Style

#BeyHive, Where Were You at the Launch of Ivy Park in New York?

beyonce ivypark launch bellanaija april2016

According to Marie Claire (marieclaire.com), not a lot of bees from the beehive showed up for their queen bee in New York for the launch of her Ivy Park athleisure clothing line in Topshop.

We brought you the news of the brand’s launch to you (click here if you missed it) and anticipated that like all other Topshop collaborations, the queues would be ridiculous especially because it’s Beyonce!
No overnight queues or anxious shoppers waiting to break down the door or fighting fans ready to do anything for a piece of the collection. But we can confirm with receipts that the turn out was quite low for the Ivy Park launch at Topshop’s Soho location compared to what it was in London.

30 minutes before the launch

30 minutes before the launch

“I woke up and saw the hashtag and could see that London had crazy lines, so I felt like I had to rush to get down to the store,” said one shopper, Krystal. “Why are people not here? It’s Beyoncé. I don’t understand”

“Everyone’s into the athleisure look right now so I thought this was going to be down the block,” said another shopped named Emily. “I’m so surprised.”

15 minutes before the launch, a few people show up

15 minutes before the launch, a few people show up

When the doors opened

When the doors opened

Cornelous Danzey, Topshop’s creative brand manager, was shocked too. His team has been prepping for this day for over a year now. “I was thinking people would be lined up down the block,” he said. “I follow Beyoncé on Instagram and everyone’s raving about Ivy Park.”

But he’s sure the crowd will pick up over the weekend. “I think we made it apparent that Ivy Park is now a part of Topshop’s brand. It’s not just a one-week collaboration that’s going to sell out and disappear — this is going to be with us continually throughout the season,” he said. “The clothing in other store collaborations are very theatrical, but this line is more wearable. It’s all about comfort and it’s not about show.”

Danzey also assured that shoppers have nothing to worry about if pieces do sell out, because Topshop will be restocking the collection every two weeks.

Source: Cosmopolitan

1. xplorenollywood.com

April 17, 2016 at 8:45 am

Americans done tire or Beyonce time don lapse??? Or maybe this isn’t there issue right now after all there is a high probability that a red neck with awful hair will be president! Lol… ah well, they will be stocking every 2weeks so people can pick one anytime they want.

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect

April 17, 2016 at 9:57 am

Trump may be a lot of things, but he certainly is no red neck☺

2. Bey

April 17, 2016 at 9:00 am

I’m a die hard Beyonce fan, have all her albums. But I have more important things to do with my money, than buying “gym clothes” abi sportswear like oyinbos call it.
    If I see anythn £20 or less I can consider.
    Even her House of Dereon stuff was always pricy.
    Good luck to all the buyers.

• Zen

April 17, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Exactly! It’s gym wear for goodness sake. I am sure it will also cost an arm and a leg

3. poison ivy

April 17, 2016 at 9:32 am

New yorkers, where una dey?

4. nene

April 17, 2016 at 9:51 am

lmao. nobody has her time in america. and have u seen the prices of those things? beyonce should just go and take car elf her family biko

• Ann

April 17, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Nobody has her time yet it sold out? It was launched on a Thursday morning. People have work and a lot of people bought it online and the top shop website even shut down for hours. People just didn’t want to go to physical shops when they can get the same thing online.

• faa

April 17, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Lmaoooo. As in eh!!! Chic is always releasing one thing or the other… and exorbitantly priced for that matter. Pluser fan base are mostly young adults that probably can’t afford most of these things. Its almost as if she wants to drain their pockets. Pay thru your nose for tour, then lose an arm for meet and greet with her, then ivy park, then album. Yet one free concert she can’t dash them. Hia I never see o. Being an opportunist is one thing but i think this is just plain greed. I don’t blame her. its those patronizing her i blame.

5. Dee

April 17, 2016 at 10:42 am

Really Bella Naija? I could pull up thousands of articles talking about how Nordstorms, Topshop and other online stores were sold out. Even the Top shop site was down for a bit due to the demand. This obscure Cosmo article is what you want to lead with? By the way, Ivy Park is a brand not a one time concept celebrity line. You can literally buy it at any time you want because it will always be available.

6. Lagos is my home

April 17, 2016 at 11:23 am

Leggings for $100 and they wonder why there is no queue. …… people are getting tired of overpriced stuff

7. Caligula

April 17, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Regular folk like me spend Wayy too much money on these millionaire celebrities. It’s the music, concerts, clothing line, makeup line, gbo gbo e. Bills, student loans & mortgage nko? I think people are beginning to wake up ?

8. mrs chidukane

April 17, 2016 at 2:24 pm

I don’t believe it’s about not having her time. The clothing is basically workout wear and is not limited edition so why stress yourself when it will always be there? There would have been crazy queues if she was going to be there though.

9. Common sense

April 17, 2016 at 2:35 pm

The topshop website was out of service because of Ivy park. NICE TRY LOL. The collection is mostly sold out online and also in top shop physical locations so….

10. ATL's finest

April 17, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Lmao! In as much as I love sportwears or whatever U wanna call it, I pass on this one. Like jeez the price tho smh. Well like I commented before this year, I’m putting the $$$ in my pocket. I’m not patronizing / buying nothing :). Well some will still buy just because . Good luck to those who are able. There are better things I can be doing with my pennies.

11. SLA

April 17, 2016 at 3:38 pm

This is online age, people don’t need to physically come to the shops. The products are selling out online.

12. chi-e-z

April 17, 2016 at 6:29 pm

people probably bought it online plus topsop ain’t as popular in u.s.[least in south] as it is london if it was like forever 21 or gap or something that’s everywhere most people will go to the store first to see. but topshop is almost impossible to come across here.

13. Ngozi

April 17, 2016 at 6:33 pm

IMO, That’s because Beyoncé is getting too coded and this surprise release here and there is getting boring and abut lost in translation, it doesn’t give people enough time/info about her products or business..