Relationships

Pay Your Tithe & Keep Your Partner Close! Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde shares the secrets of her Successful 20-Year Marriage

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde & Matthew Ekeinde (1)

The Ekeindes’ recently celebrated 20 years of marriage (click here if you missed it) and we think Omotola Jalade Ekeinde would definitely be one of the right people to give advice on how to build a successful marriage.

The sexy actress and mother to four children recently dished out 2 tips to having a successful marriage while speaking to Kemi Asefon on “The Love Haven”. According to her, the best way to have a successful marraige  is by paying your tithe and staying close to each other.

She said

“If you want to be successfully married, they have to take time to be so close to each other that every other thing does not matter. There should never be third parties in your marriage. It is like a wall. The minute it’s cracked and lizards start coming in, it will be hard to find that lizards and throw them out. And they will start creeping into your family. Try and always sort out the issues between you.”

Talking about paying your tithe, she added,

“Pay your tithe individually. It’s a covering. This is our secret. When you don’t pay your tithe, you have not committed yourself and your home will not be put together. It is your foundation. But when you pay your tithe, God helps you take away every devourer. When that is taken care of and you are God-fearing, as darts are coming from every angle, you are already fortified. If you trust each other, tell each other the truth even if one person errs.”

1. Donald Trump

April 7, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Is that an ‘OMOSEXY’ tattoo on this razz looking guy’s arm? Omo, dem don use punny collect saturday from this boy hand, give am sunday

• Damilola

April 7, 2016 at 2:32 pm

It’s unfortunate, that a successful marriage is viewed as something that’s too difficult to attain. And when attained, it’s over celebrated. Every successful marriage is different and what keeps each couple going varies. But one thing that seems universal is, communication(even silent communication through body language) keep it between each other not broadcast it to outsiders and know your love language.

• Marvel

April 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Very true. I fail to understand what paying tithes has to do with marriage. I know couples who are aethists who have successful marriages. You have to work at it.

• Edu

April 8, 2016 at 11:09 am

I believe generosity and helping others is much better. Check out Bill and Melinda gate. A classic example

• Wunmi

April 7, 2016 at 2:35 pm

You mad?

• Sugar

April 7, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Yes she mad!

• Temz O

April 9, 2016 at 5:14 pm

LOL! she clearly is

2. Ej

April 7, 2016 at 2:06 pm

The Ekeindes’ recently celebrated 20 years of marriage (click here if you missed it) and we think Omotola Jalade Ekeinde would definitely be one of the right people to give advice on how to build a successful marriage. Aunty Bella thou shall not shade O loool ?anyways about tithe paying yes, about staying close to each other I don’t know am not married but will put that in mind wen hubby comes and may God continue to bless their home.

3. Jenny

April 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm

And The Lord will keep the devourers away from your marriage, Amen ! preach…

4. MUM

April 7, 2016 at 2:41 pm

well said my omosexy omotola jalade ekeinde, GOD BLESS UR UNION AND FAMILY.

5. Busarni

April 7, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Omo T congrats: my dear paying tithe does not guarantee a successful marriage. It’s high time women stopped trying to be an authority what makes a blissful marriage.
    It’s all centered on Gods grace; I have a very good friend that is passing through hard times in her marriage;babe is spiritual, a heavy tither and very close with her hubby. The thing is what works for ‘A will not necessarily work for ‘B.

• Ej

April 7, 2016 at 3:08 pm

What your friend is passing tru is called trails and temptations it is scriptural to be tried n tested but not wen d devil wins so my dear tell her to keep holding on to God, God doesn’t sleep, he is not a man dat should lie

• sistren

April 7, 2016 at 3:16 pm

heres something called point of. contact…what you don’t know is you can use your tithe as a point of contact on certain issues…if you. pay faithfully you can use it to challenge God. You are welcome:)

• Hephie Brown

April 7, 2016 at 4:18 pm

In life doing everything right does not guarantee that everything will happen right so people should chill with their “how to” advice! Especially all these godly ones, just because you are following all the rules in the Book doesnt mean everything will be right in your world! It is God’s decision, his grace, to make your life beautiful and if he allows your life to go to shi*ts then going to church 24/7, paying thites, joining ushering etc will not epp you! and it doesnt mean he doesnt love you or you are a bad person

stop eet!

• Nahum

April 7, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Thank you!!! A successful marriage is based on God’s grace. There is no mathematical formula. It is God’s Grace alone that will determine the success of a marriage. There are marriages where the man/woman is a serial cheat, they work it out and last while for others, only one incident of infidelity and it crashes. Don’t follow anybody’s formula. Create your own with your God and your man and pray for God’s Grace!!!

