPLE GORG. i like the fact that she used a “normal” size woman…not the typical stick figures…nothing wrong with stick figures…but the larger part of the population is closer to this beautiful model…i see alot of Africans and non-Africans enjoying these designs. thats how you do it…and she is based in Africa, clap clap….i don’t give credits to those non-starters who live abroad and talk the talk about giving back to our tailors back home, but do nothing…kudos

23. hezekina pollutina

April 17, 2016 at 1:33 pm

very good effort, nice mix of influences. i see 4 pieces i would try.

24. I just waka come...

April 17, 2016 at 2:02 pm

This is honestly gorgeous.
    You can see such attention to details.
    I almost didn’t open this page.

What Bella posts as fashion collections from Nigerian designers, at least the ones I’ve seen posted on the blog recently, are scary.
    Poor finishing, no theme etc.
    Worse still said designer will pop up in the comment section acting like no body ‘got the concept’.
    What concept? There was nothing there in the first place.

Well done Christie Brown.
    And yes the model is perfect for these outfits, physique, aura etc.

Dear Nigerian designer, don’t just pick your neighbours daughter to model your so called ‘collection’ to save money.

Now, CB: Do you have a work wear line???!

• Abk

April 18, 2016 at 12:22 am

I like 65% of your comment. You can criticize constructively but don’t say bs. How are you sure Nigerian designers use their neighbors or friends daughters to model their collection? I hate outrageous generalisations. This is one thing I detest about Nigerians, you see something good about a country or person, then you not only compare that person to another, you insult the person, in this case, Nigerian designers. I guess Deola Sagoe has poor finishing and uses her neighbors daughter’s to model her collection? Or Iconic Invanity, or Ejiro Amos Tafiri, or Tiffany Amber, etc? My point? Criticize constructively without putting another down, and try to be accurate.

25. Christian Sister

April 17, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Dope!!!!!!!!

26. Nina

April 17, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Kwasiaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    what the – does her skin color have to do with this post.?

Seek psychological help

27. Adaobi

April 17, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Beautiful outfits. Did they have Beyoncé in mind?

28. nystyle

April 17, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Saw one of this picture on another blog and thot it was actually beyonce..i like the outfits,very victorian style.

29. Aya Gbo nikan

April 18, 2016 at 3:26 am

Thank God Richard has done away with his byline of I’m 21…… Unfortunately , the rest of the pics ain’t loading . We should strive for excellence, near perfection , attention to details and professionalism in all we do. Our Nigerian designers aren’t that bad ooooo!

30. Reina de las fabricas

April 18, 2016 at 8:55 am

It’s vintage and Modern all in one; the best way in may opinion to keep a collection timeless. Pleats, appliques, lace bows, delicate fabrics…LOVE IT ALL
    Kind of reminds me of a character in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin…lol

31. N. M.

April 18, 2016 at 12:32 pm

@Reina de las fabricas….the character is Keira Knightley. I love this collection and the model is just too beautiful.

32. Mz Titilitious

April 18, 2016 at 1:04 pm

lovely collections….. the model looks like Bey