Events

Shh! Here is What You Missed at The Kinky Apothecary’s 1st Secret Natural Hair Brunch of 2016

The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 31On Saturday March 5th, 2016, The Kinky Apothecary – www.thekinkyapothecary.com hosted The Secret Natural Hair Brunch in collaboration with Artist & Scientist, and sponsored by Cointreau.

Forty ladies on the quest for healthy hair gathered at the Sleek Resource Centre, Victoria Island for a 3-course meal catered by Nigerian chef Toritse Oparison – aka Artist & Scientist – and hair talk led by Nibi Lawson, founder of The Kinky Apothecary.

Brunch was washed down with a variety of delicious cocktails courtesy of Cointreau, and guests were also able to shop for clothing at Grey’s pop up shop, as well as natural hair products stocked at The Kinky Apothecary.

Additional hair & health advice was provided by natural hair blogger Igbo Curls and Mena Imasekha, founder of Omnutri, and guests rounded off a lovely afternoon with fully stocked goody bags from The Kinky Apothecary.

According to The Kinky Apothecary C.E.O. Nibi Lawson, “This brunch kicked off our social calendar for the year. Our plan is to host a series of fun, yet educational, events during the course of 2016”.

The Kinky Apothecary will host their next brunch event on May 7th in Lagos, in conjunction with Ngozi Opara, founder of The Heat Free Hair Movementwww.heatfreehair.com and Zim Ugochukwu, founder of Travel Noire – www.travelnoire.com.

The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 1 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 2 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 5 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 6 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 7 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 8 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 9 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 10 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 11 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 13 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 15 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 16 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 17 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 18 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 19 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 20 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 21 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 22 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 23 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 27 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 28 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 29 The Kinky Apothecary’s Secret Natural Hair Brunch March 30

For more information about The Kinky Apothecary, please visit www.thekinkyapothecary.com |
Facebook  – https://www.facebook.com/KinkyApothecary | Twitter – https://twitter.com/KinkyApothecary | Instagram –

__________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. j'suis belle

April 11, 2016 at 9:52 pm

LORD help my kinky hair grow fuller and longer without breakage oooooh! dats all am asking

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

April 12, 2016 at 8:17 pm

The Lord has helped you already. Lady.
      Use mayonnaise ( yes good old mayo) on your hair instead of store bought conditioner. Massage it into the scalp then coat from root to end in a down ward motion. Cover with a cap for 20 mins. You can mix the mayonnaise with extra virgin olive oil. Wash out with mild shampoo.

Also, use black tea to rinse your hair. If you like you could also use rosemary.
      All these would strengthen the hair from the root, reduce breakage, and sustain growth. Believe me. I would know. I have run the gamut from Miss Jessie’s, Jessigurl, Shea Moisture, Beemine, Cantu, Elasta QP, ORS and my hair still shed like crazy until I humbly returned to my trusted allies. They don’t smell as nice but they Definitely get the job done.

Yours in kinky goodness.

2. Mabel

April 11, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Loving this

3. Miss Mo

April 12, 2016 at 5:14 am

Wow, very impressive. Glad to see my fellow beautiful Nigerian ladies embrace their natural hair.

It will surely come to the rescue of those horrendous hairline most have…lol.

4. Leah

April 12, 2016 at 9:08 am

I spot a permed hair somebody. They didn’t gate her?

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

April 12, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Gate ke? Was that a prerequisite for entry?

I would have attended this program in braids or some weave of some nationality, just like I always rock me. Been natural for a while. Never carried the hair by itself. It’s nobody’s bi’ness but mine. Simples.

5. whocares

April 12, 2016 at 10:17 am

oooh look at these luscious hairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all look fantastic. However, if I ever have an event, I will ban phones. It makes my blood boil when people bring out their phone in a social gathering: so, for the 1 or 2 hours duration you are at an event, you cannot just be at the event? Keep that phone in your bag and if you must use it excuse yourself, do your business and come back. ahh! rant over. lol.
    @Leah: I am VERY liberal with my definition of natural hair. lool. I consider permed and relaxed hair natural hair too.. so long as its your hair in whatever state it is and its not some sort of weave or add on. loool.

• I just waka come...

April 12, 2016 at 8:51 pm

It always seems amazes me.

People at parties, clubs, even the cinema in deep concentration over their phone.

You mean you left the privacy of your home, to meet with people only to have a conversation with your phone???

6. jhennique

April 12, 2016 at 10:43 am

i sight @igbocurls #HairCrush

7. beebe

April 13, 2016 at 9:59 am

I will never wear a weave a again after watching this:
    MSN: How India’s human hair factory helps Africa a.msn.com/09/en-za/BBrEScJ?ocid=se

8. beebe

April 13, 2016 at 9:59 am

No wonder we have so many problems in Africa,