• Xiomara

April 7, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Why so prickly though,that’s her formula,that’s what works for her,she’s not holding a gun to anyone’s head and asking her to follow her..believe it or not,Tithing,Sowing of seeds…speaks a whole lot not just in marriage but all spheres of life. God bless your union,Omotola

6. ijedimma

April 7, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Congrats to the Ekeindes, the 2 secrets u gave work wonders in Marriages and homes but you also forgot to include Lord’s grace cos its not by our own might nor power but from above. You are truly blessed cos alot of people who also have done the above mentioned still have bad marriages and homes (who pays tithe more than pastors but most of them have bad marriages). people who have sown bad seeds into other peoples homes (as singles and married) this includes gossip, negative vibes and advises, fornication/adultery are reaping their rewards which is instability, strive and divorce. Good luck to u guys

7. lee

April 7, 2016 at 3:11 pm

At Bursani, u just spoke my mind. Cos I was beginning to wonder if troubled marriages of nowadays are for lack of tithing. While I thank God for em, pls dear Omotola, u came this far only by God’s grace.

8. ebuka

April 7, 2016 at 3:28 pm

so paying tithe is what made her marriage successful? in as much as i am impressed that omosexy and hubby pays their tithe but i disagree that is paying tithe that helped her marriage!! almost everybody trying to use something as the helper of ones marriage… at least a simple its by the grace of God that my marriage is still flourishing….. i would respect that! but you dont have to agree though so please dont come and say im a hater!!

9. Nnomsie

April 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Most pple are busy trying to see the relationship between tithing and her successful marriage. Na wa o. This are things that worked for her, you can apply and see if it will work for you or jump and pass. anyways while people were trying to compare tithing to a law in the old testament, I decided to apply that law to my little hobby and not only monthly salary and mehn the ideas and jobs that have been coming are making me so excited and yes, ma tithe will also increase. the law of giving and receiving. when the word attached devourers to the principle of tithing, it meant devourers to every area of your life depending on how you apply the word in prayers. In Marriage, devourers can be single desperate babes, wicked inlaws etc. Learn what you can and move on.

• "changing moniker"

April 7, 2016 at 6:09 pm

spot on!!!
      Tithing always works…for everything, nit just finances.

10. viv

April 7, 2016 at 5:12 pm

@sistren God bless you! Spot on!!

11. Choices

April 7, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Permit me to say I’m not married, but I am in a stable relationship. I congratulate omotola on her wedding anniversary but I have to disagree that paying tithe is what made her marriage succesful. I am a catholic. We don’t tithe but we give offertory in church and many catholics, including my parents have had long lasting marriages. My aunt, who doesn’t even believe in God, has been married to her husband for over 15 years and they have one of the best marriages I’ve ever seen. In my opinion, what makes for a successful marriage is, marry someone has 60% or more of what you look for in a partner, especially the things that matter to you (whatever that is), trust each other, communicate effectively and always, do things together always as that will keep you guys very close. E.g, cook, workout, clean the house, garden, attend events and go to church together…. Love them unconditionally and be COMMITTED (to someone who loves you, treats you well and is equally committed to you).These things make and keep u close but then again what works for me may not work for you.

12. The Chef

April 7, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I am a married woman. From my experience, what works for marriage is knowing your partners faults and learning to leave with it. During courtship, do not focus on his good attributes cos even the devil loves the good side of every man. Look out for his faults and see if you can leave with it for the rest of your life. Bearing in mind that you cannot change an adult (in a rare case, if he/she changes in future, it becomes an added advantage).

13. Xiomara

April 7, 2016 at 8:17 pm

14. ada

April 7, 2016 at 8:30 pm

@choices not all catholics don’t pay tithe although a large number of them don’t. However some catholic churches pay tithes. The catholic churches I attended in Ife had tithe offering; same for the one I attended in Abj. So yes some of us catholics pay our tithes. By the way the blessing attached to tithing is very real. I have always tried to be faithful with my tithe and so when I was looking to take my current job, I said to God that I didn’t want to tell my employer what I want to be paid hence I ask for too little or too much. I increased my tithe at that time and brethrens behold when the offer came it was what I was tithing with jara on top.

15. Joke

April 7, 2016 at 9:14 pm

That may be her story and she may be sticking to it… but we are not in their relationship and we don’t know what actually goes on it. So, to each his/her own. Omotola isn’t necessarily the most honest person out there. I have caught some of her “changed stories” in the past. She is also very smart about creating and sustaining the mystique about her marriage, which is her biggest selling point as a Nollywood star, so make no mistake, that message was carefully crafted to enhance her image and it was not necessarily a heart felt message she shared…

16. bbbbbb

April 7, 2016 at 10:36 pm

secret to marriage success in Nigeria: wife makes way more money than husband. Husband stays put to help manage assets !! Lmaooo

17. DD

April 8, 2016 at 11:42 am

Put GOD First and apply his principles to reign on earth, communicate with your selves and GOD if youre unsure about anything, Love language of you and your spouse.

always! always realise that both of you are 1 .. so if you hit her, you’re hitting your self.

18. le coco

April 11, 2016 at 10:05 am

oga looks better with his gray hair.. like george clooney.. all this hair dying no fine